PDA

View Full Version : fertilizers and pesticides 50% off

bobbyge
08-23-2008, 05:11 PM
wow what a neat new trick i learned. a few weeks ago, i went to the home depot. i grabbed a bag of weed n feed, and threw it in the cart. at the rester, i noticed there was a little hole in the bag. i told the cashier i wanted to get a new bag. she goes, "well, it's store policy to discount any broken bags by 50%." naturally, i took the broken bag. i mean, maybe about a quarter cup spilled out. ok, so yesterday i need some dylox. i walk into the isle, look around carfully, take my index finger and poke holes in 4 bags. carefully put them in the cart. got to the register and said to the girl, "oh my, these bags are damaged, should i get new ones?" she goes, "well sir, if u like, u can have these at half price." naturally, i jumped on it. at $37 a bag, i saved a nifty $74 bucks! :drinkup: this, is my tip of the day. enjoy

JB1
08-23-2008, 05:19 PM
wow what a neat new trick i learned. a few weeks ago, i went to the home depot. i grabbed a bag of weed n feed, and threw it in the cart. at the rester, i noticed there was a little hole in the bag. i told the cashier i wanted to get a new bag. she goes, "well, it's store policy to discount any broken bags by 50%." naturally, i took the broken bag. i mean, maybe about a quarter cup spilled out. ok, so yesterday i need some dylox. i walk into the isle, look around carfully, take my index finger and poke holes in 4 bags. carefully put them in the cart. got to the register and said to the girl, "oh my, these bags are damaged, should i get new ones?" she goes, "well sir, if u like, u can have these at half price." naturally, i jumped on it. at $37 a bag, i saved a nifty $74 bucks! :drinkup: this, is my tip of the day. enjoy

been doing that for years.

tremor
08-23-2008, 05:26 PM
If I caught someone doing this in one of our stores I'd toss them out on their.......

Why not just take up shop lifting? Oh wait...that's what this is.

JB1
08-23-2008, 05:46 PM
If I caught someone doing this in one of our stores I'd toss them out on their.......

its just a few bags.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-23-2008, 05:53 PM
#1) Why are you shopping at Home Depot if you are doing this professionally?

#2) I buy my Dylox for $28/bag legitimately, without lying/stealing:hammerhead:

ericmcj31
08-23-2008, 06:01 PM
yeah--although I don't like the dude's "Obama" avatar-I have to agree--
you're basically stealing--if it's only a "couple bags" or 10K in stuff-it's still not on the up and up; I'm not on a rant or anything, but it's not right, ethical, or I'm pretty sure illegal (if caught). Seems like the cashier was kinda dumb too-I mean is it coincidental four bags happen to have a hole in them ??

bobbyge
08-23-2008, 06:12 PM
#1) Why are you shopping at Home Depot if you are doing this professionally?

#2) I buy my Dylox for $28/bag legitimately, without lying/stealing:hammerhead:

can you actually SHOW the client at least 5 grubs per sq ft in thier lawn to justify applying dylox? if not, you ARE CHEATING AND STEALING, not to mention harming the environment for no reason.

bobbyge
08-23-2008, 06:18 PM

do u explain to your customers that one grub, or two, does not require a grub treatment? do u explain threshold levels? or do you just allow them to bring the bag to the counter, and buy it, when more likely than not, they DON'T NEED IT! talk about "shoplifting" . can u say unethical?

group501
08-23-2008, 06:19 PM
This is nothing more than stealing. When you go to a dealership to purchase a car do you also intentionally damage it to get a cheaper price? When you go out to eat do you put hair in your food to avoid paying? This is a classless thing to do. :nono: Remember, Karma is a b*tch.

bobbyge
08-23-2008, 06:22 PM
This is nothing more than stealing. When you go to a dealership to purchase a car do you also intentionally damage it to get a cheaper price? When you go out to eat do you put hair in your food to avoid paying? This is a classless thing to do. :nono: Remember, Karma is a b*tch.

