PDA

View Full Version : Bear Cat Chippers (Echo)

equip4u
08-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Have any of you used the bear cat chippers? What do you think of them? Reports I hear of them sounds fairly encouraging.

Ramairfreak98ss
08-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Have any of you used the bear cat chippers? What do you think of them? Reports I hear of them sounds fairly encouraging.

i have never used one first hand, but know others who have and like them, most of their stuff bridges the gap between low/intermediate end and HIGH end such as morbark/vermeer and the biggest stuff out there.

They have some nice PTO chippers probably the nicest ones personally and thats what im looking to get for one of our tractors eventually.

jkason
08-28-2008, 05:44 PM
They work pretty well.
Home Depot rents them (if they have a rental center at that store).

RLLServicesCT
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM
I dont know what size you are looking for but, I have a 5 hp 3'' cap. that I regret buying. Mainly I assume your getting a bigger one, but for me I just needed it to handle light brush work. However I could have spent about 600 more on the 8 hp model, but than it would have cost 1600? and for what a little chipper. Next season im selling it and buying a used 6'' cap. Make sure if you do buy one, go for top hp or the highest you can.....