PDA

View Full Version : New Landscaping Job..What Do You Think Of This Estimate?

Kennedy Landscaping
08-23-2008, 12:22 AM
This is a landscaping job that I went over tonight to look at and told them I would go back to the office and get them and estimate. The guy is a good friend so I'm pretty much only charging labor for the job. For now we are only doing the front. Next year probably we will be installing about a 50' Bed with a water feature and all that good stuff. This is my first fairly big estimate so any suggestions would be helpful. I need to submit this to him tomorrow while mowing the lawn.

Prep Area-30.00
Install Weed Liner-20.00
Install Edging-50.00
Install Plantings-35.00
Install River Gravel-45.00
Install Two Trees-130.00
Pick Up Of Materials-55.00

All Prices are providing the customer purchases materials.

Tyler7692
08-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Well, considering you have no pictures and didn't mention any specifics, how is anyone going to be able to tell you about the price?

How many installed plantings, how much gravel, what kind/how much edging, ect.....

Kennedy Landscaping
08-23-2008, 12:49 AM
I am going to be on the property tomorrow and will take some pictures then. As far as plantings go there will be two Mini Pine Trees (not sure of the name) and probably five or six mums for the fall

PSUturf
08-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Is it 10 feet of edging or 80 feet?
Is it 1 ton of gravel or 6?

JimLewis
08-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Prep Area-30.00
Install Weed Liner-20.00
Install Edging-50.00
Install Plantings-35.00
Install River Gravel-45.00
Install Two Trees-130.00
Pick Up Of Materials-55.00

Well, for anyone to help you on this, we would need a LOT more specifics. Photos help but more important would be quantities, sizes, etc.

Prep. area? How big of an area? What kind of prep.? Weeding, soil amendments? Tilling?

Weed liner? We'd normally called that "weed barrier fabric" or simply "landscape fabric". But how much?

Edging? How much edging? What kind of edging? It's easier to install bender board than it is to install an edge restraint that uses spikes to hold it down (e.g. paver edging).

How many plantings? What size? What's the ground like?

River gravel? How many yards? How far from your truck to where the gravel needs to be installed?

Install two trees? What size of trees? What kind of trees? What's the soil like?

Pick up materials? Is that for the edging, plants, river rock, soil, trees, and weed barrier fabric? That sounds like a lot of places to go for just $55. Again, what are you picking up?

It doesn't sound like you've thought this through very much. I am not trying to be critical. We would all like to help. But you gotta think this stuff through a little better and give more specifics.

PORTER 05
08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
need more info , dont let the the client buy the material, i make somtimes more on the material than labor