can you actually SHOW the client at least 5 grubs per sq ft in thier lawn to justify applying dylox? if not, you ARE CHEATING AND STEALING, not to mention harming the environment for no reason.

group501
08-23-2008, 06:35 PM

Most of our customers receive preventative grub treatments. However, if while servicing a lawn that does not get the Allectus service we happen discover grubs, we leave a marketing slick behind indicating that there were grubs found on their property. This slick does state what an acceptable threshold is. It also explains that they should monitor the condition and if the population of grubs increases to where there is a threat of damage a curative treatment will be necessary. We are on the lawns about every 6 weeks. Alot of damage can happen during this time.

ted putnam
08-23-2008, 06:50 PM

If I were a more religious person, I'd say you're going to smoke a Turd in Hell for that one!

bobbyge
08-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Most of our customers receive preventative grub treatments. However, if while servicing a lawn that does not get the Allectus service we happen discover grubs, we leave a marketing slick behind indicating that there were grubs found on their property. This slick does state what an acceptable threshold is. It also explains that they should monitor the condition and if the population of grubs increases to where there is a threat of damage a curative treatment will be necessary. We are on the lawns about every 6 weeks. Alot of damage can happen during this time.

interesting....applying a "preventative" treatment, for something that most likely, won't happen. you can bullsht your clients, and probably the rest of lawnsite, but you aint bullshttn me. we used to apply "preventative" grub treatments to all of our customers. then we stopped. out of the 100 customers, THREE got grubs. this meant 97 uneccesary preventative treatments were going down. talk about unethical....

group501
08-23-2008, 07:16 PM
interesting....applying a "preventative" treatment, for something that most likely, won't happen. you can bullsht your clients, and probably the rest of lawnsite, but you aint bullshttn me. we used to apply "preventative" grub treatments to all of our customers. then we stopped. out of the 100 customers, THREE got grubs. this meant 97 uneccesary preventative treatments were going down. talk about unethical....

I do not want to argue with you, I am only pointing out what I think is unethical and criminal behavior on your part. Regarding our use of grub preventatives: We offer grub control to our customers. We explain that if they have not had a problem with grubs in the past that there is a pretty good chance that they won't get grubs. We also point out that the product that we use will also control damaging surface feeding insects as well. We further explain that more times than not by the time the grubs are discovered enough damage has been done to warrant costly repairs. We offer our customers the service and proudly make the applications.

phasthound
08-23-2008, 07:22 PM

Go back to France!

LawnTamer
08-23-2008, 07:23 PM
So Bobbers, by your fascinating logic, no one should be inoculated against diseases unless they are likely to contract them.
As we've gone over this all before, it is probably best that you keep applying kitty litter for your grub preventer and start more threads about how kissing your wife/sister has lost all its thrill. That was a good thread. :laugh:

bobbyge
08-23-2008, 08:30 PM
grub preventer, what next? how about, a stampede of wild elephant preventer? or a attack from a terrorist preventer? we can go on and on and apply "preventers" for things that most likely won't happen, then claim success, when they don't. fact- dylox is less than half the price of merit, and is a CURATIVE to an actual problem, not a shot in the dark prevent method to something that most likely won't happen. if you are truly ethical, you will tell your customers that a TRAINED eye, can spot a grub problem BEFORE there is any real damage done. and if, and only then, will you apply a much less costly treatment to cure the problem almost immediately. this approach will eliminate alot of unnecesary pesticide aplications, will save your clients ALOT of money, and will be better for mother earth. you know what blows me away? the fact that every single human being is unethical, immoral, and dishonest. but, not to themselves. they rationalize in thier own tiny little heads what is honest and moral, and what isn't. then they dismiss their own dishonest or immoral doings as, " it's a stupid law anyway" or " better this way than that", to accomodate themselves. go ahead, prove me wrong. do not do any preventative treatments next year, and tell me how many lawns get grubs. i bet it's less than 5%, if even that high. i have homes right next to other homes that are cared for by "the competition." alot of my properties have had nothing more than light fertilizer, and spot weed treatments, and they are in just as good condition as the ones next door that have had NINE treatments already. pre-em, post- em, weed control, summer weed control, surface feeding insect control, sub surface feeding insect control, nutsedge treatment, prevent fungicide treatments, blah blah blah blah blah. 90% of it is pure bullcrap, a waste of the customer's money, damaging to the environment, damaging to the health of the home owner, thier neighbors, and the aplicator, and simply dihonest. shame on all of you. i'm done with this topic. good day

