PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Or Npr

traviswalker007
08-27-2008, 01:29 PM
He guy's just wanted to know your thoughts on a trailer or NPR. We use all 4x4 trucks with trailers beacuse we plow in the winter so the trucks run year aoround, but the hassels with the repairs is a joke, flat tires, bearings, lights, ect....the maintenace is killin me, so should we switch to a npr with current desiel prices or stay with the gassers and deal with the probs....let me know

Gravel Rat
08-27-2008, 07:39 PM
Are you making a lawn truck ?

If so go with a cabover get rid of the rotten trailers. You get everything onto one truck its easier to move around etc.

A trailer is okay for wide open spaces but if your dealing with crowed streets or situations where you can't turn around a trailer is a pain.

1cooltreeguy
08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
NPR NPR NPR all the way....

Bobdidit
08-27-2008, 10:23 PM
I am looking into the NPR's as well. I am leaning towards a box truck and having a fold down ramp added on. This gives me the flexibility of leaving all of my equipment on the truck and creating a big "ol" traveling billboard. Furthermore, I am trying to eliminate pulling in and out of a garage, I just messed up my garage door and had to replace the shaft on my Stihl edger--something I have avoided to do a thousand times or so; really not wanting to repeat that. But before I sell myself totally, I figure that I need to ask more questions. I am leaning towards 16 foot bed and I expect to haul approximately 1100-1800 lbs regularly with all of my equipment. So giving you my wants and desires: beat me up on what I should/shouldn't do and give me the why's. I really would like to know what size of truck engine wise I would need and or should expect, and what kind of mileage would be considered fair to expect. Thanks for any/all thoughts.:dancing:

Bobdidit
08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Sorry Travis, didn't think to get your name before posting and it wouldn't let me go back to find.

traviswalker007
08-27-2008, 10:36 PM
My delema is that we snow plow, and i dont want something sitting in the shop not making money. I found 2 from a local scaper here in town both are 1999 Isuzu with brand new 18ft dove tail beds both have close to 200,000 miles on them but being a desiel i have been told they last forever but my luck they would be in the shop. They really have there advantages and as far as fuel economy they beat any truck pulling a 18ft trailer loaded for bear...so i just dont know..

Tadams
08-27-2008, 10:51 PM
I bought an NPR 16' box truck with dove tail on it about 2 years ago and for maintenance you just can't beat a cabover! As far as snow-plowing I have no idea. We don't get much snow in GA :clapping:

Gravel Rat
08-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Snow plowing with a cab over is impossible. Snow plowing is non existant where I live so its not something I have to worry about.

For a mowing truck a cab over is the best bet.