PDA

View Full Version : how much do you decrease your prices by from year to year?

bobbyge
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM
if u started on a customer's lawn, in say, 2003, for say, $400 for the entire program, how much less do u think thier program would cost them in 2008?

JB1
08-26-2008, 05:16 PM
if u started on a customer's lawn, in say, 2003, for say, $400 for the entire program, how much less do u think thier program would cost them in 2008?

at least 10% a year, we are just out for the exercise.

growingdeeprootsorganicly
08-26-2008, 05:16 PM
iv read your bs in other threads, just wondering cause i truly don't what to feed into you but i will this one time only, are you ******ed or just looking for attention?::dizzy::confused::hammerhead:

PROCUT1
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
If nobody is decreasing prices why is lawnmowing a LOT cheaper now than it was 10 years ago?

ericmcj31
08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Who the heck wants to take a pay cut each year?? I've NEVER decreased my prices--I did increase them this year, however!

grassguy_
08-26-2008, 06:28 PM
yeah....uh...fert prices have more than doubled!
Gas prices have continued to climb and a hurricane likely to give another excuse for a price hike!
and no one wanting to work unless they're getting $20.00+ an hour!
hmmmm....
hmmm.....
geeee.....

heck drop prices at least 50% maybe more!!!!:hammerhead:;):sleeping:

WOW! WAKE UP!

HERITAGELANDSCAPING
08-26-2008, 06:36 PM
hey guys give him a break, look at where he's from... THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL!!!!

JB1
08-26-2008, 06:49 PM

first post and thats it.

PSUTURFGEEK
08-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm actually more surprised more guys are not jumping to some other sites based on the amount of total Morons like this who are obviously so valuable to the advertising dept. to do anything about it.

bobbyge
08-26-2008, 07:09 PM
well, now you are all "professionals", aren't you? you see, i know that my first year on a property requires more treatments, more scouting, and more attention. as the years roll on, and we develop a healthier turf, and have the customer educated to the correct watering techniques, we need alot fewer treatments to maintain the now healthy, strong, resistant lawn. a real professional can actually lower the price of the program as the years go on, because there is far less involved in the program. unless, of course....you're delivering unnecesary treatments. but i just know, "professionals" wouldn't do such a thing. would you?

punt66
08-26-2008, 07:13 PM
well, now you are all "professionals", aren't you? you see, i know that my first year on a property requires more treatments, more scouting, and more attention. as the years roll on, and we develop a healthier turf, and have the customer educated to the correct watering techniques, we need alot fewer treatments to maintain the now healthy, strong, resistant lawn. a real professional can actually lower the price of the program as the years go on, because there is far less involved in the program. unless, of course....you're delivering unnecesary treatments. but i just know, "professionals" wouldn't do such a thing. would you?

give me an example of a unnecessary treatment please.

bobbyge
08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
for example i took on this property 4 yrs ago. they had broadleafs + crabgrass. the lawn was thin and malnurished. the first year cost them $550. i did split apps of dimension, 2 blanket broadleaf treatments as well as spot spraying. talstar for sfi. got them on the watering schedule i needed. at the end of the first season, i set myself up for year two with a fall herbicide blanket treatment, and my last fert (nov) being 1.5 lbs of nitrogen. the 2nd year i was able to control the crabgrass with only one dimension, the weeds with only one blnkt treatment and minor spot spraying. i skipped the fall herbicide. year three required no spot treatments at all. by year 3 the lawn was thick and healthy and almost 100% void of any crabgrass or weeds. thier program price, as the years progressed, decreased due to the success of the program.

HERITAGELANDSCAPING
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM
People Are Stupid Animals..... Keep Your Price The Same If Anything Just Because You're Doing Less Doesn't Mean Your Expenses Haven't Increased ........it's Called " Cost Of Living Increase"

punt66
08-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Ok as i see it you renovated the lawn through chemical applications. Now your on a regulart maintenance program. A regular maintenane program will not decrease in price. A renovation with extra applications will of course cost more. But if your new client hired you to take over a healthy lawn then your price should only go up or at the very least stay the same.

philk17088
08-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh Mr Gedd, they do not kinow thee very well doust they?

bobbyge
08-26-2008, 07:38 PM
yes but even the amount of work involved in "routine maint" will decrease as the years go on. that's, if you're good at it, and honest

ted putnam
08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm not sure about France, but here, weed control is a constant battle. I have lawns I have done for 8 yrs now. I at least spot spray weeds every time I visit the lawn...every time! There are a least a handful of weeds. I spray them all. So my answer to your question is no. I do the same amount of work, I always spray weeds and materials never get cheaper...You just fell off the Turnip Truck...right?

