PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide on sprayer

ProLawns
08-23-2008, 03:01 PM
I've been using a backpack for spray apps for years but spot treating isn't cutting it anymore. Plus I want to be able to do blanket apps of fungicides etc. I'm having trouble deciding between a skid sprayer (50 gal), and a ride on such as a Z-spray. I've heard that ride ons aren't as effective for some apps because of the low volume, is that true? I only have about fifty lawns that get spray apps. What would be the best choice?

grassman177
08-23-2008, 06:33 PM
if you have the money a ride on is great. we switched to them this year. but you cant replace a skid for some apps. withthe zspray you can get different nozzles so you can spray aobut anything without low volume concerns. i have not found low volume to hurt results yet spraying fungicide, q4, speedzone, astro and talstar. good results if not better. i will use the gallon nozzles for use on trimec plus and msma this week and see how it does.

rcreech
08-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I agree with Grassman!

If you can justify a ride on they are great!

The Z Spray and T-3000 has a few more options (as far as gallons/ac so you can spray almost anything), but if you are looking at just doing broadleaf control and fert they all do a great job!

Low volume applications are a great way to go!

I leave the house in the morning with 120 gallons of water and can treat 10 acres without refilling my truck!

I am a big PG fan myself, but they are all good units!

They will make you very effecient and save a lot of energy!

ProLawns
08-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys for the input.