PDA

View Full Version : Perma Green Ultra Front Tires

lush&green
08-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Anyone replace the fronts on their Ultra? I did and I think while they are the same size as the old ones they actually are a bit different. One side rubs against the frame and causes problems. Perma Green would not sell me the tire only, just with the rims attached.

americanlawn
08-21-2008, 06:09 PM
We have replaced tires on both of our Ultras (BTW our Ultras are for sale). I buy the tires on ebay. If you buy the exact same size, the tires work perfectly. The original tires came with one gallon of RV antifreeze in each tire......we put in two gallons per tire cuz it offers even more stability. Just break the bead & pour it in. Then air up the tire. It's very quick & easy. If I remember correctly, the brand name of the tires we bought on ebay was "Carlisle".

philk17088
08-21-2008, 09:02 PM
You can buy the tires at Tractor Supply and even walmart.

PSUTURFGEEK
08-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Has anyone ever noticed how the tires on the first couple years of ultras would barely even show any wear.

lush&green
08-21-2008, 10:25 PM
With these new tires I see that the tire on the right has no space between it and the frame. Left tire has maybe an inch. Is it possible that the shop that installed the tired did not put the right tire on? Is there a spacer. The lugs look the same on both sides. I think it may just be the tires.

ted putnam
08-21-2008, 10:34 PM
I replaced mine in March. Mine were doing the same thing. The tire shop put the recommended pounds of air in but I don't think it was enough. I put like 20 pounds in and no problems since. Like was previously stated, I have 2 gals of liquid/anti freeze in each for extra stability.