rcreech
08-23-2008, 08:35 PM
the fact that every single human being is unethical, immoral, and dishonest. but, not to themselves. they rationalize in thier own tiny little heads what is honest and moral, and what isn't. then they dismiss their own dishonest or immoral doings as, " it's a stupid law anyway" or " better this way than that", to accomodate themselves.

IS THIS COMING FROM A GUY THAT POKES HOLES IN BAGS OF FERT TO SAVE 50%?

Who is the crook here? :laugh:

heritage
08-23-2008, 09:21 PM

Guys like you give the French a bad name.

Pete

LawnTamer
08-23-2008, 09:21 PM
grub preventer, what next? how about, a stampede of wild elephant preventer? or a attack from a terrorist preventer? we can go on and on and apply "preventers" for things that most likely won't happen, then claim success, when they don't. fact- dylox is less than half the price of merit, and is a CURATIVE to an actual problem, not a shot in the dark prevent method to something that most likely won't happen. if you are truly ethical, you will tell your customers that a TRAINED eye, can spot a grub problem BEFORE there is any real damage done. and if, and only then, will you apply a much less costly treatment to cure the problem almost immediately. this approach will eliminate alot of unnecesary pesticide aplications, will save your clients ALOT of money, and will be better for mother earth. you know what blows me away? the fact that every single human being is unethical, immoral, and dishonest. but, not to themselves. they rationalize in thier own tiny little heads what is honest and moral, and what isn't. then they dismiss their own dishonest or immoral doings as, " it's a stupid law anyway" or " better this way than that", to accomodate themselves. go ahead, prove me wrong. do not do any preventative treatments next year, and tell me how many lawns get grubs. i bet it's less than 5%, if even that high. i have homes right next to other homes that are cared for by "the competition." alot of my properties have had nothing more than light fertilizer, and spot weed treatments, and they are in just as good condition as the ones next door that have had NINE treatments already. pre-em, post- em, weed control, summer weed control, surface feeding insect control, sub surface feeding insect control, nutsedge treatment, prevent fungicide treatments, blah blah blah blah blah. 90% of it is pure bullcrap, a waste of the customer's money, damaging to the environment, damaging to the health of the home owner, thier neighbors, and the aplicator, and simply dihonest. shame on all of you. i'm done with this topic. good day

Bobbers, I haven't used Merit in 3 years.... serious. I don't have more than 2 lawns/year that get grubs (out of 300-400). Most years I don't have any. I deal with a lot of sod webworm, I used to use Merit on lawns that had experienced pressure, but the truth is, it only lasts 2-3 months, and for a lower cost, I can hit the lawn with Bifenthrin, 2x if need be and still come out ahead.

You have a valid point, for your area, however, I know there are guys on here working in areas with massive grub pressure. Whoopassonthebluegrass only works a little over 100 miles from me, and he has about half of his lawns that will experience bug damage without imidichloprid, (merit). Also, if you are strictly a spray guy, you may not see the lawn for 6 weeks between applications, grubs can destroy a lawn in 6 weeks.

PSUTURFGEEK
08-23-2008, 09:44 PM
As far as the the guy who started the thread, May all of your'e lawns die a quick but painfully brown death, and for the frenchman, I don't know where you buy your'e merit from but Dylox is way more than merit, you can do like 14,000 sq merit for like 20.00 nobody is getting dylox for 20.00 Dylox is a very difficult product to produce, that's why you don't see generics out there even though it's been off patend for so long, Bayer only has one plant equipped to make dylox and never will have anymore.

milsaps118
08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey Bobbyge you forgot to tell everyone about your "TIP OF THE YEAR" too...." call his house and tell him you want to be paid NOW, or, you are going to the police station NOW, to file a complaint."

