PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z Master 400 Series

rsmith2
08-21-2008, 04:08 PM
I am thinking about purchasing a new Toro Z master model number 74448. this is the 48" deck with a 21 hp kawi and 7 gauge steel deck. The asking price is $5500.00 and if I buy the vac system it will be an additional $1800.00 Does anyone have any thoughts about this mower or if anyone has one I would like to hear how you like it. Any comments would be helpful. Currently my largest mower is a 52" walk behind belt drive bobcat.

thanks
Rick

DillonsLawnCare
08-21-2008, 04:45 PM
dont buy it!!! i bought the 74449, 52" 21hp kawi., and the cut on that 7 gauge deck is crap!!!! i bought mine in May and have had problems ever since. the machine its self is ok. it does not hold on slight hills at all! do not buy it! toro's customer service has been horrible to me.

TXNSLighting
08-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Doesnt sound to bad. Ive always liked Toro. Its all in the dealer dillon.

DillonsLawnCare
08-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Doesnt sound to bad. Ive always liked Toro. Its all in the dealer dillon.

true!! my dealer sucks ass, so thats most of my problem. they refuse to refund my money. the mower has been in the shop over 5 times for them to fix it. the longest time was three weeks. no progress what so ever.

but you are right, it is all in the dealer!!!!:weightlifter:

firemanbubba
08-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Are you looking at the 400 or the 450 the 450 has a great cut and the mower is good. The deck and the shafts are one of only two best setups the other being scagg.

lawnpro724
08-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I would step up to the 500 series mower since thats the starting point for their large frame commercial Zs. The 400 is a good mower and is also a commercial grade machine. I have run Toro mowers for over 18yrs and have never had any major problems at all. Toro's 7 gauge Turbo Force deck leaves a great cut for us and about the only problem I have with it is the fact that just about everything that can catch wet grass under the deck is under the deck. I have several mowers and like the Turbo Force decks the best but those decks go out of their way to collect wet grass under the deck.

TXNSLighting
08-22-2008, 06:37 PM
true!! my dealer sucks ass, so thats most of my problem. they refuse to refund my money. the mower has been in the shop over 5 times for them to fix it. the longest time was three weeks. no progress what so ever.

but you are right, it is all in the dealer!!!!:weightlifter:

Man what a crappy dealer! Sorry to hear, are there no others around?