PDA

View Full Version : how many sq. ft will a 2 gallon pump sprayer cover

wiseguyslawn
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I know this depends on applicator but a general idea would be great. Also went to lesco today paid $8 more a bag of the same fert i bought 5 weeks ago. Thanks guys

americanlawn
08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
If you're talkin' a "hand can"/"spot sprayer"........figure just under 1000 s/f per gallon. We run battery-powered backpacks (ShurFlo SRS 600), and we get between 600 s/f to 1000 s/f per gallon -- depending. Hope this helps, cuz it depends on nozzles, pressure, coverage, etc.

phasthound
08-25-2008, 08:20 PM
If you're talkin' a "hand can"/"spot sprayer"........figure just under 1000 s/f per gallon. We run battery-powered backpacks (ShurFlo SRS 600), and we get between 600 s/f to 1000 s/f per gallon -- depending. Hope this helps, cuz it depends on nozzles, pressure, coverage, etc.

Hey Larry, what wand and nozzle are you using with the ShurFlo? I don't like the one that came with it.

RigglePLC
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
hand can coverage. Depends on walking speed, pressure, swath width, and nozzle. We get about 1600 sqft per gallon.

ted putnam
08-25-2008, 08:54 PM
When I worked for Chemlawn, they told us using the 8004LP Teejet, figure it at .59gals/1000ft. Not sure. I usually only spot spray but still use the fan tips. Like others have said, many variables...

americanlawn
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi Barry -- we immediately take out the cone nozzle that comes with it. We use a flat fan nozzle (blue). Plus we switch the gun to a TeeJet (cuz the original ones shell out fast). Those "cone nozzles" that come with most backpack sprayers suck. Sure, the cone nozzles are adjustable for "pencil stream, etc, but they suck when spraying weeds. Picture a "round spray with no spray in the middle (where a weed is :laugh:).I think the manufactures put 'em out in case some "Joe Homeowner" wants to spray trees with it. :laugh::laugh:

Hey Larry, what wand and nozzle are you using with the ShurFlo? I don't like the one that came with it.