PDA

View Full Version : Ordered our 2nd Z-Spray!!

br549oicu8
08-26-2008, 10:42 PM
I bought a new Z-Spray max last year right after the show in Louisville. It has proven to be an excellent investment.
Now that we have seen what a money maker it has been, I decided to order a 2nd unit. I ordered the Junior and opted for the extra liquid tanks instead of the compartments to haul extra granular fertilizer.
I'll post pics of both once it gets here!!

PUMPED!!!!

Jason Rose
08-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Congrats on the new baby!

Glad to see that you are weathering the 300+ percent increace in fertilizer prices. I haven't even CALLED about fall app prices yet, I'm too afraid. I have a feeling I'm not going to be doing much fertilizer next year.

Real Green
08-27-2008, 12:01 AM
I bought a new Z-Spray max last year right after the show in Louisville. It has proven to be an excellent investment.
Now that we have seen what a money maker it has been, I decided to order a 2nd unit. I ordered the Junior and opted for the extra liquid tanks instead of the compartments to haul extra granular fertilizer.

PUMPED!!!!

Congrats on the new purchase! It's a great feeling when you find the right equipment that works for your needs. Enjoy and take care!

robertsturf
08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
What did you have to pay for the Junior? How many more gallons does it hold with the extra tanks?

grassman177
08-27-2008, 08:28 PM
each extra rear tank hold 7 gal. i think we paid about 8200 for it, but my dad would know better since he paid for it.haha. so the junior had 18 gal tank to start and we added 14 more. i think it will be better this way.

robertsturf
08-27-2008, 10:07 PM
I am sorry to be a bother, but how does that compare price-wise to an Intermediate Z?

br549oicu8
08-27-2008, 10:56 PM
The intermediate is a little more expensive. The big thing is the width. The Junior is about 4-6 inches narrower. We needed something a little smaller to compliment our Max.
The intermediate has a 200 pound hopper over the 100 that the junior has. It isn't that big of a deal to us between those 2 as we already have thet 200 capability with the max.
We should get the unit either Friday or next Tuesday.
I'll be sure to post some side by side pics!

ZSpray Info
08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Buddy,

Sorry, we couldn't get your machine out today, it will ship tomorrow. Here it is hot off the press. It can spray 96,000 sq feet with the 1/3 gallon per 1000 sq ft. Has the ability to hold separately 3 different products. 100' of hose on the Cox hose reel. We think you will be very happy. We enjoy customizing our machines to our customers needs.

gregory
08-28-2008, 05:31 PM
my jr doesn't have th fold out booms on it....is that b/c mine is the 36" or did you add those to it?

i am just joe home onwer and i love my jr its great...when i need help you guys have been there to help me...

ZSpray Info
08-28-2008, 05:39 PM
my jr doesn't have th fold out booms on it....is that b/c mine is the 36" or did you add those to it?

i am just joe home onwer and i love my jr its great...when i need help you guys have been there to help me...

Yes, on the Jr36 we have to use a 2 Turbo flood jet tip to spray 8', so no boom. The regular Junior uses 4 Air Injected tips that have to have 20" spacing between them, which makes the front of the machine 40" wide.

teeca
08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
thats like an extra 112# over the rear wheels, coupled with the smaller 100# hopper, you should beable to conquer some pretty good hillsides with that 'urban assult' vehicle.. looks great

Grandview
08-28-2008, 07:48 PM

PUMPED!!!!

Did you test the Intermediate and Junior. I have quite a few small lawns and was wondering if the Junior is more maneuverable than the Max or Intermediate. I think more liquid capacity is more important than hopper size.

americanlawn
08-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I like the idea of using the Max on larger properties and the Junior on smaller ones. I tried both, and they spread & spray great. Seems like a good match.

