PDA

View Full Version : In a bind need help:

Clapper&Company
08-23-2008, 06:51 PM
We started a walkway and patio this week, were using a Hanson Product and were 3 skids in to the job when we open the 4th skid to find out its not tumble, as was all the other skids.

Called my Rep and we took them all back and agreed to swap them out no problem. Here is the problem, there not sure when there be in sometime next week they say.

My Client is having a huge party next sunday and this has to be done!! They told me today, if we cant get the stone from hanson ASAP.

We need to find a new product to use so we can complete the job.

Dose anyone know any other company that makes a paver like this one?

Here is hansons link to the paver were using:
http://www.hansonhardscape.com/site/...n=3&category=1

Thanks Clap

Az Gardener
08-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Bummer, Your link is not working so nothing to look at. What about using a different material for the border? You could use the same untumbled product for the border and the tumbled for the field. Or a completely different product for the border, bluestone, brick... if you are still short field material you could randomly drop in the untumbled here and there. You could also try and tumble it yourself. Throw a few in your mixer and see what it looks like, or take a hammer to it. Either way your distributor owes you a T-Shirt :laugh:.

I hope anyone who reads this will learn from your situation. Always check all your product as soon as it arrives on a job site or before its loaded on your truck to be sure it is what you ordered.

Hope it works out for you, good luck.

Clapper&Company
08-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Az,

I will repost the link, This product were using is a odd paver, its kinda like Antika from techo-bloc ( theres no dealers in ohio)

They come in super sacks not skids, but your right i will look at all my stuff better from now on out!

Clapper&Company
08-23-2008, 10:26 PM
Link:

http://www.hansonhardscape.com/site/sub/overview.php?region=3&category=1

Az Gardener
08-23-2008, 11:44 PM
Well I would throw some of that into a mixer and see what it looks like in about 10 minutes. I haven't done hardscape in about 12 years you might reach out to Jim Lewis, PM him see if he has any suggestions.

Clapper&Company
08-24-2008, 08:38 AM
ok thanks AZ

Bill S
08-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Techo has a factory in PA, get a direct shipment from them

JimLewis
08-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Yah, that sucks when there is a deadline and the right product isn't available.

Bill has a good idea about going directly to the factory but if you only have 1 week to get the job done, you really don't have time to wait for the factory to ship them to you. You need to find something and pick it up Monday and get going with the job, I would imagine.

That is kind of a unique paver. I don't know anyone else who makes anything like that. But to get a similar look, there is an even nicer paver that Belgard makes called their "Arbel Stone". It has a similar look to it. To get an idea of how that looks, here are a few links;

http://www.domineblock.com/images/pic_arbel.jpg

http://www.likeslandscaping.com/Arbel%201.jpg

http://www.belgard.biz/images/photos/big/arbel_stone_04.jpg

It looks like Belgard has a lot of distributors in your area. I'd just get on the horn first thing Monday morning and see who has enough of them in stock to do your job. Here is the list of dealers in your area;

http://www.belgard.biz/dealerlocator.htm?x=330&y=127

Be a little careful. Those pavers are a little over 3" thick! They take a little more time to install and to cut than your typical pavers do.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, my next move would be to press my rep. to get them too me - like NOW! If he says there's just no way, then I guess maybe your last option is do tell your client that unfortunately he will have to have his party while the driveway is still under construction. Not what he'll want to hear, but I'd throw in some comment like, "Well, do you want me to rush and do it with something you don't like as much or skimp on quality? Or would you rather wait and miss this party but have it look amazing for every other party you'll have for the next 20 years??? I've tried my best but unfortunately, it's not me that's holding this up at this point. It's the supplier. So if we want this done right, we're going to have to wait. I think you'd agree that doing it right is worth the wait, wouldn't you?"

Clapper&Company
08-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Jim thanks for your input.

LawnVet
08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Clap,
I've used those exact cobbles before. They're nice but hard to find a match. When I ran short on a job I just extended the soldier course to two, three, or more depending on the design. There's really no cutting those cobbles in my opinon, all my cuts are in the inner straight courses. My first action would be to call as many Hanson dealers as you can to find inventory - I doubt my any of suppliers would have any of those on hand but if you'd like pm me and I'll give you a few in SE MI.
Good luck.

Edgewater
08-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Have you laid any yet, or could you buy some techo antika and mix it in?

Clapper&Company
08-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Clap,
I've used those exact cobbles before. They're nice but hard to find a match. When I ran short on a job I just extended the soldier course to two, three, or more depending on the design. There's really no cutting those cobbles in my opinon, all my cuts are in the inner straight courses. My first action would be to call as many Hanson dealers as you can to find inventory - I doubt my any of suppliers would have any of those on hand but if you'd like pm me and I'll give you a few in SE MI.
Good luck.

Yea there a nice stone I been using there stone for 4 years now, back when it was still Perma. This past year they went down hill bigtime since it became hanson :hammerhead:

Have you laid any yet, or could you buy some techo antika and mix it in?

Yea we have layed a good amount

merrimacmill
09-01-2008, 06:04 PM
So what ended up happening clap?

Clapper&Company
09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
no one in ohio had the pavers, we cover everything with plywood, and were waiting for them to get here.

they had there party