PDA

View Full Version : What kind of body is this 12fter?

Ramairfreak98ss
08-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Its all aluminum, appears to be a 12' landscape body. The owner was told its "half" the weight of the steel version, but in these pictures it appears the back of this EMPTY 06 f550 is sagging with nothing in it, could it just be the way the picture is taken? Its only got 13k miles on it.

I know the crysteel and Rugby unibody 12' landscape bodys are close to 10k, aluminum has to cost 14-15k then?

Ramairfreak98ss
08-25-2008, 11:56 AM
here are a few more

Marek
08-25-2008, 12:30 PM
That is a really nice body ! What is he asking for the truck ?

Gravel Rat
08-25-2008, 03:31 PM
That is a welding shop produced body you can tell its not mass produced so its well built. A dump body like that here would be easy 12 grand.

Aluminum truck bodies are nice they are not quite half the weight of steel but that body is probably 400-500lbs lighter than a steel equivilant.

Nice looking truck a truck it would probably sell around here for 35,000-40,000 if it has low miles on it.

RedMax Man
08-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Wow... thats a sick Stroker:cool2:

oakhillslandscaping
08-25-2008, 07:36 PM
i like that ......A LOT

Birdjr
08-25-2008, 08:09 PM
that looks like a transtar body there located out in califon,nj they def, make some nice bodies

P.Services
08-25-2008, 08:11 PM
he wants to get at least 40k for it, i talked to him a few days ago when i saw the truck on ebay and he said he has over 70 into it. it has heated leather also.

Ramairfreak98ss
08-25-2008, 08:33 PM
that looks like a transtar body there located out in califon,nj they def, make some nice bodies

Is transtar the company? The truck is used and from NJ so your probably right.

Thanks Picasso, i wasnt sure what he wanted or what the reserve was on it. Im guessing the boards could be taken out of the back. Im sure its well worth the 40k. Yet for 40k, id have to get my own financing, my 06 F350 has 7.9% and i doubt id get under 7.5% even today on this F550. Compared to the 60mo @ 2.9% that Ford offers on their new 08 F550s, it wouldnt really pay to buy something a couple years old even if it was this nice. The truck is awesome looking though, since all you ever see is XL trim trucks, when i find an xlt or lariat in something like this im glued to the screen until i read everything over :)

P.Services
08-25-2008, 08:40 PM
yeah you only save about 10 grand if that. i think i would take a brand new 6.4 over the 6.0 anyday.

Gravel Rat
08-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Myself I wouldn't buy a crew cab truck like that I would have a h*ll of a time getting into the places a home owner wants me to go. You need to use ever inch of wiggle room to get back down close to a house.

I had to do a job for my neighbours last week and getting down into their carport is a real pain backing down a already steep driveway with a sharp turn where you have to drive forward back up drive forward again to get wiggled around. I only have a 450 with a regular cab and 12 foot deck.

Other places I need to make a 100 point turn I'am not going to back up 500 or more feet.

CAT powered
08-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Well GR if you get a haddock, a bucket, and a zipline you could fit er right in!

Birdjr
08-25-2008, 09:40 PM
transtar is actually a welding shop that makes the custom bodies

ConstSvcs
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
When I saw the first set of images the question that came to mind was......WHY ????

Why all the money for a light weight body..........why not a heavy weight truck and a durable steel body and avoid the plywood liner panels ????

As I have aged (44 now) I have decided to stop wasting money on things that we all have paid way too much for at our local truck dealers.........tax deductable.....pay more to save more............not !

I decided to take the foreign route and will never look back.....not in the class 5 truck anyway

Just my 2 cents but.............

OK.........let me have it :rolleyes:

Total cost.............$36,600.00........including three bodies :

Gravel Rat
08-26-2008, 12:05 AM
For what that body is meant for it will haul mulch and tree debris etc.

You don't want heavy steel bodies anymore that adds too much tare weight which eats up payload.

With that aluminum body the truck is probably legal for 8000lbs of payload.

