PDA

View Full Version : The After Photos of The Tifgreen Lawn.

greendoctor
08-22-2008, 02:49 AM
This is the same scrubby lawn that was full of coarse grasses. After the first pictures were taken. Lawn was fertilized twice two weeks apart with a liquid 30-0-20 + micronutrients. Then it was sprayed once with a MSMA, simazine, Image tank mix. followed by MSMA every 7 days for 2 more applications. It was then fertilized again with a liquid 30-0-20. The pictures were taken 2 weeks after the lawn was fertilized. It is par for the course for me to get lawns in horrid shape. Usually the client wants to either tear out the lawn and install a patio deck over the whole yard or kill and resod. Would you want to put concrete on grass that looks this good?

RAlmaroad
08-22-2008, 04:42 AM
A testament to the knowledge within!!!Beautiful. Roy

greendoctor
08-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Thanks. Thought it was time to do more than talk a good story. Did you see the pictures of the other lawns and landscapes. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=243085&page=3 Also in this series is what the Tifgreen lawn looked like before I came in.

RAlmaroad
08-22-2008, 05:15 AM
Yes, I'd know this was Hawaii. They too, are beautiful. Someone knows how to mow also. Roy

hmartin
08-22-2008, 09:22 PM
Looks wonderful. What is this lawn cut with? About what height?

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Nice. I'd share pix of some of mine, but I'd have to paint the lawns first.

Az Gardener
08-23-2008, 12:10 AM
Too bad it is being cut with a rotary. Tifgreen is made for a reel cut. Still looks more like what I am accustomed to a lawn looking like vs most of the pics posted here. Every time I visit this site I thank the Almighty I m in AZ. :clapping: Good job doc.

greendoctor
08-23-2008, 02:19 AM
It is cut with a rotary. The client cannot afford a yard service that will use a 7 or 10 blade reel on the lawn. It would be either me or the services that use a reel mower on the lawn. Those kind of people cost up to $100 per cut for a 2000 sq ft lawn. I cost $120 per month just to keep the lawn green and weedless. If there were trees and ornamental beds to maintain, a 2000 sq ft are is up to $200 per month. This is a 11/2" inch cut. I told her to instruct the mowing crew to go as low as they can. If this were cut at 2" or 3", I would have nothing to do with this lawn, much less post the pictures. Bermuda and zoysia should be maintained at 1" at the most with a reel mower. If it burns up or is not green at that height, you, the lawn care professional needs to evaluate the fertilization and irrigation.