PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys remember my old porch and the flower wall i built before?

bigw
08-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Here is the way it looked then http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=219121and also now that im done with it!

bigw
08-23-2008, 11:14 PM
I used Trax for everything and all new railings...talk about expensive stuff lol. The sidewalk is just wet because i power washed it.

P.Services
08-23-2008, 11:28 PM
isnt it trex?

bigw
08-23-2008, 11:29 PM
isnt it trex?

I think your right lol its late! :hammerhead:

J.A.G LAWNCARE
08-23-2008, 11:35 PM
when you do before and after pics , do it from ther same angle ...............

bigw
when you do before and after pics , do it from ther same angle ...............

I did but i think i deleted some of the old pics

Grits
What is trex?

bigw
08-23-2008, 11:37 PM
What is trex?

the material for the deck.its made of recycled crap and it will never rot or fade and is very strong but also 28$ for one 16ft plank.

Grits
08-23-2008, 11:39 PM
the material for the deck.its made of recycled crap and it will never rot or fade and is very strong but also 28$ for one 16ft plank.

OOOHHHH! OK, I know what you are talking about. I have seen it at lowes. Yes, it is very expensive. I live on the Gulf Coast and MANY people have very large docks made out of that stuff with stainless screws and hardware. People around here have some $$$$$$.

Grits
08-23-2008, 11:40 PM
It looks really good, and should last dang near forever. Good job!

bigw
08-23-2008, 11:43 PM
It looks really good, and should last dang near forever. Good job!

Thanks alot man!!

bigw
08-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey Grits i did a power washing job today..2 story house, back concrete patio,front concrete walkway and a small wood deck.
It came out awsome and the homeowner loved it. Their was so much algae or mold on the patio and house and when i was done it looked great. I made $550.00 in 3 1/2 hrs so that was cool!

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
08-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Looks good. Why didn't you put a cap on the wall though? It would have looked so much better. Still a good job.

bigw
08-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Looks good. Why didn't you put a cap on the wall though? It would have looked so much better. Still a good job.

Because the guy at the block place said it didnt need caps because of the style it was, besides i didnt know better it was the first one i ever did and i did it all alone!

Grits
08-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey Grits i did a power washing job today..2 story house, back concrete patio,front concrete walkway and a small wood deck.
It came out awsome and the homeowner loved it. Their was so much algae or mold on the patio and house and when i was done it looked great. I made $550.00 in 3 1/2 hrs so that was cool!

Heck yeah! I like doing power wash jobs. I have one scheduled for Monday. 1100sq ft deck and small concrete pad for a big club at the beach.

bigw
08-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Heck yeah! I like doing power wash jobs. I have one scheduled for Monday. 1100sq ft deck and small concrete pad for a big club at the beach.

yeah i love doing them too, its the cleaning up afterwards and putting everything back that bothers me :laugh: its really cool though when you take something that looks like crap and make it look new again and then the homeowner comes out and they look like a kid in a candystore...makes it worth it! Hey about that billy goat blower thats on sale...do not buy that one,its the one with the new subaru 9 hp engine and they cant give them away and neither can little wonder with their new subaru 9 hp engine.

My dealer told me today that no dealers are authorized to work on them yet and thats why they are having problems moving them. I just bought the HO little wonder with the 9 hp honda motor today and he had the 9 subaru in stock and it was 200 cheaper but he talked me out of it for that reason,i mean even my dealer couldnt work on it if i bought it! Now im sure eventually dealers will start but right now most dont!

Grits
08-24-2008, 03:45 AM
yeah i love doing them too, its the cleaning up afterwards and putting everything back that bothers me :laugh: its really cool though when you take something that looks like crap and make it look new again and then the homeowner comes out and they look like a kid in a candystore...makes it worth it! Hey about that billy goat blower thats on sale...do not buy that one,its the one with the new subaru 9 hp engine and they cant give them away and neither can little wonder with their new subaru 9 hp engine.

My dealer told me today that no dealers are authorized to work on them yet and thats why they are having problems moving them. I just bought the HO little wonder with the 9 hp honda motor today and he had the 9 subaru in stock and it was 200 cheaper but he talked me out of it for that reason,i mean even my dealer couldnt work on it if i bought it! Now im sure eventually dealers will start but right now most dont!

You are right. It has the Subaru on it.

TCS Landscaping
08-24-2008, 06:08 AM
Looks good W. What kind of pressure washer are you running?

ALC-GregH
08-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Looks great but you need to make a trip to the landfill. Lots of junk laying around in the flower beds. LOL :D j/k

tufguy100
08-25-2008, 04:13 PM
you should have caps on wall and theres grass between the wall and sidewalk wall doesnt look right with the house just trying to be helpful:rolleyes:

huskres
08-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Looks like an old womans garden. The trex will fade actually. It will also get some mold or algae attached to it over time.