PDA

View Full Version : Will this spreader work?

born2farm
08-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Ok i know i have been asking a lot of questions lately but there is a lot of things i need to figure out before i start doing my lawn apps. I bought this spreader at an auction for 50 bux with intentions of using it for salt but i decided that it might work for fertilizer. Is this spreader considerd a commercial spreader and will it hold any accuracy calibration wise from job to job? For reference its a Scotts AP2000

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/born2farm/spreader3.jpg

JDUtah
08-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Will it hold calibration? Hmmm test and retest and tell us? Looks like a goodon' to me, but I haven't put fert in it and pushed. Happy walking :)

RigglePLC
08-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Sure--it is commercial. Good spreader--but--its not stainless steel. Worth about $300. These will usually rust out right where the fert hits the steel tubeing. I would say it should last 3 years--maybe 6 if you paint the rusty spots, and if you slide a rubber hose over the wear spot where the fert hits the steel tubeing. Rinse it well, lubricate regularly, and store under low humidity conditions. You may need to replace the spinner gear after about 6000 applications.

born2farm
08-24-2008, 08:04 PM
ok thanks guys. it will get calibrated when i start next spring. i will do all the prevenative maintenance on it and i thought about painting all the steel with a protective liner for truck beds.