Here's the link to thread he started yesterday.....http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=243446

Since when did France get a Home Depot?????

LawnTamer
08-23-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey Bobbyge you forgot to tell everyone about your "TIP OF THE YEAR" too...." call his house and tell him you want to be paid NOW, or, you are going to the police station NOW, to file a complaint."

Here's the link to thread he started yesterday.....http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=243446

Since when did France get a Home Depot?????

Bobby is a master of starting good threads. They may make people upset, but they always either start real dialogs, or get laughs.

Here is a better one:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=146209

treemonkey
08-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh my.........would any of you guys know how the phrase "hook, line, and sinker" would apply to this thread?

milsaps118
08-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Bobby is a master of starting good threads. They may make people upset, but they always either start real dialogs, or get laughs.

Here is a better one:

LMFAO!!!!!! The GRRRRRRREAT "BOBBY G"

LawnTamer
08-23-2008, 11:00 PM
LMFAO!!!!!! The GRRRRRRREAT "BOBBY G"

Here's another one of my favorite BG threads: I have actually done the same thing, except the cord hit me in the ear, which hurt like crazy.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=49351&highlight=bungee+cord

Fert33
08-24-2008, 12:08 AM

It's not unethical to apply a preventative treatment for grubs. You may have got lucky the season that you stopped. As most on this site know, grubs vary depending on weather, soil conditions, and beetle population. UNETHICAL TO PREVENT SOMETHING? It's far more expensive to replace a lawn then prevent the problem? Not to mention you as the applicator look ridiculous posing as a professional and not preventing it. Talk about unethical. So how is that going to go when you finally do have an outbreak? Oh sorry about that I'll charge you way more to fix the problem. Are you going to tell them that they could have paid less, and prevented the problem. What is your rule for a commercial property with multiple acres. Wait and see what happens? You see how this argument goes both ways? I mean lets not put a smoke alarm in our home because 90 percent of time there is no fire. Don't wear your seatbelt because most of the time there is not an accident. I could go on and on with these. UNETHICAL???? I don't think so.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-24-2008, 12:29 AM
This is a bit much. Is insurance unethical? Geez...

While I don't agree with Bobby, at all, how many of you fill up fountain drink or slurpee and then drink down as much as you can... and then top it off and pay for it? (Guilty...)

Obviously he wasn't serious about this as being sage advice... but he DID succeed in stirring the pot. :laugh:

Grandview
08-24-2008, 08:47 AM

Home Depot is selling a product, thats it. The customer has already decided to buy it. The customer has reached the threshold. Face it you are stealing.

tremor
08-24-2008, 11:09 AM

bobbyge,

I find it hard to believe that you are a licensed professional applicator. I don't sell anything to retail customers so I don't offer a lesson in agronomy with every bag of Dylox.

Are we stealing when we sell Imidacloprid for grub prevention? Not only are those grubs not hatched, in most cases the eggs haven't been laid.

Most of the Dylox I sell sits in the back of an LCO's truck until HE scouts the lawn for acceptable threshold levels. Being an already squeezed professional, I doubt that any of my customers are stupid enough to sling Dylox unless it is absolutely necessary.

Regardless, the job of establishing WHEN to use Dylox falls not to the distributor but to the certified applicator.

This is what's wrong with Lawnsite. Too many homeowners & illegals.

tremor
08-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I found another 50% off fertilizer deal for bobbyge.

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=51595

475 tons of slightly moist urea.

Tscape
08-24-2008, 11:32 AM

Here's a guy that needs to go away.

rcreech
08-24-2008, 12:38 PM

That should help the price come down a little! :dizzy:

Tvov
08-24-2008, 12:56 PM

Here is a better one:

lol, so THAT'S who "Bobbyge" is!

I haven't been perusing the forums much recently, but I thought there was a faint familiarity to "Bobbyge"s posts.

