PDA

View Full Version : ok, who pays for this

bobbyge
08-21-2008, 04:25 PM
the forecast here has been the same EVERY day, for 3 months= hot + humid with a chance of rain. so, i go out one sunny afternoon. i mix a tank of trimec plus, a tank of speedzone, and a third tank with round up, speed zone, and trimec plus. i head out to spray some weeds selectively, and also some beds and side walks, curb lines, and pavers. i empty the tanks, and am on my way home. it's getting black out quick. i jump in the shower, by the time i get out, it's pouring like hell, thundering and lightning. it goes on to rain heavily for 3 strait hours. my aplications at this point are worthless. does the customer still pay? do you explain that you did the aplication, the rain ruined it, and you need to get paid regardless, oh, and, a re-spray will be charged at full rate too? or do you not charge for the treatments that day, and re-spray at a fee? how do u handle this? thank you

americanlawn
08-21-2008, 05:43 PM
If the treatments do not work, we reapply at no charge. This is why we carry 2-way radio/cell phone units (AT&T) with internet capability that shows weather radar. We used to use Nextel, but AT&T recently came out with their own version, and it's much cheaper per month.

group501
08-21-2008, 06:32 PM
My experience has been that the weed control will still be effective (especially if sticker was used and the weeds were dry when sprayed). I would explain to the customer that re spraying the weeds at this point could cause a possible over application and would not be the right thing to do. I would also tell them that I would check the lawn in about 2 weeks and if the weed control did not work as desired I would re-apply at no cost. I would then schedule a spot spray service for that property while I was servicing in the area. I would not charge etra for this service. As they say sometimes you are the bug and sometimes the windshield.

humble1
08-21-2008, 10:56 PM
the forecast here has been the same EVERY day, for 3 months= hot + humid with a chance of rain. so, i go out one sunny afternoon. i mix a tank of trimec plus, a tank of speedzone, and a third tank with round up, speed zone, and trimec plus. i head out to spray some weeds selectively, and also some beds and side walks, curb lines, and pavers. i empty the tanks, and am on my way home. it's getting black out quick. i jump in the shower, by the time i get out, it's pouring like hell, thundering and lightning. it goes on to rain heavily for 3 strait hours. my aplications at this point are worthless. does the customer still pay? do you explain that you did the aplication, the rain ruined it, and you need to get paid regardless, oh, and, a re-spray will be charged at full rate too? or do you not charge for the treatments that day, and re-spray at a fee? how do u handle this? thank you

how soon after you finished speedzone is rain fast in 2 or 3 hours

JDUtah
08-21-2008, 11:13 PM
That's waht I was thinking.. if you sprayed before mid evening and it didn't rain till after dark.. it should have been rainfast before the storm hit.

gorknoids
08-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Had the same thing happen last month. Eight properties in the .75-3M range, all in one stop, so I had no drive time to listen to the radio. I cut and sprayed (Beds) 3, and was mowing the 4th when the sky went black due to an afternoon blow-up storm coming in off the bay.
The first prop died fine, but the other two needed respraying. We also had to cut and drag a good sized tree out of the road before we could get back to civilization that day!

vegomatic40
08-23-2008, 10:04 AM
I agree with the general consensus here, Wait a reasonable amount of time to determine efficacy (2-3 wks) and reapply at no charge within the limits of the label for the product(s). The consumer cannot be held responsible for the results due to the whims of weather conditions. A disclaimer for such apps. may be a good idea to put on invoices/statements etc. This can be chalked up as "the cost of doing business" and is an assumed risk.

wrtenterprises
08-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Good to see you back Bobby....