PDA

View Full Version : A few current pictures of my setup.

stevenf
08-21-2008, 04:19 PM
From last year, I added new BP blower and trimmer racksm the 21" mower, and the 97 GMC Jimmy. Within a few months, I will be getting a 36" WB and a stick edger.
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/brherper/006.jpg
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p175/brherper/007.jpg

All_Toro_4ME
08-21-2008, 04:47 PM
hows the cut quality of the LawnBoy Z? I don't see too many of those around here. Looks like some nice equipment. What brand is the 21" and what 36 wb are you getting.

MJS
08-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Looks good - that's a nice Jimmy you've got there.
So will the 36" wb replace the lawnboy, or are you keeping both?

Oh, and I don't see the backpack blower - am I missing something?

freshprince94
08-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Nice setup...what stick edger do you plan to buy?

stevenf
08-21-2008, 05:57 PM
The push mower is an Ariens homeowner I think. It was giving to me and I put a b&s engine on it. I figure since the deck is aluminum, and I have a couple push mower engines sitting aroun collecting dust, Ill use this one forever lol.
The cut on the Lawnboy is OK, It has been a really reliable machine for a homeowner model. I think the problem with the cut is the deck isnt level, Im working on it....
The backpack blower exhaust bolts broke off in the engine block so I have to send it to a machine shop to get one of them out.
The 36" mower will replace the Lawnboy. Im going to stick with smaller garden home and 1.4 acre lots after I get the new mower.
I was considering a Quick 36 but I may stick with a belt drivin WB from a local dealer.
The stick edger is undecided, I just know I need one....

freshprince94
08-21-2008, 06:01 PM
The push mower is an Ariens homeowner I think. It was giving to me and I put a b&s engine on it. I figure since the deck is aluminum, and I have a couple push mower engines sitting aroun collecting dust, Ill use this one forever lol.
The cut on the Lawnboy is OK, It has been a really reliable machine for a homeowner model. I think the problem with the cut is the deck isnt level, Im working on it....
The backpack blower exhaust bolts broke off in the engine block so I have to send it to a machine shop to get one of them out.
The 36" mower will replace the Lawnboy. Im going to stick with smaller garden home and 1.4 acre lots after I get the new mower.
I was considering a Quick 36 but I may stick with a belt drivin WB from a local dealer.
The stick edger is undecided, I just know I need one....

Not to hijack the thread, but if you are interested in buying a hedge trimmer or other attachment as well I recommend getting the Stihl Kombi motor, I love mine. Just don't use it as your only handheld, have a seperate trimmer.

If you just want an edger than I recommend Stihl FC 95, plenty of power but if you do a lot of overgrown edges than go with the FC 110.

Lawn Enforcer
08-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Sweet Jimmy! It looks like you're off to a good start, keep up the good work.

stevenf
08-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the comments guys!
Ill keep that edger in mind, thanks!

Langford2000
08-21-2008, 09:51 PM
If you just want an edger than I recommend Stihl FC 95, plenty of power but if you do a lot of overgrown edges than go with the FC 110.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that, I have the 110 with all the attachments but its a little heavy and somewhat of a pain in the butt to constantly change attachments. I use the redmax 2301s for primary trimmers. They are cheap ($250), light (around 9.5lbs), and plenty of power for everyday trimming. I keep the km110 for the heavy stuff.

STIHL GUY
08-30-2008, 11:03 PM
yea if i was you i would lok int othe STIHL Kombi unit. i sure wish i did when i was buying my trimmer

Kennedy Landscaping
08-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Can you bag with that ZTR?

robct
08-31-2008, 12:03 AM
yea if i was you i would lok int othe STIHL Kombi unit. i sure wish i did when i was buying my trimmer

this is what i have and i love it definatly a good choice

DixieFerris
08-31-2008, 11:30 AM
Good luck to you, hopefully you can start getting some commercial grade equipment soon and have a truck pulling that

stevenf
08-31-2008, 11:55 AM
No I cannot bag with this mower. Mainly because I dont want to invest in anything for it.
I hear ya! I will probably keep this Jimmy for another 12 months or so. Plan to purchase a hydro WB within the next few months. Mower is top priority right now over vehicle.

Riley Lawn Service
09-01-2008, 12:27 AM
not to rip on your jimmy or ne thing but i think it looks kinda rediculous for a jimmy to have offroad tires and wheels cuz u cant really take something like that offroad but other than that nice equipment

stevenf
09-01-2008, 02:15 AM
not to rip on your jimmy or ne thing but i think it looks kinda rediculous for a jimmy to have offroad tires and wheels cuz u cant really take something like that offroad but other than that nice equipment

A smaller, more compact vehicle like that or a Bronco, is way more capable offroad then any bigger pickup truck. I would take a v6 Bronco over a F250 powerstroke anyday if value wasnt the case.