Stillwater
08-24-2008, 01:28 PM

Dylox harming the environment? please just go away and get a education

humble1
08-24-2008, 02:13 PM

I 2nd that motion

humble1
08-24-2008, 02:15 PM

Thanks for that tip, is tip number 2 going to be "yup just crack the spreader a hair, a 10,000 sq ft bag will cover 100,000 sq ft."
Guys like you give us all a bad name:nono:

Stillwater
08-24-2008, 11:19 PM
The guy is a scum bag

garydale
08-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Hope he makes his mother proud.

phasthound
08-25-2008, 06:51 PM

Yikes, that's a lot of money!

bobbyge
08-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Hope he makes his mother proud.

i made your .....ah, 4 get it

PMLawns
08-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Haha ha ha let the finger pokin begin!

bart may
08-26-2008, 09:50 PM
You're a theif and should be arrested. It all comes around. Funny how we teach are children about being honest and make them return the pack of gum that they grabbed from the store and yet there are parents teaching kids by example how to "steal properly". Sometimes I wish we had punishments like India, You would be missing both your hands by now.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-26-2008, 09:57 PM
bobby how is the hot dog cart?????

bobbyge
08-26-2008, 10:25 PM
You're a theif and should be arrested. It all comes around. Funny how we teach are children about being honest and make them return the pack of gum that they grabbed from the store and yet there are parents teaching kids by example how to "steal properly". Sometimes I wish we had punishments like India, You would be missing both your hands by now.

i would never tell my kids to return the gum they stole. if you return it, you are twice as likely to get caught.

bart may
08-27-2008, 09:10 PM
O Brother, I just looked at your location and now it all makes sense.

mngrassguy
08-27-2008, 09:34 PM
O Brother, I just looked at your location and now it all makes sense.

Yup, they do everything different in France.

NattyLawn
08-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Do a search for bobbygedd. He's a professional agitator and it's not known if he actually owned a lawn care company. He had over 10k posts and it's been awhile since he's been on here.

Tvov
08-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Isn't "Bobby" the one who awhile ago (years? maybe) was involved in a thread(s) involving using a shovel to threaten customers or some such thing? From what I remember, they were funny posts!

ted putnam
08-28-2008, 09:34 AM
I am still finding it hard to believe there has been 5 pages dedicated to a thread started by this A$$. Isn't there an ignore button?:clapping:

ro1207
08-28-2008, 10:57 AM
bobbyge,

I find it hard to believe that you are a licensed professional applicator. I don't sell anything to retail customers so I don't offer a lesson in agronomy with every bag of Dylox.

Are we stealing when we sell Imidacloprid for grub prevention? Not only are those grubs not hatched, in most cases the eggs haven't been laid.

Most of the Dylox I sell sits in the back of an LCO's truck until HE scouts the lawn for acceptable threshold levels. Being an already squeezed professional, I doubt that any of my customers are stupid enough to sling Dylox unless it is absolutely necessary.

Regardless, the job of establishing WHEN to use Dylox falls not to the distributor but to the certified applicator.

This is what's wrong with Lawnsite. Too many homeowners & illegals.
I understand the whole "acceptable threshold" thing, however skunks and racoons dont. A couple skunks or racoons will tear up a lawn over night no matter how many grubs per sq ft their may be. This is why at times you need to apply a curative before the grubs reach damaging levels. I'm not saying find 1 grub and apply dylox but their are situations that justify an application when the amount of grubs are well below the allowable threshold.

DLCS
08-28-2008, 11:50 AM
I am still finding it hard to believe there has been 5 pages dedicated to a thread started by this A$$. Isn't there an ignore button?:clapping:

What I find hard to believe is that Sean let him back in.:dizzy:

PSUTURFGEEK
08-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Like I said b4 advertising speaks volumes, even in these cases.

dougmartin2003
08-31-2008, 01:00 PM
hell if poking a hole with your finger gets you 50% off, how much off would ramming your fist through the bag get you.

EastCoast
09-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Really sad story...... losers!

Runner
09-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah,...welcome to lawnsite...the site of the professionals. This is what we now show the new comers what we're all about.