Questions I have: Will your Junior fit through 36" gates? How well do each of these units handle wet hills & slippery slopes? What degree of slope can these units handle safely? 15, 25, 35, 45? Is it easy to steer & handle while keeping correct pattern widths when operating on properties that are not flat? How about steering and operating spread/spray patterns in areas that are not wide open and are not flat? Do you have to skip properties (in a tight route) cuz neither unit is able to treat them due to wet turf, small gates, or grades too steep?

rscvp, thanks

PUMPED!!!!

grassman177
08-28-2008, 10:57 PM
i cant remember , i think it will fit through 3.5 ft gate, which is most here. the hillside ability is great, buty just dont face it down hill like with a ztr but worse, the fert will drag you down the hiill to no avail. i spray with the max now and do some pretty tough hills just fine but after praticing on many flat yards first to get the hang of it. we have not tried the junior yet to give an opinion because it is in the phot courtesy of zspray in route to us now!!! but obviously we love the products if we are buying another now in time for round 5 . we are almost retiring the tank trucks due to the ability of these machines. we have a foam marker on the max and it is a must for the big properties to ensure no overlap and non treated areas. i dont think you will need it for the junior since we are using it for the small yds

ZSpray Info
08-29-2008, 05:03 PM
Here you go, we just loaded it on the FedEx truck. It should arrive Wednesday.

br549oicu8
08-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Talk about service!!! Pics of my unit being loaded!! You guys are awesome!!!

Buddy

FERT-TEK
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Looks great, please don't forget to post how it performed vs. the Max once you get it out in your route. The Z-spray line has intrigued me for a while now and I am now comparing them against the competition. I still don't know which Z would serve me better and am interested in how some of the Z owners have set them up. If I remember right you said that the way this one is set up you can fit through a 36" gate. If I am wrong please correct me. That is one of my hanging points with whatever I buy.

br549oicu8
08-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Looks great, please don't forget to post how it performed vs. the Max once you get it out in your route. The Z-spray line has intrigued me for a while now and I am now comparing them against the competition. I still don't know which Z would serve me better and am interested in how some of the Z owners have set them up. If I remember right you said that the way this one is set up you can fit through a 36" gate. If I am wrong please correct me. That is one of my hanging points with whatever I buy.

We bought one that will go thru a 42 inch gate, not a 36. However, we did opt for 100 feet of hose so we can catch the inside of smaller back fenced in yards.

I will post the comparison once we get this new baby out!!!

americanlawn
08-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Great point. We have a 550/250 split tank spray rig that is not being used much at all anymore. We run one TURFCO unit that is now treating the big lawns we used to spray with our tanker. We are pulling hoses on the rest right now.

When we demo'd the Z-Max, the grass was wet & it had rained for days. So it probably was not a fair test. The Junior model we tried was too big for 36" gates, but I know L.T. Rich has one that does. Plus they can custom build to customer specs.

I also think a foam marker is a must for large properties. Richway Mfg (Iowa) has good ones (priced decent) that will fit nicely on any ride-on.

Congrats on your purchase. Very well built. :usflag:

i cant remember , i think it will fit through 3.5 ft gate, which is most here. the hillside ability is great, buty just dont face it down hill like with a ztr but worse, the fert will drag you down the hiill to no avail. i spray with the max now and do some pretty tough hills just fine but after praticing on many flat yards first to get the hang of it. we have not tried the junior yet to give an opinion because it is in the phot courtesy of zspray in route to us now!!! but obviously we love the products if we are buying another now in time for round 5 . we are almost retiring the tank trucks due to the ability of these machines. we have a foam marker on the max and it is a must for the big properties to ensure no overlap and non treated areas. i dont think you will need it for the junior since we are using it for the small yds

robertsturf
08-29-2008, 09:12 PM
Awesome looking machine!! How much do those tanks cost each?

br549oicu8
08-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Awesome looking machine!! How much do those tanks cost each?

Best thing to do is call Andy at Z-Spray. He'll fix you right up!!!

Gold86
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
I've been looking at these lately, how does the z-spray junior (not 36) and permagreen compare on the width of spray and spread.

ZSpray Info
01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
I've been looking at these lately, how does the z-spray junior (not 36) and permagreen compare on the width of spray and spread.

The Junior has a spray width of 8' by using 4 Air Injected nozzles. The nozzles are mounted on a 3 section fold away boom. It can spray widths of 2, 4, 6 , or 8'. We use a hydraulic hopper motor to give us a variable spread width of 4 to 25 feet.

We can easily spread and spray at the same time by setting the spread pattern to 16' and throwing back to the tires tracks, creating a nice overlap of granular while the spray matches up perfectly at ground speeds of 5 mph. If you had an all granular app, you could spread 25' @ 8 mph.:weightlifter:

grassman177
01-20-2009, 03:06 AM
we loved this new baby. man, no more push spreading!@1!!!!

it worked really well in tight areas and its very very manueverable. wow . it gets the job done fast too. i took both out several days on round 5 this past year and just made stupid time out of our lawns that in the spring before i had this new one had to go back and spray by hose and reel. bottom line is it made me money and worked like a charm.

GREEN-UP
01-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Cant agree more. Since owning the first model z spray(which is since been retired,but still works fine) my life as a fert guy has been easier. I can get soooo much more done in a day and the profits show. Going on 3rd year with our intermediate and only changed the oil so far. No breakdowns,built tough.

grassman177
01-20-2009, 08:22 PM
we are considering the fert only model vs the jrco spreaders we use now on our mowers for extra hands to use, they rust the crap out of the mowers and we are not liking that anymore.

americanlawn
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
To the best of our knowledge, all Z-Sprays can spread & spray at the same time. Great units that are well built. We tested all sizes (at their plant), and all could spread & spray just fine. All units were powerful & fun to drive. Looking forward to seeing them Thursday at the Iowa Turf Show. :waving:

If you're looking for a spreader for a zero-turn mower...I suggest a Spyker electric spreader, cuz there's none better. IMO

we are considering the fert only model vs the jrco spreaders we use now on our mowers for extra hands to use, they rust the crap out of the mowers and we are not liking that anymore.

The Ranger
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
don't you just love this machine. We got rid of our PG's and made the move to Zspray about 3 yrs ago. What a great decesion. They out perform the PG's like a nascar car to a bus.

grassman177
01-21-2009, 10:22 AM
yeah, a spreader only model. we have guys that only spread dry material along with us while we spray. just an idea. we ;use the spreader mounted to the mowers already to accompany the zsprays. we dont want that any longer due to the amount of rust on the mowers despite all efforts. it prematurly wears out the moving parts on the mowers that we are trying to get more use on them.

just wonedering if anyone ever used or purcahsed a spread only zspray

morturf
01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I own 2 spread only and 2 spray only. They are the best thing I ever invested in. I have mine customized to make them work for me. You can't go wrong.

JLWC
01-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Is there a z spray rep in oklahoma city area

lifetree
01-21-2009, 09:40 PM
So where are thie pictures of the 2 Z-Spray units side by side ??

DUSTYCEDAR
01-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Yeah where is the pics

grassman177
01-22-2009, 05:43 PM
i can get some, sorry my dad forgot about that i think, by the way, i think we are going to get another jr zspray , just made better sense in the end. if we do, we wil have some jrco spreders for sale!!!!!!!!!!!

br549oicu8
01-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Haha!! Good one!! Yes...we will be getting rid of at least on of our JRCO spreaders. Not bad machines..but nobody wants to use them after using a Z-Spray. My son (above post) mentioned we will probably buy another Junior. After chatting at length with the Z-Spray gods I think I'll step up a notch and add an intermediate. The 200 pound hopper makes sense and the width of it is workable for our accounts.

Guess I better get the pics I mentioned a long time ago. See what happens when you get old!! LOL!!!

grassman177
01-23-2009, 04:50 PM
i took a bunch of pics today with my phone, but cant figure how to transfer to the computer yet. my phone wont email them to me for some reason so i am looking for software to access my hard drive on the phone. when i do, i will post pics of all kinds of stuff, sprayers, shop, etc

grassman177
01-26-2009, 11:23 PM
i got these pics the other day when it was cold as hell. i also am putting a picture thread of our shop and stuff in that forum, look for it!!!!!!!!!!

ted putnam
01-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Suuweeeeeeet.

grassman177
01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
thanks, we think so . we have an intermediate coming now. that makes three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robertsturf
01-27-2009, 10:33 AM
That's awesome!! Do you guy's service in Leavenworth only or the surrounding areas? I didn't think that city was that big.

br549oicu8
01-27-2009, 02:18 PM
We do Leavenworth, Lansing, Basehor, and Leavenworth County.

grassman177
01-27-2009, 02:53 PM
we are currently treating around 9-10 million ftsq. with three applicators that also mow and everything else. we take turns sharing the units msot of the time .the latest sqft count is still on the table with new spring work not included yet of course.

ZSpray Info
01-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Here are some pics of Grassman's & BR549's new machine in assembly.
We included a pic of our new Silent Exhaust muffler. It is aluminized for better corrosion protection.

We will try to put pics throughout the assembly process.

grassman177
01-28-2009, 05:19 PM
whao, that some neat stuff there

br549oicu8
01-28-2009, 09:13 PM
That looks pretty sweet there Andy!!!!!
We'll definitely be ready this season with three Z's headed out the door!!!
Life is gooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!

:usflag:

ZSpray Info
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Here are some more pics from late today.

br549oicu8
01-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Pretty sweet!! Thanks for posting the assembly pics. I am gonna have to make it over there some day to check it out personally. My guys are really pumped about getting a 3rd Z-Spray. We calculated the difference in time it takes with the Z-Spray vs. our old "dragging a hose around" method.
It takes 1/4 the time with the Z-Spray as it did the old way on most properties. The guys love being able to do 4 times what they did without being worn out!!!

Keep the pics coming.....and I guess I better make room in the shop for another serious money maker!!!!!

grassman177
01-30-2009, 03:23 PM
cant wait till it arrives, i want to come see the facilities too, we will have to make it there in the near future to visit

br549oicu8
02-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Our Z-Sprays with a cheesy pose!!! LOL!!!

grassman177
02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
wowo, looking bad in that pic

ZSpray Info
02-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Here is the finished product. I put in an up close pic of the valve system to choose between the 3 tanks.

grassman177
02-02-2009, 02:16 PM
i cant wait. that is so cool. we appreciate you putting these pics online for us to see

br549oicu8
02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
The Z!! The Z!! The Z has arrived!!!!!
Pics soon.....................:usflag:

rcreech
02-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Here is the finished product. I put in an up close pic of the valve system to choose between the 3 tanks.

WOW!

NICE!

Think I may add another tank on the back of mine now!

DUSTYCEDAR
02-03-2009, 02:24 PM
the pics r great
it must be winter we like pics of iron.

br549oicu8
02-03-2009, 02:25 PM
WOW!

NICE!

Think I may add another tank on the back of mine now!

Cool thing is being able to have different mixes and just switch tanks!!

rcreech
02-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Cool thing is being able to have different mixes and just switch tanks!!

That was another thing that helped me make my decision! I have always ran Quick Silver with every tank mix...but now I may just put the QS in the Aux tanks and "spot spray" the hard to kill weeds after treating the whole lawn.

That alone will proabably save me a couple grand this year!

grassman177
02-03-2009, 02:45 PM
withthat capabilty these tanks can really cut product usage and time down . i use the multiple capabilities often for insect and fungus control while i am also out doing regular apps, that way there is no special trip involved. very great to have that option. we unloaded the thrid zspray today and i will uncrate in later or tommorrow. and then post some pics for yall to drool over, hah. yep it is winter alright, iron is ggogooooodddd

grassman177
02-03-2009, 02:46 PM
THANKS LT RICH, YOU DAM GOOD. cant wait to get her dirty!!!!!!!!!

rcreech
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
withthat capabilty these tanks can really cut product usage and time down . i use the multiple capabilities often for insect and fungus control while i am also out doing regular apps, that way there is no special trip involved. very great to have that option. we unloaded the thrid zspray today and i will uncrate in later or tommorrow. and then post some pics for yall to drool over, hah. yep it is winter alright, iron is ggogooooodddd

Thinking about chroming out my rims or atleast making them silver!

What do you think that would look like?

br549oicu8
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
I wonder how chrome plating would hold up?? Sounds pretty awesome in appearance..
If ya do it let us know!!!

grassman177
02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
ya, that woudl be neat. the chems and fert have eaten off all the paint on our first zspray. of course we never cleaned them!! i think we are gong to take them off and remove the rust and repain with a chem resistan paint. we are gon to wash off the wheels etc a little more this year!

a plus bob
02-04-2009, 12:55 PM
ya, that woudl be neat. the chems and fert have eaten off all the paint on our first zspray. of course we never cleaned them!! i think we are gong to take them off and remove the rust and repain with a chem resistan paint. we are gon to wash off the wheels etc a little more this year!

I am thinking about painting mine then spraying clear chip gaurd over it.The stuff they spray on bottom of truck beds and cab corners.new z unboxed yet?

br549oicu8
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I am thinking about painting mine then spraying clear chip gaurd over it.The stuff they spray on bottom of truck beds and cab corners.new z unboxed yet?

I think Ralph (Grassman) uncrated it yesterday afternoon. I haven't been to the shop since then but plan to go later today and work there in the office this evening. Sure looked nice in the crate!!!!
Chip Guard huh...hmmmm. Sounds like a real possibility!!

grassman177
02-04-2009, 07:40 PM
i plan on getting pics in the morning and posting inthe afternoon. i havent even used this new intermediate but riding around the lot i think i will like this one the best

ZSpray Info
02-05-2009, 10:57 AM
You could go "NASCAR style" on your wheels.

RABBITMAN11
02-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Nice Andy! Let make a deal.

br549oicu8
02-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Vroooooooooom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet looking!! I may just have to do something like that to ours....

grassman177
02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
is that a max with a third tank on the front???? i am jelous

a plus bob
02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
You could go "NASCAR style" on your wheels.

Andy where is the gas tank ? How about showing these guys your real speed machine (your bike)

DUSTYCEDAR
02-05-2009, 01:47 PM
i need to hit the lotto so i can get all the new toys i need

br549oicu8
02-05-2009, 02:08 PM
The sparkly new Z-Spray Intermediate sitting in our shop...
So perfect!! Too bad we have to get it dirty!! LOL!!!
The new one looks great! I noticed a few differences for the better, also. I have to give it up to L.T. Rich. They are constantly looking to improve their product, not just standing back and saying.."Aren't we good?"
Thanks guys!!

Buddy

grassman177
02-05-2009, 05:29 PM
here is some better pics from today, this is zspray number 3. it makes lawn spraying fun and easy. can you fall in love with a machine???

grassman177
02-05-2009, 05:30 PM
and one more. this is me showing my happy face of a proud owner and user of a fine product. really bad shot huh, you can see right up the nose!!!!!!!!!!

a plus bob
02-05-2009, 05:38 PM
Is this your first machine with locking casters?

br549oicu8
02-05-2009, 05:39 PM
and one more. this is me showing my happy face of a proud owner and user of a fine product. really bad shot huh, you can see right up the nose!!!!!!!!!!

Don't owners of equipment usually pay for them???

Hmmmm.....

The Dad figure aka the Bill Payer.......

grassman177
02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
yes the first with locking casters. excited about that. i posted the pics of the locking mechanisms so if no one had seen them before now they could. pretty ingenious design.

grassman177
02-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Don't owners of equipment usually pay for them???

Hmmmm.....

The Dad figure aka the Bill Payer.......

well, you cant spray or use them so it is al the same company, i see no difference. i make the money with the machine so you can buy more!:clapping: ahhahahahhaha

a plus bob
02-05-2009, 05:51 PM
My wife wrote the check for ours so I guess its hers dont care still gonna use it.At least she didnt buy a turfco!

br549oicu8
02-05-2009, 06:07 PM
well, you cant spray or use them so it is al the same company, i see no difference. i make the money with the machine so you can buy more!:clapping: ahhahahahhaha

Kids....they sure don't give their elders the respect they deserve!!!! LOL!!!!

Today wouldn't be here without yesteryear leading the way.....

grassman177
02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
he has a point, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

grassman177
02-05-2009, 06:13 PM
eihter way, we are blessed with fanstastic equipment to get the jobs done, that is important. crappy equipment is not fun to work with for anyone

ted putnam
02-05-2009, 06:21 PM

I see you take after your dad...the good lookin fella in his avatar...:laugh::laugh:

br549oicu8
02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
The little "squirt" is a "spittin" image!!!!!
:cool2:

a plus bob
02-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Lets see the line up all 3 together!:clapping:

a plus bob
02-10-2009, 04:56 PM
how about pictures of your Z fleet.Since I cant have 3 I will have to enjoy looking at yours.