PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Changed Impeller Speed On Perma Green?

heritage
08-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Has anyone changed the Pullys on the Perma Green Centuri to Increase the spread Width?

Not rpm change of motor as already 3750 "No Load".

Thanks Guys!

Pete

americanlawn
08-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Great question cuz we have wondered the same thing. With the spread pattern less than many push spreaders, we have pondered this idea too. The unit does not allow adjustments unless one changes the pulley size. I'm sure it can be done, but we never did this cuz the spray pattern could not keep up with it.

We have two Ultra's for sale just because of this. Our T3000 spreads & sprays 12 feet or better at over 5 mph. So we're keeping it simple - buying another TURFCO T3000 and avoiding the headaches. No wiring probs, continuous breakdowns, etc too.

ZSpray Info
08-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Since American already "hijacked" this thread :laugh: We use a hydraulic motor in the spreader to be able to adjust our spread pattern form 4-25 feet wide. It is independant of ground speed. Our units can also spread up to 8.5 mph if wanted.

RigglePLC
08-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Good idea Pete. It is possible to buy a bevel gear set that would give you a step up. But probably a 2 to one step up ratio would be too fast. Google gears. Try this gear company for instance:
http://www.atlasgear.com/07.htm

Real Green
08-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Since American already "hijacked" this thread :laugh: We use a hydraulic motor in the spreader to be able to adjust our spread pattern form 4-25 feet wide. It is independant of ground speed. Our units can also spread up to 8.5 mph if wanted.

You're making a great name for yourself on this board! Keep it up, it looks professional! Have a great day!:waving:

americanlawn
08-26-2008, 09:11 PM
I hear ya. I realize L.T. Rich builds fine ride-on's. Heck -- we considered a Z-Max cuz they kick butt. (We tried the junior as well as the max). We fought with the PG's in every way ever since we bought 'em. (PG units are good, and they have their place for most LCO's, but not for our particular needs). I spoke with the owner of TURFCO, and he told me never to badmouth the competition cuz that just brings you down. He's right.

Our situation is, we have roughly 3000 accounts, but only 10 or 12 accounts that are larger than 4 acres. For us, this does not justify a full-time "large" ride-on unit. We want one that can go in a 36" gate, yet still do 300,000 sq ft per day. Plus we want a nearly "hands-free unit" that handles hills, slopes, curves,etc., and can spray & spread 12 - 13 feet. (Our unit has climbed 45 degree slopes with no problem).

We've treated up to 17 acres in a day with our unit....not bad cuz it has also treated 4000 sq ft lawns. Yes -- it has all the adjustments for spray/spread width too. But not 25 feet. Only 13 feet. Our unit runs at 5.2 mph, and that seems fast. At 8.5 mph, I question weed control + drift?? Not saying that's bad, just wondering. BTW the T3000 can be adjusted to run at 8.5 mph (easy adjustment), but that is not recommended by the manufacturer for proper coverage of herbicide spray.

I'm just comparing apples to apples and having intellegent comparisons here. I think lawnsite could make a category for "ride-ons" ...fert, spray, aerators, or whatever else can be done (except for mowers, cuz they have their own category).

My two cents worth. BTW all units listed above are "built in the USA. :usflag:

OTE=ZSpray Info;2484079]Since American already "hijacked" this thread :laugh: We use a hydraulic motor in the spreader to be able to adjust our spread pattern form 4-25 feet wide. It is independant of ground speed. Our units can also spread up to 8.5 mph if wanted.[/QUOTE]

RigglePLC
08-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Pete,
I talked to my Lesco dealer today. He said you can switch to a larger impeller (Magnum size) to get more throw distance. I guess the Centri has a small impeller--is that true? You might try making some taller, more curved or longer fins on the platter. Just cut some plastic, and get out the hot glue and small bolts--easy--or not.

ZSpray Info
08-27-2008, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=americanlawn;2485077] I spoke with the owner of TURFCO, and he told me never to badmouth the competition cuz that just brings you down. He's right.

We've treated up to 17 acres in a day with our unit....not bad cuz it has also treated 4000 sq ft lawns. Yes -- it has all the adjustments for spray/spread width too. But not 25 feet. Only 13 feet. Our unit runs at 5.2 mph, and that seems fast. At 8.5 mph, I question weed control + drift?? Not saying that's bad, just wondering. BTW the T3000 can be adjusted to run at 8.5 mph (easy adjustment), but that is not recommended by the manufacturer for proper coverage of herbicide spray.

I am not sure if you are referring to me, but I have never bad mouthed the competition. I have only pointed out the attributes of our machine. Also I said our machine could "spread" at 25 feet and 8 mph, not spray. We use a GPS speedometer to insure the applicator can go 5 mph and "spray". Also we use 4 to 5 air injected nozzles to spray to guard against drift for better weed control.

And yes it it great that all the machines mentioned in here are built in the USA, couldn't agree with you more on that.

Real Green
08-27-2008, 07:50 AM
I am not sure if you are referring to me, but I have never bad mouthed the competition. I have only pointed out the attributes of our machine. Also I said our machine could "spread" at 25 feet and 8 mph, not spray. We use a GPS speedometer to insure the applicator can go 5 mph and "spray". Also we use 4 to 5 air injected nozzles to spray to guard against drift for better weed control.

And yes it it great that all the machines mentioned in here are built in the USA, couldn't agree with you more on that.

Americanlawn is not referring to you... relax, seriously no one is out to get you. BEFORE you were a member on this board, the introduction of the T3000 brought a lot of harsh words from those who were fans and advocates of other units and vice versa. He is typing on those terms.

heritage
08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Pete,
I talked to my Lesco dealer today. He said you can switch to a larger impeller (Magnum size) to get more throw distance. I guess the Centri has a small impeller--is that true? You might try making some taller, more curved or longer fins on the platter. Just cut some plastic, and get out the hot glue and small bolts--easy--or not.

Thanks Riggle :)

I did not realize the impeller was smaller...It is :)

I will look into the Magnum impeller!

Thank You again,

Pete

americanlawn
08-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Did not mean to criticize. To me, Z-Spray is the cat's meow. Built tough & sprays like a mother f---er.

As far as spreading huge properties, we like our John Deere 445's with Spyker 220 electric spreaders on the 3-point hitch. They can throw a spread much wider than 25 feet when needed. Plus speed & width adjustments.

We are buying another T3000 cuz we feel it fits our needs.

Americanlawn is not referring to you... relax, seriously no one is out to get you. BEFORE you were a member on this board, the introduction of the T3000 brought a lot of harsh words from those who were fans and advocates of other units and vice versa. He is typing on those terms.