PDA

View Full Version : How to estimate bed edging job?

green-pa
08-22-2008, 12:05 AM
I have a residential job I need to do an estimate on tommorow. I'm not sure if she wants just around the front and sides edged or also the back yard's beds. However I think it shouldn't be too difficult a job as it's only probably like 90-120 ft of beds to edge. It may take me a while since it's my first time though and with a shovel only. But how long do u guys think it should take me? Or how much would u charge cause I want to give her a reasonable price? I don't know, it may take me an hour or it may take 2-3 hours to do it really good. I'm not sure as I've nothing to practice on at my place; we've got all curb edging.

bigw
08-22-2008, 12:17 AM
I have a residential job I need to do an estimate on tommorow. I'm not sure if she wants just around the front and sides edged or also the back yard's beds. However I think it shouldn't be too difficult a job as it's only probably like 90-120 ft of beds to edge. It may take me a while since it's my first time though and with a shovel only. But how long do u guys think it should take me? Or how much would u charge cause I want to give her a reasonable price? I don't know, it may take me an hour or it may take 2-3 hours to do it really good. I'm not sure as I've nothing to practice on at my place; we've got all curb edging.

Go rent a brown bed edger for 60$ get the job done in 20-30 mins and charge about a dollar per foot plus rental fee so your at 180.00 or something like this. I personally use a brown bed edger and nothing beats it, it will cut the nicest edge in the quickest time and leave the dirt in powder form in the bed. Now i simply look at what im going to be edging figure my time and quote a price that sounds appropiate but thats me!