punt66
08-26-2008, 08:00 PM
yes but even the amount of work involved in "routine maint" will decrease as the years go on. that's, if you're good at it, and honest

well i disagree with that. Pre emergant and spot praying is routine maintenace in my book. Although we just may be in different climates with different grasses. For some reason i am doubting your in France.

bug-guy
08-26-2008, 08:00 PM
he can afford to lower his prices because he goes to the big box store and rips the bags to get a discount......

punt66
08-26-2008, 08:03 PM
he can afford to lower his prices because he goes to the big box store and rips the bags to get a discount......

hahaha yea im curious to see his rig. he is entertaining.

group501
08-26-2008, 08:31 PM
We try to decrease our prices by at least 10% each year. We now have a handful of customers that we actually have to pay for the honor of servicing their lawn. Good times:dancing:

phasthound
08-26-2008, 08:32 PM

bobbyge,

It took me awhile to catch on. I like what you say, you jog the mind. Anyone who is able to build a successful business by promising to do less over time and fulfill the promise is smarter than most. :)

You're not really from France!

bug-guy
08-26-2008, 09:09 PM
phasthound
stop!!!!!! don't look at his words directly!!! you'll go blind

and get away from there and don't pay any mind to the man behind the curtain

because you see phast you never really left kansas at all

bobbyge
08-26-2008, 09:23 PM
oh no, i'm sorry fellas but i strongly disagree. if you are chasing weeds year after year it means one of two things #1- you suck at it. or #2- you have failed to educate the customer on proper watering. this reminds me of a story, it happened in mid spring this year. i was doing my usual saturday mowing route and stopped in a diner to pee. i saw i guy i know. his name is ED. i said , "hey ed, what's up?" he said , "nothing, i just got done killing the dandelions at my house." i said, "yea, i couldn't help but notice you had a ton of them when i drove by." he said, "yup, but not for long...you see, every year, i kill them. i been doin it like this for 20 yrs." i said, " tell me, ed, just what exactly do you do?" he said, " well, at the end of may, i apply weed and feed with my spreader. within 2 weeks, all the dandelions are dead." i said, "hmmm, and you "kill" them, every year?" he said, "yup, it works great." so i slapped him and left .

ericmcj31
08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
How many "Ed's" are there in France?? Was he eating a croissant?

Hogjaw
08-26-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm sincere, haven't cut prices and don't intend to. Matter of fact we had increase in the fall of 2008.

I get paid for MAINTAINING what I've helped the owner to achieve.

randosh4
08-26-2008, 09:49 PM
Booby Get A Life.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I sell preventative maintenance. What you deem as unnecessary, my customers consider insurance against potential issues.

That being said I do a "buy 2 years, get one free" deal just so I can milk welfare every third year.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Gotta Love Him

ted putnam
08-26-2008, 10:17 PM
I knew a French guy one time...His name was Ed...Ed Smith. He loved fine French cuisine. French Fries, French Toast, French Vanilla Ice Cream, etc...

desii
08-26-2008, 10:26 PM
At one of the parts places I go to they have a sign that reads:

"If Wal-Mart is cutting prices every day, how come nothings free yet?"

Seems to apply to his logic, too! :dizzy:

greendoctor
08-27-2008, 02:09 AM
I do not cut prices, I raise them. Diesel is no longer $1.78 its $5.18. Potassium nitrate is not $20 a bag it is $50. Urea is $25 instead of $18 and I doubt it is coming down any time soon. Not to mention all of the inexpensive, yet effective pesticides have been banned in favor of New!, politically correct! and expensive$$$$$.

NattyLawn
08-27-2008, 07:14 AM
Is the OP the original bobbygedd?

I thought he was banned a few years ago....

AI Inc
08-27-2008, 07:25 AM

Actualy , he lives in your state. Thats right , he,s your competition baby!

phasthound
08-27-2008, 07:38 AM
phasthound
stop!!!!!! don't look at his words directly!!! you'll go blind

and get away from there and don't pay any mind to the man behind the curtain

because you see phast you never really left kansas at all

:) The Wizard of Oz is my all time favorite movie. The message was, don't look towards some "expert" for answers because we have the power to figure it out for ourselves. :)

mngrassguy
08-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Glad I don't do LC in France. I've never had to lower my prices here.

jimithing31
08-30-2008, 12:24 PM

And you really believe he is in France?? :hammerhead::dizzy::laugh:

punt66
08-30-2008, 12:52 PM
He lives in NJ

mngrassguy
08-30-2008, 06:06 PM
If he says he is in France and has to decrease his prices, that makes sense. Here in the good ol' USA, NOPE.:usflag: