PDA

View Full Version : it just looks so nice when it's new

mrsops
08-22-2008, 05:14 PM
2008 bobcat t190 forget to take a pic of the new instrument panel will post it tomorrow..

JDSKIDSTEER
08-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Don't be gettin it scratched and dirty now.

mrsops
08-22-2008, 05:21 PM
few more pics

mrsops
08-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Don't be gettin it scratched and dirty now.

i try i try

Junior M
08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
ok thanks mrsops for posting pics of my under the table t190 buy.... so you can just leave it in the drive way with the keys under the floor mat on the front porch...

hahahaha nice machine... thats exactly what i want except with wide tracks and no bumper thingy...

bobcat_ron
08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
That's a rather interesting attachment on the trailer, is that a sifter?

mrsops
08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
ok thanks mrsops for posting pics of my under the table t190 buy.... so you can just leave it in the drive way with the keys under the floor mat on the front porch...

hahahaha nice machine... thats exactly what i want except with wide tracks and no bumper thingy...

no keys jlm put ill give you the code :laugh:..

mrsops
08-22-2008, 06:37 PM
That's a rather interesting attachment on the trailer, is that a sifter?

sure is ron if you look at the piles in the backround i sifted all that grass and dirt

bobcat_ron
08-22-2008, 06:37 PM
That's neat, I've never seen that. I'll add that idea to my list of welding projects.

mrsops
08-22-2008, 06:39 PM
That's neat, I've never seen that. I'll add that idea to my list of welding projects.

they sell them ron but i think it was like $1300 it cost me half the price to have my guy do it

Junior M
08-22-2008, 06:39 PM
no keys jlm put ill give you the code :laugh:..
you didnt have to add that option to my order but that was nice of you.. thanks.. so when you drop it off in the drive you could take the decals off to and maybe leave the truck and trailer (no decals) to... haha btw nice machine..

iron peddler
08-22-2008, 09:45 PM
don't let Gravel Rat see these pics...it will prove his theory of no work and that dinosaurs died from sun expousure all wrong!!!!

mrsops
08-22-2008, 09:46 PM
don't let Gravel Rat see these pics...it will prove his theory of no work and that dinosaurs died from sun expousure all wrong!!!!

WTF :laugh::laugh:

CarterKraft
08-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Man even though your fleet is not my favorite color, your rigs and machines look good!

I am kinda weird for that kind of stuff but when you have got decals that took the girl at the sign shop more than 2 seconds, little pieces of chrome here and there nicely painted trailers etc. I will hire you way before the others.

Trucks, machines etc. that are well maintained, have nice signage etc show PRIDE, a very important trait in my book.

"Clapping"

Gravel Rat
08-22-2008, 11:10 PM
I wish there was landscaping work like mrsops is doing but any of that kind of work is done by hand. There is very little work for a skid steer if there is a homeowner rents one. Landscapers move yards of material with wheelbarrows or 5 gallon buckets. With 90% of the houses you can't get a skid steer around a house because of the terrian even a CTL/MTL can't go where wheelbarrows and planks can go.

mrsops
08-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Man even though your fleet is not my favorite color, your rigs and machines look good!

I am kinda weird for that kind of stuff but when you have got decals that took the girl at the sign shop more than 2 seconds, little pieces of chrome here and there nicely painted trailers etc. I will hire you way before the others.

Trucks, machines etc. that are well maintained, have nice signage etc show PRIDE, a very important trait in my book.

"Clapping"

why thank you carter

Junior M
08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
I wish there was landscaping work like mrsops is doing but any of that kind of work is done by hand. There is very little work for a skid steer if there is a homeowner rents one. Landscapers move yards of material with wheelbarrows or 5 gallon buckets. With 90% of the houses you can't get a skid steer around a house because of the terrian even a CTL/MTL can't go where wheelbarrows and planks can go.
ahhhhhh here we go....

why cant they use a walkbehind... i have been able to get a walkbehind uphills that we couldnt get a 190 up..(big slippery rock that was buried didnt help it any)

Gravel Rat
08-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Like I said your using 2x10 or 2x12 planks to make ramps to get around the house. If you can't use a wheelbarrow then its buckets one in each hand. There was jobs I worked on when I was younger you dug 12 yards of material out of a area by hand using a shovel and mattock and wheelbarrow.

