PDA

View Full Version : Rain and CT

srm077
08-26-2008, 09:09 AM
So I decided to run around and apply 1,2,3, Compost Tea on some yards yesterday as we were supposed to get a bit of rain. Well, according to my home weather station we just hit the 4.5 inch mark and it's still going strong. Is this going to have any sort of negative effect on my results? Most yards now have a inch or two of standing water now.

treegal1
08-26-2008, 09:13 AM
WATER IS LIFE.............

we spray tea(realACT) in the rain all the time !!! 5 days last week, the look from the chem guys is priceless!!!!!

cudaclan
08-26-2008, 12:37 PM
WATER IS LIFE.............

we spray tea(realACT) in the rain all the time !!! 5 days last week, the look from the chem guys is priceless!!!!!

True, oh so true. Especially during herbicide treatment.

srm077
08-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Now at 7 inches- sure it's not a problem?

treegal1
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
True, oh so true. Especially during herbicide treatment. eh , pls explain????

JDUtah
08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Plants are most effected by herbicides while respiration is taking place. Both foliar and systematic(?) herbicides work best when the plant is not drought stressed. When we know we are going to do a noxious weed treatment (out here it's usually Bermuda and bindweed), we make sure the customer waters well the day before. I bet this applies to organic treatments as well...

Actually if I understand right vinegars mode of action is to dissolve the cuticle and leave the plant open to over-dehydration? In which case the opposite watering practices would be most beneficial.

treegal1
08-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Now at 7 inches- sure it's not a problem?dont cry about it we got 38 inches from fay. and yes that is whats raining on you now!!!! and there is another on the on the way, be ready its coming and it will be huge!!!!

treegal1
08-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Plants are most effected by herbicides while respiration is taking place. Both foliar and systematic(?) herbicides work best when the plant is not drought stressed. When we know we are going to do a noxious weed treatment (out here it's usually Bermuda and bindweed), we make sure the customer waters well the day before. I bet this applies to organic treatments as well...

Actually if I understand right vinegars mode of action is to dissolve the cuticle and leave the plant open to over-dehydration? In which case the opposite watering practices would be most beneficial.as well as fatty acids and oil treatments(natural oils) see we can work this organic thing more ways than one, if its raining they get other treatments. dont you think that there is a microbe that can kill weeds and not grass.............. maybe he just came along for the ride in the compost.............

ICT Bill
08-26-2008, 03:33 PM
srm077, Not an issue. We want the microbes down into the soil profile.

Our product is used a lot when overseeding or on new stands of grass and we get great results but it has to be watered like any new seedling think about how much water is put down

Hey you won't have to water for a while for sure

Now get out there and start building that ARK

cudaclan
08-26-2008, 08:22 PM
eh , pls explain????

For surface herbicide treatment, it is more effective if the product remains on the weeds leafs/blades. It is more crucial with a granular product. Post rain/water will minimize the products effectiveness. The lawn should not be cut prior to application. More (leaf/blade) surface area constitutes maximum dosage.

JD hit it on the nose. Similar to drowning fleas in a saucer of water. Not effective as the fleas can "walk" on the water. Add a small drop of soap you break the surface tension and they drown.

Kiril
08-27-2008, 01:17 AM
maybe he just came along for the ride in the compost.............

and that deserves a ...............
Compost does a soil good!