PDA

View Full Version : Equipment and yard pics

mrsops
08-23-2008, 05:37 PM
had a big clean up day in my yard today figured i would take some pics and post them up.. I just finished putting millings down as well and that stuff is starting to turn into asphalt already

mrsops
08-23-2008, 05:40 PM
and a few more

coopers
08-23-2008, 05:45 PM
I forgot you had that CAT...How's it been treating you? Any other work pics of it? You yard looks good, all the machines are nice and clean!!

mrsops
08-23-2008, 05:48 PM
I forgot you had that CAT...How's it been treating you? Any other work pics of it? You yard looks good, all the machines are nice and clean!!

its been treating us real good awesome machine... i got a real big job coming up soon where im going to be excavating a couple hundred yards of dirt i will def post some up

bobcat_ron
08-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Those millings work really good if it's done right on a hot day, after enough compaction, it's like you actually paved the yard.

mrsops
08-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Those millings work really good if it's done right on a hot day, after enough compaction, it's like you actually paved the yard.

ron i did like 2 weeks ago and its been like 90 everyday i been rolling it to if you dont roll it your just wasting your time. stuff works amazing

CALandscapes
08-23-2008, 06:13 PM
Everything looks real nice and well kept..

Good to see you back around, Kevin..

mrusk
08-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Why do you have so much equipment in your yard during the middle of the season?

mrsops
08-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Why do you have so much equipment in your yard during the middle of the season?

saturday clean up big guy i finished 2 jobs yesterday so i was able to have everything in my yard i like to clean and maintain as much as i can on saturdays

Gravel Rat
08-23-2008, 06:37 PM
The grindings work good I have used it too. We can also get it with a binder mixed in it but that costs extra and it is a little harder to get. The highways dept used to get some of the grindings but they don't anymore the paving company takes it and makes new asphalt with it.

mrsops
08-23-2008, 06:38 PM
The grindings work good I have used it too. We can also get it with a binder mixed in it but that costs extra and it is a little harder to get. The highways dept used to get some of the grindings but they don't anymore the paving company takes it and makes new asphalt with it.

i need to get that binder stuff then it would really look like asphalt

Gravel Rat
08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
It is too late for the binder but you can have it seal coated which is a liquid asphalt sprayed over it and will harden. It works okay and does harden up but steel tracks will gouge it but for wheels and rubber tracks not a problem.

Bleed Green
08-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Do most of you guys leave your equipment on the job instead of bringing it home at night? I would think you wouldn't want to leave it at the job when you are not there working. Is that what you meant by the lots of equip in your yard in the middle of the year comment?

coopers
08-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Ideally it would be nice to bring equipment home to avoid vandalism etc. but sometimes that not cost effective.

Gravel Rat
08-23-2008, 09:25 PM
With the price of scrap steel nowwadays it is so easy for a thief to come along with a hiab truck (crane) lift your skid steer onto a truck and off they go.

Homeowners usually don't like seeing you remove your equipment off the job.

Around here vandalism isn't a problem the machine is sitting on a persons property.

Junior M
08-23-2008, 09:32 PM
if we ever buy a machine we wont leave it on a job unless we have to comeback the next day and it is really far away....

P.Services
08-23-2008, 09:38 PM
what did the 305 cost you if you dont mind saying? pm me if you want also. my dealer is price mid week so im just wondering in advance.

JDSKIDSTEER
08-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Impresive set up.

P.Services
08-23-2008, 09:49 PM
hey jdskid, i got my dealer to loan me his 50d for a day as long as i pick it up. he gave me a price of $61k for a 50d with a cab ac/heat a hydro thumb and 3 buckets. he keeps trying to seal the deal with the threat that deere is really going to jack up prices soon because od steel, is that true?

Junior M
08-23-2008, 09:54 PM
lets see some pics of it if you get it...

