PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions...

tweezerbeak
08-22-2008, 11:29 AM
what order would you guys do the following .....core topdress overseed...2nd question..infield lip where infield meets grass....1 inch ...less??more???thanks as always.............

Blueflashturf
08-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I would Core then topdress enough to fill in core holes then overseed with pre germinated seed then lightly topdress that should do the trick. the lip on a ball field should be no more than a half inch, but depending on your grass height etc, you may get by with a inch or so

Athletic field
10-27-2008, 07:39 PM
the core, topdress order, I have done it both ways. I'm talking on a natural soil, not sand based. I heard of others topdressing first with mushroom substrait and them coring. The theory is that the soil is heavier and you can mix the two together better? I couldn't tell you which is better, you could argue either way. Seed last. Slit seeders are nice when trying to break up the cores. I would drag the field after seeding regardless of how you seed.

Blueflashturf
10-29-2008, 11:22 PM
well seeing that you have probably already overseeded...how did you do it? what order did you choose? just wonderin...