PDA

View Full Version : Leaf box dilemma - Truck or Trailer?

Herrick
08-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Getting ready to build a leaf box to go with my new (to me) billy goat truck loader... I've been going back and forth between putting it in the back of the truck, or building one on the trailer. Here's the run down...

Truck is a 2007 Dodge Ram Mega Cab... box is just a hair over 6' long. Idea here was to add 2' sideboards and a mesh tarp over the top, mount the loader to the front of the trailer and shoot the leaves in through the back. I'm concerned about tearing the truck up, and about having enough room for material. it would be nice to try to use my loadhandler to unload the truck at the end of the day.

Trailer is an open 18' with 18" metal rails down either side... I was thinking about a 5-6' tall box about 4-6' long and the width of the trailer (about 6') located at the FRONT of the trailer. Again, mount the loader on the front of the trailer and shoot the leaves in through the front of the box. Concern here is getting the material out of the box... best way I can figure is a pitchfork, or using the loader to suck the material back out of the box.

I'll be dumping at my house down a ravine... a dump trailer or insert would be ideal, but I don't have the money right now.

What has worked well for you guys? Other ideas I may not be thinking about?