Some jobs now that mini excavators are more common you bring in a crane truck lift the excavator into the area over the house or behind the house.

Why do you think I got out of landscaping I got tired of back breaking slave labour.

Junior M
08-22-2008, 11:33 PM
Like I said your using 2x10 or 2x12 planks to make ramps to get around the house. If you can't use a wheelbarrow then its buckets one in each hand. There was jobs I worked on when I was younger you dug 12 yards of material out of a area by hand using a shovel and mattock and wheelbarrow.

Some jobs now that mini excavators are more common you bring in a crane truck lift the excavator into the area over the house or behind the house.

Why do you think I got out of landscaping I got tired of back breaking slave labour.
I am sure if you can get a wheelbarrow there you can get a walkbehind in there... sounds like some of these landscapers may need to update....

Gravel Rat
08-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Trust me you can't get a walk behind or any motorized wheelbarrow around most house sites. A wheelbarrow can be tough you only fill it 1/4 full so you can control it. Or your dealing with stairs which I hate you have to carry the material down in buckets. One of my jobs I had to move about a yard of material down a hill side. I built a zip line using a steel cable from a tree on the top of the hill and one at the bottom. Used a clothes line pulley hung a 5 gallon bucket from it lowered all the material down the hill. It was a pain but atleast I wasn't packing buckets of dirt down stairs carved into the bank.

On my clean up jobs I have had to move 4000lbs worth of junk up to my truck walking up a garden path and sets of stairs.

Junior M
08-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Trust me you can't get a walk behind or any motorized wheelbarrow around most house sites. A wheelbarrow can be tough you only fill it 1/4 full so you can control it. Or your dealing with stairs which I hate you have to carry the material down in buckets. One of my jobs I had to move about a yard of material down a hill side. I built a zip line using a steel cable from a tree on the top of the hill and one at the bottom. Used a clothes line pulley hung a 5 gallon bucket from it lowered all the material down the hill. It was a pain but atleast I wasn't packing buckets of dirt down stairs carved into the bank.

On my clean up jobs I have had to move 4000lbs worth of junk up to my truck walking up a garden path and sets of stairs.
It sounds like you need to move some where else with all the stuff you talk about that makes working there bad... (i didnt want to say complaining your just ranting)

YardPro
08-23-2008, 07:23 AM
gravel rat...

you NEVER post anything positive.....

you should either move or get on prozac....

Lawnworks
08-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Isn't zedioux from Canada... and he is making a killing. Maybe you should look in the mirror gravel rat.

Gravel Rat
08-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Nothing too postive to say when your working for whine azz homeowners h*ll I had some people time me with a stop watch so they don't figure they are being over charged. Getting paid from some of these people is a real pain asking for discounts or trying to cut my rates down.

I don't go for that crap you pay what I charge if you don't like it hire somebody else. If the person starts squeeling on the phone I tell them find somebody else. I can stand the out of town people that buy here and start thinking they can pay what they want to pay.

Do I get a little snarly you bet I don't put up with any B.S. I tell them what it involves and what it costs. My jobs are all cash I already pay enough income tax to the frigging gov't.

I'am the only disposal contractor in the area that provides the service I do. I gave all my landcaping jobs to a friend he can have them and if people ask for a landscaper I give them his name. He can have all the stress dealing with complaining homeowners. The jobs he takes on is the same work I was doing but he has a crew of employees I did it solo. It is all back busting slave labour. Some of these places you can't get your truck into so your packing tools etc down a goat trail path to the house.

