PDA

View Full Version : So this is what I have

PlatSpeed
08-27-2008, 02:04 AM
I bought a craftsman I think LT3000. Just for resedential work. Till I get the money for a zero turn. But th cut seems to be really bad. It also leaves patches of grass uncut. ANd with the mulching kit I still have grass clippings laying around. So I think I am going to return it. I was looking at the cu cadet LT1045. Getting mixed reviews. but the deck makes it sound a little nicer than my craftsman. 46 compared to 42. I want a JD but i only have around 1500 +/- a little. So I would like to get the best deal possible. Please help point me in the right direction. I have a little OCD. o things need to be pretty perfect. Everyone likes the lawns. but to me its not good enough. And I thin the mow has a lot to do with it. Thanks for your help.

milkie62
08-27-2008, 02:08 AM
A couple of years ago I needed to work on my JD316 garden tractor.For the interim I bought a Scotts lawn tractor with bagger for $400 at a garage sale.It had 144 hrs on it.!7hp Kohler.I was pretty impressed for what it was and with the cut.Still use it in the fall to bag my leaves.

browningv308
08-27-2008, 05:47 PM
just start checking with the dealers in your area about picking up a used or last years demo when i bought my house several years ago i wanted to buy the best mower for my money i started by looking at sears and lowes mowers and was going to buy 1 from them until i stopped in a xmark dealer and found a 1 year old dealer demo walk behind for the same price i ended up getting it and have been happy with it ever since especially glad i bought it because now that i mow for living with it i think it was a good decision if i had bought a sears rider i probably wouldn't even thought about trying to make a dollar with it

dura to the max
08-28-2008, 11:23 PM
look at used commercial walk behids. i have bought 6 or 7 GREAT ones in the $200-1400 range. a belt drive will be fine for start-up, i have run them for years and only run a hydro now b/c of the deal i got on it. a commercial machine in this price range will blow anything that is a residential rider out of the water. by the way, most of the residential riders that you mentioned (even the jd) are built by the same company under different names... used commercial walk behind is the way to go.

Sweet Tater
08-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Dude, I just broke out the crapsman mower from the back of the barn, after mowing for 2 years with a zero turn I can't imagine mowing with that thing. you arms will hurt you so bad after the first lawn and talk about a bad cut. Find a used or demo ztr or worse case finance it, but dont waste your money on a home owner mower, thats money better spent on a down payment of a good mower.

Green Team Landscaping
08-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Check eBay and craigslist. They're got some good deals there. Just be aware or scammers, and total pieces of crap that wont start when you get them. There are good deals out there, go find them.