PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone haul a mini x in a dump trailer?

MJM316
08-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey everyone first post here! Been browsing for a couple weeks and for the most part i like what I see. I guess the title pretty much sums up the question. A little more info on me... I am looking at buying a mini x 6-8000lb range. I'm not set on a brand yet,just been out talking to the local dealers seeing what will be available between now and spring. I have a '06 Chev 3/4 ton that I will be pulling the equipment with. Any pro's or con's to using a dump trailer. Thanks

Green Team Landscaping
08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
A lot of people do thast kind of stuff around here. Except they put skid steers in except. It seems like a pain to get it in since I dont believe they have a a ramp.

Dirt Digger2
08-27-2008, 08:46 PM
i have seen them hauled in roll off containers before...as long as the trailer can handle it you should be fine...after all most dump trailer have tiedowns built into them am i correct?

MJM316
08-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Ya most do have D rings welded in them

Dirtman2007
08-27-2008, 09:02 PM
yeah we haul our takeuchi in the dump trailer. Trailer does have ramps that fit up under the trailer but they are a pain and are heavy as hell to try and get them back in place by yourself. We usually just throw them in the back of the trailer. there are 4 tie downs in it, but we just throw a chain across the blade and call it good.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/007.jpg

MJM316
08-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey Chris, nice looking set up you have there! Pretty much exactly what I am looking for. What length trailer do you have? Do you wish it was longer or shorter? Thanks

bobcatexc
08-27-2008, 10:21 PM
I've used one of our dump trailers to haul mini exc before to save trip back to shop to pick up tilt trailer. We don't have ramps on dump trailer I just picked up one end of excavator and set tracks on trailer and then spin around and push and walk machine on in trailer.

Scag48
08-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Have I done it? Yes. Would I do it every day? Absolutely not. Dump trailers are a real hassle to load equipment into. It can be done, but if an equipment trailer is much more suitable for hauling.