Do I need medicine "NO" do I get sick of cheap people "YES" . I look at jobs and they require a machine but the stupid homeowner wants to do it by hand. Only if it absolutely has to be done with a machine a home owner insists it has to be done by hand. I have walked off jobs and said to the homeowner this is redicoulous they end up doing themselves by hand because they are too Freaking Cheap to hire a contractor with a mini.

I have had to go to the chiropractor after some of the jobs I have done.

Skid steer services get very little work around here because people are too much of a tight wad with money. Mini excavators get some work because landscapers etc don't do back busting hand digging anymore.

The pictures of the landscaping jobs you guys do are a cake walk to what we have to do in rural West Coast of B.C. . Most places a tandem axle dump truck has a heck of a time delivering material.

Some places in front of houses or their front yard you need a safety rope around your waist to work on the slope. Some places you slip and fall your going to be breaking some bones.

Just the way it is if you want to be landscaper around here moving material in 5 gallon pails and using a shovel,mattock and bar to excavate with.

bobcat_ron
08-23-2008, 05:17 PM
What's a "mattock"?

Gravel Rat
08-23-2008, 05:41 PM
I can't say the slang for it but this is what it is :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattock

I have spent many hours using a mattock digging out 6 yards of material or leveling a area out by hand.

bobcat_ron
08-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Cool, I learned something new today!

Gravel Rat
08-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Cool, I learned something new today!

So it means you never used one :laugh:

Some days my hands and back were so sore from using a mattock all day it was painfull.

bobcat_ron
08-23-2008, 09:21 PM
So it means you never used one :laugh:

Some days my hands and back were so sore from using a mattock all day it was painfull.

I've got a shovel with a built in cup holder and plug in for my cell phone.

Gravel Rat
08-23-2008, 09:28 PM
I was not so lucky :cry:

Actually a mattock can dig pretty well when your working in a area that has to be hand dug. Digging trenches or digging holes for footings ect.

Junior M
08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
you have been doin dirt work this long and you didnt know what a mattocks was?

wow! can we say your dufus!! hahaha that almost doesnt seem believeable but from you i would believe it...

bobcat_ron
08-23-2008, 10:13 PM
you have been doin dirt work this long and you didnt know what a mattocks was?

wow! can we say your dufus!! hahaha that almost doesnt seem believeable but from you i would believe it...

Well if you knew anything about our corner of the worlkd, you would know that we don't use those types of tools here, just shovels, pick axes and rakes, our soil is sediment based here.

But then again you are probably to young and under-educated to even bother to Google the name "Abbotsford"/"Abbistan" into your browser bar and explore our little city, or even to use Google Earth to look at the various types of terrain. If you even bothered to put that little bit of effort into a little bit of research about a person's geography, I wouldn't call you a "dufus".

Boo-yah.

Burn.

Junior M
08-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Well if you knew anything about our corner of the worlkd, you would know that we don't use those types of tools here, just shovels, pick axes and rakes, our soil is sediment based here.

But then again you are probably to young and under-educated to even bother to Google the name "Abbotsford"/"Abbistan" into your browser bar and explore our little city, or even to use Google Earth to look at the various types of terrain. If you even bothered to put that little bit of effort into a little bit of research about a person's geography, I wouldn't call you a "dufus".

Boo-yah.

Burn.
hahahaha that made me laugh!!

haha well if you took some time to look at elgin and its area we dont have hard soil either and a mattocks usually works better than a pick axe so there isnt much difference and yeah you are still a dufus!! hahahaha just messing with you!! hahahaha

grassmanvt
08-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Nothing too postive to say when your working for whine azz homeowners h*ll I had some people time me with a stop watch so they don't figure they are being over charged. Getting paid from some of these people is a real pain asking for discounts or trying to cut my rates down.

I don't go for that crap you pay what I charge if you don't like it hire somebody else. If the person starts squeeling on the phone I tell them find somebody else. I can stand the out of town people that buy here and start thinking they can pay what they want to pay.

