PDA

View Full Version : Best Overall Weed and Feed ? ?

Lost Pine
08-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Some opinions Please...? What do you think is Lesco's best over all Weed and Feed for the Mid-Atlantic area..? I personally use Momentum....

cod8825
08-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Most here do not use weed and feed most will do fertilizer and weed control as two seperate applications. With broadleaf control being liquid. If I use weed and feed then it is Momentum

RigglePLC
08-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Cod is right. Use liquid for weeds--it works better. I use Lesco Eliminate. Strong. Water clear. No odor. Expensive.

Lost Pine
08-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Cod is right. Use liquid for weeds--it works better. I use Lesco Eliminate. Strong. Water clear. No odor. Expensive.

Hey Riggle, If I wanted to make the conversion to Liquid, where is the best place to find out what to use in place of Granual... my Lesco Dealer ?

RigglePLC
08-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Pine,
Sure your Lesco/JDL dealer is a good place to start. You need a sprayer of course. GAs electric, or a backpack sprayer for starters. Shop around, but if your Lesco dealer is any good he will be able to suggest products for weed control. They mainly sell: Threeway, Threeway Ester II, Momentum, and Eliminate. I don't like the ester anymore--it smells strong--customers get frightened--but it does not work much better than Threeway. I always use the maximum rate. Three way is a good choice to start with.