PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of the SP2 sprayer

Dunn's
08-21-2008, 06:59 PM
what do you all think of the Sp systems: SP2 back pack sprayer

All responses are greatly appreciated

greendoctor
08-22-2008, 01:40 AM
Its ok if you do not mind pumping. I do not pump a sprayer. Refer to my spray boom thread. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=243068. With this set of equipment, I do lawns that are up to an acre or down to 500 sq ft with equal precision. It is also no problem for me to spray sizeable areas of trees and shrubs. All the power of a skid sprayer without having to drag a hose.

Dunn's
08-22-2008, 02:25 AM
thanks for the reply but this would be used for mainly glyphosate applications.

Maybe sedgehammer or some talstar on occasion but 99% of the time just good ole roundie.

We use granular for all applications for our program

Runner
08-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Excellent sprayer. I have and carry 4 of them at all times. 1 is for insectide (either Sevin or a bifen-imidicloprid mix), 1 is for selective herbicide (like Drive is mixed up, right now), 1 is for gly, and the other is for gly w/ pre-emergent (surflan) for hard surfaces, some beds (but not all) and such. these aren't all SP-2's. One is the SP Landscaper Choice, and one is another SP but different. I DO use a diaghram pump model for the one with Drive, and the one for insecticides (I use wp for the imidicloprid).

americanlawn
08-22-2008, 07:50 PM
We have thrown better sprayers in the dumpster. Check out the Shurflo SRS 600.

Runner
08-22-2008, 09:02 PM
That's weird, because mine have lasted for years, now.

americanlawn
08-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm sure that's true and not weird. I've owned pieces of sh$t that lasted years too. :laugh: But if you try a battery-powered unit, you will NEVER go back.

The best "hand crank" backpack sprayer we ever used was Shindaiwa (made in Brazil). 8 of them sit in our warehouse. None of my guys even want to look at them. They are for sale. In another year or so, they will be "dumpster material".

Dunn's
08-22-2008, 11:40 PM
i do not see a need for a battery powered sprayer at this time for 20 fert accounts and only about 80 that get crack spraying