Do I get a little snarly you bet I don't put up with any B.S. I tell them what it involves and what it costs. My jobs are all cash I already pay enough income tax to the frigging gov't.

I'am the only disposal contractor in the area that provides the service I do. I gave all my landcaping jobs to a friend he can have them and if people ask for a landscaper I give them his name. He can have all the stress dealing with complaining homeowners. The jobs he takes on is the same work I was doing but he has a crew of employees I did it solo. It is all back busting slave labour. Some of these places you can't get your truck into so your packing tools etc down a goat trail path to the house.

Do I need medicine "NO" do I get sick of cheap people "YES" . I look at jobs and they require a machine but the stupid homeowner wants to do it by hand. Only if it absolutely has to be done with a machine a home owner insists it has to be done by hand. I have walked off jobs and said to the homeowner this is redicoulous they end up doing themselves by hand because they are too Freaking Cheap to hire a contractor with a mini.

I have had to go to the chiropractor after some of the jobs I have done.

Skid steer services get very little work around here because people are too much of a tight wad with money. Mini excavators get some work because landscapers etc don't do back busting hand digging anymore.

The pictures of the landscaping jobs you guys do are a cake walk to what we have to do in rural West Coast of B.C. . Most places a tandem axle dump truck has a heck of a time delivering material.

Some places in front of houses or their front yard you need a safety rope around your waist to work on the slope. Some places you slip and fall your going to be breaking some bones.

Just the way it is if you want to be landscaper around here moving material in 5 gallon pails and using a shovel,mattock and bar to excavate with.

For a guy that knows everything you sure don't seem to do much.

Gravel Rat
08-25-2008, 11:41 PM
For a guy that knows everything you sure don't seem to do much.

Why should I now I have a gauranteed income even if the province goes into a recession I will be working. I don't make as much money as I would in construction but with construction slowing down to a crawl there will be lots of guys unemployeed during the winter and untill next summer.

Every old timer I worked for said get get out of construction and get a job with the gov't or a municipality. I can't count how many people told me that. All these people have gone through quite a few depressions where the times were tough and food stamps etc.

Right now the B.C. gov't has one track mind which is spend billions of dollars worth of tax dollars on th 2010 Olympics that will last 2 weeks and put the province in debt for decades. The olypics will be so expensive the average person won't beable to afford to buy tickets to watch the events.

The forest industry in B.C. is dying its the largest job market and brings in trillions of tax dollars but the gov't doesn't care. Logging companies that have been in business since 1950s gone out of business. The B.C. gov't is over taxing business and residents of B.C. . There is a freaking tax on everything. The politicans gave themselves a 40% raise this year so they are making 300,000 dollars a year and work 6 months of it :rolleyes:

B.C. isn't pro business the gov't offers no incentives all they want is the tax money.

Now the B.C. gov't wants to import more immigrants from other countrys to fill trades jobs. NOooo can't train the young people born and raised in B.C. or Canada. So they import skilled immigrants to take jobs of Canadians.

No companies want to train people because training people cost money they want skilled people that make them money. Its all about PURE GREED its all me me me screw everybody else.

Its why I say B.C. needs a good recession it should get down to the food stamp stage. Let everybody go broke and start all over.

JDSKIDSTEER
08-26-2008, 06:34 AM
Why should I now I have a gauranteed income even if the province goes into a recession I will be working. I don't make as much money as I would in construction but with construction slowing down to a crawl there will be lots of guys unemployeed during the winter and untill next summer.

Every old timer I worked for said get get out of construction and get a job with the gov't or a municipality. I can't count how many people told me that. All these people have gone through quite a few depressions where the times were tough and food stamps etc.

Right now the B.C. gov't has one track mind which is spend billions of dollars worth of tax dollars on th 2010 Olympics that will last 2 weeks and put the province in debt for decades. The olypics will be so expensive the average person won't beable to afford to buy tickets to watch the events.

