PDA

View Full Version : My Cat sales rep just called!!

ccstrebe
08-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Another dealer is letting my dealer have their order slot to build my machine. My delivery date just got moved up by two weeks :clapping::clapping::clapping:

bobcat_ron
08-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Christmas is coming early!

ccstrebe
08-22-2008, 08:34 PM
What makes this really good news is that our season opener at our track is the first weekend in Oct. and with the old delivery date I would have had to get the track ready with that pos Case, and I didn't want to have to touch that machine again. Now I won't have to.

I spent two days detailing that Case last month to make it all pretty just to get a lousey 24 grand trade in out of it and I didn't want to have to get it all dirty again before I turned it over to the Cat dealer.

bobcat_ron
08-22-2008, 08:36 PM
I'll look for the 450CT on CatUsed.com next month, it's going to be joining the ranks of my T190 and other fellow boat anchors.

mrsops
08-22-2008, 10:18 PM
What makes this really good news is that our season opener at our track is the first weekend in Oct. and with the old delivery date I would have had to get the track ready with that pos Case, and I didn't want to have to touch that machine again. Now I won't have to.

I spent two days detailing that Case last month to make it all pretty just to get a lousey 24 grand trade in out of it and I didn't want to have to get it all dirty again before I turned it over to the Cat dealer.

did you buy a new cat ctl?

bobcat_ron
08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
did you buy a new cat ctl?

MTL, not the CTL.

mrsops
08-22-2008, 10:23 PM
MTL, not the CTL.

he didnt like the case ron?

bobcat_ron
08-22-2008, 10:31 PM
he didnt like the case ron?

Nope, Cat was the Caddy.

mrsops
08-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Nope, Cat was the Caddy.

but i thought case had the best ct machine out there :laugh::laugh:

ccstrebe
08-22-2008, 10:51 PM
but i thought case had the best ct machine out there :laugh::laugh:

Case was the best CT now Cat will have the best CT by far.

mrsops
08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Case was the best CT now Cat will have the best CT by far.

what did you like better about the 297 then you did the case 450

ccstrebe
08-22-2008, 11:21 PM
what did you like better about the 297 then you did the case 450

It's not so much about what I liked better between the 450 and the 297, it's all about the differences between an MTL and a CT. The fact that the Cat cab and engine compartment are far more superior and accessable is just a huge bonus for me!!

I will admit though, since the 450 is now in it's 2nd generation and if the Cat didn't have the ability to have Case controls I would have gone with the new Case, but I would have been suffering in silence.

ksss
08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
It's not so much about what I liked better between the 450 and the 297, it's all about the differences between an MTL and a CT. The fact that the Cat cab and engine compartment are far more superior and accessable is just a huge bonus for me!!

I will admit though, since the 450 is now in it's 2nd generation and if the Cat didn't have the ability to have Case controls I would have gone with the new Case, but I would have been suffering in silence.

I swore to myself, I would just keep my mouth/key board quiet on this. However, the ******ed comments keep coming forcing me to break my own promise. Cat man you never ran the second generation 450, suffered in silence? You must be psychic. Again I will agree that the new CAT cab (even though it apparently has some of its own issues) it is better than the cab on your current 450 by a long shot. I have the same cab I know the issues, the B series CAT cab is no better. Compare the Series 3 cab to the C series cab, that is a fair comparison. Everyone has certain issues that are more important than others. I am with you on cab comfort. Power and performance are big with me. I must confess though, your hang up with the engine compartment bewilders me. You put 300 hours on your machine in 2 years, how can it be an issue? You could padlock the engine compartment for as much as you need to get to it. Oh Ya the not paying attention and running it out of fuel and then unnecessarily cracking the injector lines to bleed it, nothing like not knowing any better. I cant forget the inability to lift the cab on a slope and blaming CASE because you don't have enough lead in your ass or didn't think to get someone to help you. The cabs are heavy, they ALL are heavy. I have yet to hear any info about the performance differences between the two. Don't know yet I am sure. The comment reference CASE was the best CT and now CAT is the best. Interesting since the only difference is you have now bought a CAT, the perspective has changed. Ok I am back quiet.:rolleyes:

Junior M
08-23-2008, 10:44 PM
I swore to myself, I would just keep my mouth/key board quiet on this. However, the ******ed comments keep coming forcing me to break my own promise. Cat man you never ran the second generation 450, suffered in silence? You must be psychic. Again I will agree that the new CAT cab (even though it apparently has some of its own issues) it is better than the cab on your current 450 by a long shot. I have the same cab I know the issues, the B series CAT cab is no better. Compare the Series 3 cab to the C series cab, that is a fair comparison. Everyone has certain issues that are more important than others. I am with you on cab comfort. Power and performance are big with me. I must confess though, your hang up with the engine compartment bewilders me. You put 300 hours on your machine in 2 years, how can it be an issue? You could padlock the engine compartment for as much as you need to get to it. Oh Ya the not paying attention and running it out of fuel and then unnecessarily cracking the injector lines to bleed it, nothing like not knowing any better. I cant forget the inability to lift the cab on a slope and blaming CASE because you don't have enough lead in your ass or didn't think to get someone to help you. The cabs are heavy, they ALL are heavy. I have yet to hear any info about the performance differences between the two. Don't know yet I am sure. The comment reference CASE was the best CT and now CAT is the best. Interesting since the only difference is you have now bought a CAT, the perspective has changed. Ok I am back quiet.:rolleyes:
I had no clue you knew words that big! i never thought you had that much learnin! hahaha

sorry senior you left yourself open on that one....

ksss
08-23-2008, 10:50 PM
I had no clue you knew words that big! i never thought you had that much learnin! hahaha

sorry senior you left yourself open on that one....

Ha, well Jr. if you keep on that short school bus every mornin you'll never learn um. You might not anyway given your geographical limitations and all.

Junior M
08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Ha, well Jr. if you keep on that short school bus every mornin you'll never learn um. You might not anyway given your geographical limitations and all.
geographical limitations? wtf is that? I am so freakn confused! I leave SC every year ok! so dont start this crap oh you are so slow!! haha and you never got off the short bus and your four hundre--- i mean fourty it still picks you up and takes you to the job or office every morning...

ksss
08-23-2008, 11:07 PM
geographical limitations? wtf is that? I am so freakn confused! I leave SC every year ok! so dont start this crap oh you are so slow!! haha and you never got off the short bus and your four hundre--- i mean fourty it still picks you up and takes you to the job or office every morning...

I wish that were true, it would be cheaper on fuel. The conversations with the other passengers not very intellectually challenging but hey a free trip to the office.

Jr. the next time you write WTF your goin to be in time out. Also going to NC from SC is not leaving the area. It takes more than a State line to address those issues. Your scaring me on this "I am so confused" thing. Listen, you cant date you cousin, I know its common practice there but still......it aint right. What if you get a divorce? Then what?

bobcat_ron
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Remember the movie "Dumb and Dumber-er, when Harry met Loyld"", that "special bus" they rode in reminds me of the type of bus JLM335 must ride in every day to school.

AWJ Services
08-23-2008, 11:19 PM
Yep all you guys are fighting over an efficiency apartment for a cab when you could own a warehouse with Takeuchi.:hammerhead:

Oh by the way JLM

Driving a Bobcat is like dating your Cousin.

It feels good till you get caught!:)

bobcat_ron
08-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Ooooh, snap and a head twist!

CAT powered
08-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Dating your cousin IS normal in South Carolina though...

bobcat_ron
08-23-2008, 11:25 PM
So I guess dating your sister/brother is for the North then?

CAT powered
08-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Haha. No. We go for second cousins here.:rolleyes:

Junior M
08-23-2008, 11:50 PM
I wish that were true, it would be cheaper on fuel. The conversations with the other passengers not very intellectually challenging but hey a free trip to the office.

Jr. the next time you write WTF your goin to be in time out. Also going to NC from SC is not leaving the area. It takes more than a State line to address those issues. Your scaring me on this "I am so confused" thing. Listen, you cant date you cousin, I know its common practice there but still......it aint right. What if you get a divorce? Then what?
for one i go over like six state lines!! I got to ohio like three times a year!!

and i dont date my cousin only people from west virginia and ahem idaho..

and why dont you go to time out!! hahahahahahahahaha

on a serious note all the jokes people are making are hilarious! and gave me a good laugh and that is what i really like about this forum you can go and joke around (no matter how wrong,,, KSSS!!) with people and not get banned or have it deleted..

Junior M
08-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Remember the movie "Dumb and Dumber-er, when Harry met Loyld"", that "special bus" they rode in reminds me of the type of bus JLM335 must ride in every day to school.
the only way i could ride in that RON was if i stole it from you!!

Gravel Rat
08-24-2008, 12:03 AM
I can see this thread getting locked :laugh:

Junior M
08-24-2008, 12:16 AM
nah i dont think so.. its just humor.. i hope?

Gravel Rat
08-24-2008, 12:31 AM
If this was HEF you guys would be Banned like Ronald and I :laugh:

ccstrebe
08-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Cat man you never ran the second generation 450, suffered in silence? You must be psychic.

Obviously KSSS, you are so blinded by my opinions (and that's all they are, just opinions) that you are not even trying to understand what I am trying to say. What I mean by 'suffering in silence' was refering to the ridgid ride of a CTL over that of an MTL.

