PDA

View Full Version : How are you guys liking the "Better" Mowers?

RLLServicesCT
08-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Its that time where I am soon going to need a new mower to join my equiptment line. So I was wondering to all you guys who have "Better" mowers, what do you think of em'? If you have had a scag or exmark, did you like their performance better? I was thinking about a new exmark and got quoted $7,500 for a turf tracer hydro 52'' /w striper & bagger. Better mowers are cheaper, but is the performance better in the dually? Is their product worth buying. Maybe a new Rider.......HMM. Any input appreciated! Thanks.

QualityLawnCare4u
08-22-2008, 01:02 AM
I have never owned one of their mowers yet but from what I have read on here they are very wll like and a good mower for the money. The new dually they have come out with is the new hot topic right now.

bigw
08-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I have a superduty 36" and to be honest even though its not the dually hydro it sure is a great machine, i mean it is as well built as any mower on the market stregnth wise and other then losing a few cotter pins off my front caster it has been 100% lights out and cuts and stripes awsome and i dont even use a striping kit!

J.A.G LAWNCARE
08-22-2008, 05:27 PM
I have a superduty 36" and to be honest even though its not the dually hydro it sure is a great machine, i mean it is as well built as any mower on the market stregnth wise and other then losing a few cotter pins off my front caster it has been 100% lights out and cuts and stripes awsome and i dont even use a striping kit!

you might have them on backwards the pin needs to go in from the front ...

shade tree landscaping
08-22-2008, 06:40 PM
great machines overall, I a the bottom of the ladder Super Fox and have not one complaint! Then factor in the price and they are GREAT deal. Any parts and or service is easy to get someone to work on it or just take care of it yourself.

stevenf
08-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Ive read that the turning can be tough on the single hydro Quicks, especially on smaller yards.
For a primary unit, would you recommend the Quick single or a Belt drivin WB?

bigw
08-22-2008, 11:55 PM
you might have them on backwards the pin needs to go in from the front ...

YOU CRACK ME UP THEY CANT GO IN BACKWARDS,THEY GO ON THE CASTER AND SPIN 360 WITH THE WHEEL.

RLLServicesCT
08-23-2008, 12:05 AM
Hmmm... that caster is a bit thin on the better mower.... compared to my lesco its almost half the size. But you said vintage that all you've had problems with?:confused:

bigw
08-23-2008, 12:07 AM
Hmmm... that caster is a bit thin on the better mower.... compared to my lesco its almost half the size. But you said vintage that all you've had problems with?:confused:

YES TRUST ME ITS BUILT LIKE A SHERMAN TANK. I would not hesitate to buy another especially the dually and you cant ask for better service or a better company to deal with they always treat me great when ever i need anything and to be honest my quick stripes better then my 60"

stevenf
08-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Ive read that the turning can be tough on the single hydro Quicks, especially on smaller yards.
For a primary unit, would you recommend the Quick single or a Belt drivin WB?

What about my question BIG?

RLLServicesCT
08-23-2008, 12:56 AM
well steve I have a walk behind belt driven and its okay... Not good on hills but for small back yards its great! The quick might even be better though becuase it weighs like half of a commercial belt drive.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-23-2008, 09:38 AM
What about my question BIG?

ANY QUICK PRODUCT IS BETTER THAN A BELT DRIVE...IMHO

stevenf
08-24-2008, 01:43 AM
ANY QUICK PRODUCT IS BETTER THAN A BELT DRIVE...IMHO

Ive seen most of your responses about Quick and you sound an awful-lot like someone who works for Better. I dont trust your input :laugh:

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Ive seen most of your responses about Quick and you sound an awful-lot like someone who works for Better. I dont trust your input :laugh:

LOL.....well come on up to OHIO and see for yourself.
You don't have to trust me ..you can try them for yourself and then make an educated decision.

coopmaster
08-24-2008, 11:10 PM
I've only had my Quick 36 Samarui for a short time. I works very well on hillls and in tight spots. It seems to be very well built and durable. The people at BOP are very helpful and knowagable. Also the price was right.

deere615
08-24-2008, 11:27 PM
If you are getting a new new you should probably get the dually I like mine and they seem to be built very strong!