The forest industry in B.C. is dying its the largest job market and brings in trillions of tax dollars but the gov't doesn't care. Logging companies that have been in business since 1950s gone out of business. The B.C. gov't is over taxing business and residents of B.C. . There is a freaking tax on everything. The politicans gave themselves a 40% raise this year so they are making 300,000 dollars a year and work 6 months of it :rolleyes:

B.C. isn't pro business the gov't offers no incentives all they want is the tax money.

Now the B.C. gov't wants to import more immigrants from other countrys to fill trades jobs. NOooo can't train the young people born and raised in B.C. or Canada. So they import skilled immigrants to take jobs of Canadians.

No companies want to train people because training people cost money they want skilled people that make them money. Its all about PURE GREED its all me me me screw everybody else.

Its why I say B.C. needs a good recession it should get down to the food stamp stage. Let everybody go broke and start all over.
Man, You would make a good Democrat.

TAF
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Grovel Rot,

When I see you have commented on a thread, I hit the back button.

Personally I am buried in work and don't have much time to be here at all.

If your happy where your at and with your "Goverment Job" great. You sure would'nt fit in with my crew with your outlook.

Many here seem to be doing well and all seem to share a common thing.....................A Positve attitude.

Gotta go I have work to do..............................

bobcat_ron
08-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Grovel Rot,

When I see you have commented on a thread, I hit the back button.

Personally I am buried in work and don't have much time to be here at all.

If your happy where your at and with your "Goverment Job" great. You sure would'nt fit in with my crew with your outlook.

Many here seem to be doing well and all seem to share a common thing.....................A Positve attitude.

Gotta go I have work to do..............................

That almost sounded kinda poetic!

freddyc
08-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Gravel Rat.... because we aren't from ypur area, please post some pictures of the type of terrain you're working in... a pic is worth a thousand words!

bobcat_ron
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Gravel Rat.... because we aren't from ypur area, please post some pictures of the type of terrain you're working in... a pic is worth a thousand words!

His terrain is dry and desolate, it's totally him, but it's a beautiful place to be when it's not hotter than hell or colder than a witch's arm pit.

Gravel Rat
08-26-2008, 11:26 PM
I'am not not in the Okanagan area I'am on the coast/north island area.

I had some pictures but I deleted them from my puter. I'am not a exhibitionist like Ron I don't carry a camera, still or video with me.

The thing I don't like about my job is it is poverty wages a annual income of 39 grand a year and the gov't takes 11 grand in taxes. A 21.80 dollar per hour job nowwadays is welfare wages I will get a raise and it should be up to 22 per hour. Not much you can do about taxes the gov't takes 50% of your pay check like it or not. Then your paying tax on everything you buy, fuel taxes are out rageous.

Most company attitudes to employees is getting worse. The way I'am treated is no different in most private companies. Your just a number so put up shut up and get to work talk back you get yelled at.

Just the way it goes you go to work put in time then go home.

grassmanvt
08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
Just the way it goes you go to work put in time then go home.

And with that attitude its hard to get ahead, its not about what you do its how you do it and what you put in it. Employers can and do notice those who "put in time" and those who make it happen. Just saying whoa is me and giving reasons why everything is crap and how everyone is against you changes nothing. We've all had days like that, when its a lifestyle its a problem. Can't believe I still reply to these pointless posts of yours.

Gravel Rat
08-27-2008, 12:22 AM
The employer I work for doesn't care who you are your just a pee-on all your to do is make the company money. Most larger employers are like that now.

I can gaurantee you most employees don't give a crap anymore if the employer treats you like crap they will get it back. Why do you think thousands of people moved to Alberta when the oil business took off. In alberta your making way more per hour than in B.C. and out in Alberta the employer/employee relationship is much better. Your paid a decent wage and treated like a human being.

CAT powered
08-27-2008, 12:25 AM
Wait... Don't you work for the government?

Gravel Rat
08-27-2008, 12:44 AM
The gov't is no different than the private companies your still treated like a second class citizen.

The words like " Your Doing a Good Job " or " Thank You " doesn't exist in their vocabulary.

CAT powered
08-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Canadian government employees must be different from US government employees.

An 8 hour a day government job consists of 1 hour work. 2 hours ball scratching and 5 hours trying to avoid doing work.

I run material out of a transfer station that is local to here and the guys that drive all their 6 wheel International dumps sit down in back out of sight from 1:00 to 3:00 not doing anything other than being in my way.

The other day one of the jerks parked between my material pile and my truck making it literally impossible for me to get by so i put my loader tire against his truck and pushed. He didn't get the picture so I threw 3 yards of material into his truck. He came storming out of his truck all pissy at me so I told him to get the hell out of my way unlike him I get paid for ACTUALLY doing work. He dumped the material out of his truck and got out of my way. Haven't had an issue with that specific driver since.

Gravel Rat
08-27-2008, 01:13 AM
The gov't has managers that keep a eye on things if you dog it or don't do your job your in trouble. You never know who is watching and the managers can be power trippers. There is so much paper work that is filled out now to take the blame off the gov't and puts it on the employee. So if something goes Awall the gov't says oh he is trained and certified its his fault :cry:

People think oh you got a cushy job I say I will trade you. You want job related stress.

Every penny spent has to be accounted for. The B.C. gov't trips over ten dollar bills to pick up 10 cent coins.

I'am at the point I have selective hearing when it comes to the managers above me. Why bother even fighting and arguing with them I have had enough of the sleepless nights and stress related problems.

bobcatuser
08-27-2008, 01:48 AM

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/business/story.html?id=ba4fdff9-d8b2-4b91-828c-735fbe5f2d93

I think this newspaper article sounded familiar. Am I correct.

Some of the new developments.
http://www.ownoceanfront.com/
http://penderharbourlanding.com/

YellowDogSVC
08-27-2008, 09:19 AM
I'am not not in the Okanagan area I'am on the coast/north island area.

I had some pictures but I deleted them from my puter. I'am not a exhibitionist like Ron I don't carry a camera, still or video with me.

The thing I don't like about my job is it is poverty wages a annual income of 39 grand a year and the gov't takes 11 grand in taxes. A 21.80 dollar per hour job nowwadays is welfare wages I will get a raise and it should be up to 22 per hour. Not much you can do about taxes the gov't takes 50% of your pay check like it or not. Then your paying tax on everything you buy, fuel taxes are out rageous.

How many people live off that wage? If you had a "total money makeover" I bet you could get ahead on that income. Just takes a tight budget and some planning.

Gravel Rat
08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Just me that lives off of that wage my truck payment eats a good chunk of that the payments are 760 a month my insurance is 120 or so month, fuel is 400 or more a month.

I was hoping the landscaping work would have improved but it really hasn't so the work for the truck hasn't panned out as well as I wanted.

I have to keep driving the truck you can't let 6.0 PSDs sit or you have problem with them. The price of trucks has dropped so bad I will never get the money back out of it. Besides the truck has 84,000kms (52,000 miles) on it and runs good.

If the highways maintenance contractor wasn't so bad to work for I would be there. I tried getting a job with the parks dept I was bumped and a friend of the hiring manager got the job :rolleyes:

The east coast of Canada is supposed to be in the start of a boom with the oil business starting out there.

mrusk
08-27-2008, 09:20 PM
LOL I love it when GR complaints about the stress from his govt job.

kreft
08-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Do you guys still have the other T-190?

bobcat_ron
08-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Those damn PSD's, I know all to often about letting mine sit, just tromping on the throttle isn't enough to clear out the problem.

If you are looking for nice work, I can sweet talk my people on the Ditching crew to hire you for all the small jobs coming up this Fall, I already have a ditch bucket for the ZX75 being made up now, there's lots of work that can't be touched with a tandem, and the Parks Department won't let us use their 4x4 trucks anymore. (oh gee, I wonder why?!)