Ramairfreak98ss
08-26-2008, 08:58 PM
For what that body is meant for it will haul mulch and tree debris etc.

You don't want heavy steel bodies anymore that adds too much tare weight which eats up payload.

With that aluminum body the truck is probably legal for 8000lbs of payload.

your right, i mean if the body is say 1000lbs less than the average 2000-2300lb steel bodies, thats another yard or two of mulch and its still "safe" to haul it. I think the F550 rear axles are 13,600lb so with something like this you can carry almost 10k~ give or take in the back body.

How much is that isusi truck without all the switch and go stuff? looks bigger than the npr ones right? whats the gvw on it?

ConstSvcs
08-26-2008, 10:10 PM
How much is that isusi truck without all the switch and go stuff? looks bigger than the npr ones right? whats the gvw on it?

The FRR has a GVW of 19,500# and uses the same powertrain as the 23,000 gvw FTR. A 472 cu. in. 200 hp 6cyl. Isuzu diesel with exhaust brake and in my case, a 6 spd standard tranny.

I purchased it from a private owner with 82K miles for $16,500.

stuvecorp
08-26-2008, 10:31 PM
When I saw the first set of images the question that came to mind was......WHY ????

Why all the money for a light weight body..........why not a heavy weight truck and a durable steel body and avoid the plywood liner panels ????

As I have aged (44 now) I have decided to stop wasting money on things that we all have paid way too much for at our local truck dealers.........tax deductable.....pay more to save more............not !

I decided to take the foreign route and will never look back.....not in the class 5 truck anyway

Just my 2 cents but.............

OK.........let me have it :rolleyes:

Total cost.............$36,600.00........including three bodies :

For what it's worth, I think you have a nice steup - and it didn't break the bank.

ConstSvcs
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
For what it's worth, I think you have a nice steup - and it didn't break the bank.

Thanks for the kind words........very much appreciated

Gravel Rat
08-27-2008, 01:36 AM
Some guys don't need a rolloff set up. The one reason why I never did go ahead with a rolloff set up is traction. A truck with just the rails climbing a residential driveway wouldn't make it back out. Take for my neighbours driveway if its wet I can't get up the driveway the concrete is too slippery its older concrete kinda like exposed concrete. Then the dirt driveways even with a loaded truck the tires spin :cry:

ConstSvcs truck would work good with the box on the truck and with it being a cabover for manueverablity. Drop a empty box and try get back out of a residential residence you will be doing a brake stand spinning the wheels without touching the brakes :laugh:

A truck with a aluminum box could get you in trouble if you delivered a load of topsoil and try leave the persons house you start spinning wheels and the back of the truck starts bouncing.

Ramairfreak98ss
08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
The FRR has a GVW of 19,500# and uses the same powertrain as the 23,000 gvw FTR. A 472 cu. in. 200 hp 6cyl. Isuzu diesel with exhaust brake and in my case, a 6 spd standard tranny.

I purchased it from a private owner with 82K miles for $16,500.

lol, OK so thats not too bad, I was really confused when i looked at the gmc 7500? which is similar, and it said starting at 63k then you had 3 bodies, I just thought, wtf, they get 60% off sticker?

HERITAGELANDSCAPING
09-30-2009, 11:51 PM
that is a transtar body. a small custom body company out of califon, nj. i've had bodies built by him and they're built like you would not believe. dominic and his guys do awesome work

Ramairfreak98ss
10-01-2009, 08:47 AM
that is a transtar body. a small custom body company out of califon, nj. i've had bodies built by him and they're built like you would not believe. dominic and his guys do awesome work

so how much is one like that out of aluminum, when we get a cc f550, i want one!

BMFD92
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM
found there website. http://www.transtartruckbody.com/home. There work looks real sharp. I too am in the market for a truck in 550 range and would definetly consider pricing bodies from them.

STIHL GUY
10-04-2009, 12:41 AM
that looks really nice. ive never seen one of those that new lookin before