I must confess though, your hang up with the engine compartment bewilders me. You put 300 hours on your machine in 2 years, how can it be an issue?

So what, I ran out of fuel a few times, one time on an incline, so sue me. That fact remains, the Cat engine compartment is so well thought out and engineered that it is hard for me to ignore, weather I need to be in the engine compartment or not.

I have yet to hear any info about the performance differences between the two. Don't know yet I am sure.

I will let you all know about the performance differences when I get the machine. Of course the differences will be how I use the machine and what my specific needs are, not how you may use a machine. I will be the first to say, An MTL is not for everybody. And obviously not for you.

The comment reference CASE was the best CT and now CAT is the best. Interesting since the only difference is you have now bought a CAT, the perspective has changed.

Again, the facts remain, Cat has a better cab, the Case cab is still not sealed. Also, a couple other cab features on the Cat I forgot to mention in my other posts that I really like was the location of the throttle, the separate adjustable arm rests that pivot up to the side, and the air ride seat. Again, these are hard for me to ignore.

Also, the Cat CTL has the torsion suspenion so it will always ride better than the Case.

Cat man

Thanks for the nickname, I like it, I think I'll keep it.

Junior M
08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
your banned too gr? hahahaha I saw ron on there one day with his "secret" name.. hahahah i went and saw it later it said banned to! hahahahaha

qps
08-24-2008, 11:15 AM

Thanks bro for taking the heat off of me:laugh:

stuvecorp
08-24-2008, 01:01 PM

I know we all believe the brand we run is the ticket, it just gets alittle lame to hear how great the Kool-Aid is...

ccstrebe
08-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I cant forget the inability to lift the cab on a slope and blaming CASE because you don't have enough lead in your ass or didn't think to get someone to help you. The cabs are heavy, they ALL are heavy.

After a little reflection on the cab and the slope incident I finally remembered that I didn't run out of fuel. What the problem was, was this:

I was traversing forward, down a short steep slope and the machine stopped dead in its tracks with the engine running. I couldn't figure out what was going on so I lift the cab ( a Case plus, no tools needed) and figured out that it was the dead man switch on the cab. the switch worked fine but it came from the factory adjusted to the max and still wasn't engaging properly. So by going down the incline it relived enough weight of the cab off of the switch that it disengaged. This also explained why at other times for no unexplained reasons the machine would just stop dead in its tracks and after I raised the cab and put it back down it would go again.

So anyway, I figured I could put a shim between the frame and the switch plunger and keep on going but the problem was, one man could not push that cab back on an incline and there was no one around to ask to help. I had to go home early and bring someone back the next day to help close the cab. I was upset to say the least.

I wound up permanently gluing a 1/8" thick aluminum shim to activate the plunger.

ksss
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks bro for taking the heat off of me:laugh:

Ha ha...anytime. Always need a little drama here on Lawnsite.

ksss
08-24-2008, 04:54 PM

That is true, there is more leeway here, but I think at least the humor is in good fun and not in anyway meant to be vindictive. Some of the other sites on here have had issues like the hardscaping forum I believe. Except for Jr. we are adults, and we can have an arguement or a "heated discussion" and still be professional about it.

RockSet N' Grade
08-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Is this when we have that group hug with she-shovel in the middle?

stuvecorp
08-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Is this when we have that group hug with she-shovel in the middle?

I know I haven't been here that long but have heard you mention that once before? Do I what to know?

I do like the leeway and the way threads sort of wander around, makes it interesting.

jefftb
08-24-2008, 08:30 PM
That is true, there is more leeway here, but I think at least the humor is in good fun and not in anyway meant to be vindictive. Some of the other sites on here have had issues like the hardscaping forum I believe. Except for Jr. we are adults, and we can have an arguement or a "heated discussion" and still be professional about it.

Agreed, there are many brand loyal owner/operators here and the discussion can be hard at times but still professional. I guess that's because we are here to learn about other's experience(s) and knowledge-more knowledge helps make better decisions. That only comes from operating equipment and owning a business that "runs" equipment.

Good natured "ribbing" keeps life moving forward-good Lord knows I can rib my employees & subs and they can me back-experience/age/maturity defines the line for most of where you cross the divide.

Now, if you are the CAT dealer hammering me because I own Komatsu-that's always over the line:nono:

ksss
08-24-2008, 09:51 PM
I know I haven't been here that long but have heard you mention that once before? Do I what to know?

I do like the leeway and the way threads sort of wander around, makes it interesting.

She-Shovel is Rocks fantasy girl (if it is even a girl, I don't think we know). She posts on here very infrequently, I see (her) posts more on the landscape forums. Rock is infatuated with the possiblility and she has a killer forum handle.