PDA

View Full Version : Just a few more question about Christmas lights

umpire
08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I am still trying to iron out a few things for the upcoming holiday season.First of all I now have my website up and will be advertising it soon.Second of all I am trying to get my new pricing system in order.Was just wondering if I charge my existing customers the same price I charged before or tell them I am going with this new pricing system and maybe loose a few of them because of the higher rate I am going to charge. What do you think?

hotrod1965
08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I think everyone has higher prices this year for both materials and labor. So I would tell your old customers due to rising costs...etc here is your price for 2008.
I my opinion, the last thing you want is to charge someone $1000, and then someone else $1200 for the same or less lighting and have them find out about each other.

David Gretzmier
08-27-2008, 09:01 PM
I agree with hotrod. we raised prices on everyone except the folks that were new last year and I already quoted their rehang for 2008 last year. this year because of fuel we had to add around 50-100 to each customer. I am anticipating a 5000 dollar increase in the cost of fuel for me this year alone. Year to year we have been increasing prices steadily on new product to keep up with copper,shipping and steel going up, and value of US dollar to chinese yuan going down every year.

It shocks me that the price we pay for garland and c-9 cord has easily went up 35% or more in 3 years. I remember when good c-9 cord was relatively inexpensive, and now it is over triple what I paid 10 years ago. Funny how the cheap stuff, like wal-mart c-9's, 25 ft per box have been 5 bucks for like, what 15-20 Years ?

all in one clips are up, parapet clips are up, etc. you gotta raise prices to keep up.

hotrod1965
08-27-2008, 09:07 PM
I think big box just makes less on thier lights year after year. Brings in business to buy other big ticket items.