PDA

View Full Version : A couple of photos from my first major install.

Venturewest
08-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I took these screen captures from a collage I made on my shutterfly sight. I still had some tweaks to make when these were taken, but my photographer had only this night available.

The developer spent $$$,$$$ on the water feature so they really wanted it lit up. I will go back and get some more pics of the water when the pumps are turned on.

This was a lot of fun. I know I have a lot to learn about design, but I could get into this.

klkanders
08-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Its lookin good! Looking forward to the water feature shots. Nice work!

Keith

Chris J
08-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Nice work Venture!

JoeyD
08-27-2008, 05:23 PM
very nice!!

NightScenes
08-27-2008, 06:35 PM
You're rockin now.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Hey way to go!... I remember you asking about design advice on this one a while back.

Looks good, and nice photos too.

Mike M
08-27-2008, 08:22 PM
I like how those trees don't cut off the light at the trunks. Are those birch trees?

nobagger
08-27-2008, 09:29 PM
WOW looks awesome!

Plant Buyer 83
08-27-2008, 10:00 PM
I like how those trees don't cut off the light at the trunks. Are those birch trees?

Yes looks good, nice work.

Agreed they look like Birch to me.

Chris J
08-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Why do lawn care guys list there equipment in their signature line? I get the feeling they like their lawn mower more than they like their wife! :laugh: Jeez man, this is funny stuff! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lite4
08-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Very nice work!! Very nice photos.

David Gretzmier
08-28-2008, 12:45 AM
good looking photos. great work !:cool2:

Venturewest
08-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement! I have to be honest, I was kind of afraid to post the pics for fear I would get bashed.

Yeah James this is the one I had posted asking for help on.

Thanks for everyone's help. I am going semi-annual maintenance on this one also. I hope this is a launcher.

JoeyD
08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Why do lawn care guys list there equipment in their signature line? I get the feeling they like their lawn mower more than they like their wife! :laugh: Jeez man, this is funny stuff! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know in alot of the off road and car forums I read and lurk in that guys always list the modifications, parts, and vehicles they own. It is sort of a forum norm. I can see why as a lighting guy we might not get it. I mean what do we list?

Wire Strippers
Hilti Core Drill
Wire Staples
5 in 1 Screw Driver
Fish Tape
Wire Spinner
Amp Probe
Volt Meter
Wire Finder
Conduit
Etc................

LOL:laugh:

EOL
09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Hey great work
Venture. Still waiting on those water feature pics.

Venturewest
09-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks Efrain.

I need to get back out there and take some more photos. The contractor that installed the water feature used 10 fixtures in the falls with polycarbote lenses. The lenses had turned yellow and even blackened causing a terrible amber hue. Nightscaping warranteed the lenses but it took a while to get them, and get them installed. Has anyone else ever had this problem with plastic lenses? Fixture is rated at 50W but I was told it is best not to go over 20W.

Now the feature looks really good. I need to get some more shots for sure.

Malibu landscape
09-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks Efrain.

I need to get back out there and take some more photos. The contractor that installed the water feature used 10 fixtures in the falls with polycarbote lenses. The lenses had turned yellow and even blackened causing a terrible amber hue. Nightscaping warranteed the lenses but it took a while to get them, and get them installed. Has anyone else ever had this problem with plastic lenses? Fixture is rated at 50W but I was told it is best not to go over 20W.

Now the feature looks really good. I need to get some more shots for sure.

what bulb is in there and what wattage? If it's not fully underwater when it's on I'd imagine 50 watts would be a no no and maybe that's what happened

Venturewest
10-01-2008, 10:15 AM
They had MR16 50W 60 deg in them. Most are above the water line but even the ones that are submerged now may have been above the water when the waterfall pumps were down for a few months. I am still not a fan of the fixture. There are 8 screws on the each lens. They all have 20W in them now and they are plenty bright.

BZACK
10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Nice control of your lighting. I like the rather soft lighting of the rocks contrasted with directional lighting of birch tree trunks and foliage. Was that one (or more?) uplights per tree?

Bill

Malibu landscape
10-01-2008, 10:12 PM
They had MR16 50W 60 deg in them. Most are above the water line but even the ones that are submerged now may have been above the water when the waterfall pumps were down for a few months. I am still not a fan of the fixture. There are 8 screws on the each lens. They all have 20W in them now and they are plenty bright.

Not to defend the manufacturer but that's probably what happened. At 50 watts the whole fixture would always need to be under water to keep it cool while it's on. Acrylic is plastic and 50 watt fixtures get extremely hot out of water especially if they are brass or copper

TXNSLighting
10-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeh theres not alota places for a 50w bulb. Very tall trees or buildings is all. 20 watter is plenty!