PDA

View Full Version : need some knowledge ....

DC & Sons
08-23-2008, 09:06 PM
I am eager to learn about lawn diseases and pesticides and the correct way to apply them. I'm just looking for some direction on the best way to go about it. This past week I sent off for some info from my local state to go about getting licensed correctly when the time comes. I don't have time to go to classes right now, so reading materials will have to be good enough.

Thanks in advance !!

Dan :usflag:

heritage
08-23-2008, 09:24 PM
I am eager to learn about lawn diseases and pesticides and the correct way to apply them. I'm just looking for some direction on the best way to go about it. This past week I sent off for some info from my local state to go about getting licensed correctly when the time comes. I don't have time to go to classes right now, so reading materials will have to be good enough.

Thanks in advance !!

Dan :usflag:

That is THE BEST START..Take the tests when you have more time.

You only get out what you invest time wise.

No shortcuts.

Happy reading,

Pete

RAlmaroad
08-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Get to know you County Extension Agent. They can direct you to the classes and procedures for proper applications. You might even get to know a reputable licensed applicator in your area. Get yourself a hand-held sprayer with a fan tip and practice with water on dry pavement applying 1 gallon of water to 1000 sq ft. Shouldn't have any water left over or running out too soon. This will be a hot mix. Then slow it down to 1.5 gal/1000 Sq. Ft. Finally work up to 2.0gal/K
Roy

RigglePLC
08-24-2008, 11:04 AM
Forget one gallon per thousand. Use lower pressure and walk faster. Decide if you will keep the wand steady or wave the wand. Go low volume and you will apply about one-half gallon per thousand. Mix according to the sqfeet you cover. Remember that the pressure used and the nozzle adjustment or nozzle tip mkes a difference in output. Use a hand sprayer and then use a backpack. Now use water and apply to grass. Measure the sq feet covered with a half-gallon precisely. You will normally walk slower on grass compared to concrete. You need a measuring wheel or steel tape. A stopwatch will help you keep your speed constant. If you can apply the water three times and get within 10 percent of perfect--you are better than 90 percent of the so-called professionals.