JDSKIDSTEER
08-23-2008, 10:36 PM
hey jdskid, i got my dealer to loan me his 50d for a day as long as i pick it up. he gave me a price of $61k for a 50d with a cab ac/heat a hydro thumb and 3 buckets. he keeps trying to seal the deal with the threat that deere is really going to jack up prices soon because od steel, is that true?On some equipment I am sure. Steel has drove everything up, I do not think excavators though. I know attachments are going up again.

JDSKIDSTEER
08-23-2008, 10:43 PM
hey jdskid, i got my dealer to loan me his 50d for a day as long as i pick it up. he gave me a price of $61k for a 50d with a cab ac/heat a hydro thumb and 3 buckets. he keeps trying to seal the deal with the threat that deere is really going to jack up prices soon because od steel, is that true?
Call me Monday. You are fair game if you are in Genesse County.

P.Services
08-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Call me Monday. You are fair game if you are in Genesse County.

im in oakland, whats the diffrence?

mrsops
08-24-2008, 12:51 AM
Do most of you guys leave your equipment on the job instead of bringing it home at night? I would think you wouldn't want to leave it at the job when you are not there working. Is that what you meant by the lots of equip in your yard in the middle of the year comment?

i try most of the time to bring it home because i did have a machine stolen from a job site i also had vandalism done to my machines before so i try to bring it home unless i can leave it locked up on job which most of them time is very hard to do

Bleed Green
08-24-2008, 02:22 AM
thats what i would think I would be afraid of people messing with machines that were left on the job overnight.

Scag48
08-24-2008, 02:33 AM
You guys actually run that iron or does it just get washed and waxed all day?

I'm just messing with you. You know the wash and wax isn't worth the paint it gets put on. Them orange and whites will never sling up enough mud to ever need an actual bath anyway. :waving:

Gravel Rat
08-24-2008, 02:48 AM
If your running Bobcat mini excavator the operator barfs up his lunch from getting sea sick from the machine flopping around like riding on a roller coaster.

For all you Cat freaks the quality of Cat equipment is going down hill. I have friends that work in the mines as mechanics and they say Cat is getting bad. One of the mines bought a brandnew 365 excavator and it pukes out more hydraulic oil than it runs. The Cat wheel loaders are falling part Cat doesn't use screws anymore its glued. They are not impressed especially with the 365 it spends more time being repaired

Mines have run pretty well exclusivly Cat for 30 years. I think the one mine will look at Volvo or Hitachi for excavators.

Even Cut Lawn Care
08-24-2008, 03:00 AM
The quarry i use runs all volvo loaders and they are great machines. I demoed a skidsteer and miniex at the expo and i was very impressed

Gravel Rat
08-24-2008, 03:14 AM
The gravel mines are using Volvo ticky dumps I think you will see them eventually switch to Volvo wheel loaders if Cats quality doesn't improve.

Junior M
08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
If your running Bobcat mini excavator the operator barfs up his lunch from getting sea sick from the machine flopping around like riding on a roller coaster.

For all you Cat freaks the quality of Cat equipment is going down hill. I have friends that work in the mines as mechanics and they say Cat is getting bad. One of the mines bought a brandnew 365 excavator and it pukes out more hydraulic oil than it runs. The Cat wheel loaders are falling part Cat doesn't use screws anymore its glued. They are not impressed especially with the 365 it spends more time being repaired

Mines have run pretty well exclusivly Cat for 30 years. I think the one mine will look at Volvo or Hitachi for excavators.
a conventional swing bobcat isnt the tippy one unless you put a huge bucket on it like i do mine... the tippy sea feeling bobcat excavator are the zts's

Scag48
08-24-2008, 01:26 PM
The gravel mines are using Volvo ticky dumps I think you will see them eventually switch to Volvo wheel loaders if Cats quality doesn't improve.

Volvo wheel loaders are hit and miss from what I hear. Some are great, others crap out. Deere builds the best wheel loaders, IMO. Komatsu's aren't bad either, they seem to have a very low torque rise from what I've noticed.

Gotta love the old Cat's though. Running a 988B is badass, even the C's are good.

deere615
08-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Nice pics, the yard looks great all cleaned up