PDA

View Full Version : Electric Skid Sprayer

sclawndr
08-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Anyone using a skid sprayer with an electric motor as opposed to a gas engine? I'm considering one from C & S Turf. I know they can't generate enough agitation to keep fert mixed but I'm only planning on using it for weed control, insecticides, etc.

rcreech
08-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Anyone using a skid sprayer with an electric motor as opposed to a gas engine? I'm considering one from C & S Turf. I know they can't generate enough agitation to keep fert mixed but I'm only planning on using it for weed control, insecticides, etc.

I run electric pumps and love them! They don't put out quite the gallons/min, but they are very guiet and easy to turn on and off. Plus they don't take any gas!

You will be fine!

garydale
08-25-2008, 05:22 PM
Have a 12 year old Lesco 100 gal. unit that works great. I get 2 gpm at 40psi maximum.
Agitation is a problem, so I have to watch I use it for.(no fert.)

You can get a larger electric that will give you 70psi @ 6gpm that will give you bypass agitation and handle fert..

LushGreenLawn
08-25-2008, 05:31 PM
For you guys using electric, how long of a hose do you use them with?

rcreech
08-25-2008, 10:35 PM
For you guys using electric, how long of a hose do you use them with?

300 ft.

I heard any longer then that will burn up a pump!

CrystalCreek
08-25-2008, 10:44 PM
just build two units this year for under $500 for the two!!! I bought everything from northern tools.com. I built the frame from pressure treated wood painted black. I used a 50 gallon tank, with a northern tools 70 psi pump. I had the hose. two hundred feet of 3/8 on manual rewind reels. I have small yards. Wired a permant harness into the truck with quick connects. It works very well. I still have room infront of the units for fert. I will try to get picks. It was a great project and I couldnt be happier. Like said above, not good for fert. I have a selective and one non selective. On/off switch on each unit with a lock so I can leave the unit while I get lunch:rolleyes: Hope this helps.

sclawndr
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
just build two units this year for under $500 for the two!!! I bought everything from northern tools.com. I built the frame from pressure treated wood painted black. I used a 50 gallon tank, with a northern tools 70 psi pump. I had the hose. two hundred feet of 3/8 on manual rewind reels. I have small yards. Wired a permant harness into the truck with quick connects. It works very well. I still have room infront of the units for fert. I will try to get picks. It was a great project and I couldnt be happier. Like said above, not good for fert. I have a selective and one non selective. On/off switch on each unit with a lock so I can leave the unit while I get lunch:rolleyes: Hope this helps.

Thanks, would like to see pics. Unfortunately, I doubt I'm handy enough to build this without a lot of trial and error.

sclawndr
08-26-2008, 12:18 PM
I run electric pumps and love them! They don't put out quite the gallons/min, but they are very guiet and easy to turn on and off. Plus they don't take any gas!

You will be fine!

Thanks! That was my thought too - saving gas.

CrystalCreek
08-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks, would like to see pics. Unfortunately, I doubt I'm handy enough to build this without a lot of trial and error.

Dude you can build these. All parts were from northern like I said. A few 2X4 from home depot and a piece of plywood were all I needed. I will try to post pics within a few days. Just a little lazy before the long weekend. :drinkup: It took me about two hours for each sprayer. Maybe I could go into business building these little things payup