PDA

View Full Version : How much work from your sites?

detroitjoker
08-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Evening all,

I was just wondering how much work everyone averages from their site? I am currently trying to hone in my adwords. I am getting clicks, but no major bites. Fortunately I landed a pretty good pressure washing job that more than paid for itself having only spent $2.50.
The reason I ask is because AT&T claims to be able to get me 90 leads per month in the lawn area and besides not being able to handle that yet, I think they are full of it. Anyone have anything on this?

Thanks,

Chris

detroitjoker
08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
For what its worth, here is the site.

http://cjsoutdoorservices.com/

MowHouston
08-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Your site looks simple and professional.

First things first: What is your main niche? Is it lawn service or power washing?

If it is lawn service, swap out the positioning of your "Services" descriptions on your Services page. Putting myself in the customer's shoes, I feel like your lawn service is second in priority to your power washing. Might just be me though.

Are you using only keywords to attract lawn service customers? Or are you targeting power washing, etc?

I've got no experience with the other stuff, but I know I get about a 1:20 click to estimate request ration on google.

I would consider putting a "Lawn Service starting at $xx.xx" on the page. I've found that people hitting my site are often price shopping. I'll watch a customer come to my site, click right to our prices, then leave. A few days later... the same customer is back on the site and submits an estimate request. If you give that price in their head, while their shopping around, they'll remember and come back to you later if they feel you are a good deal. You dont have to give ALL of your prices, that may not work for you. But a minimum helps the customer while they are shopping.

Try an actual estimate request form. Kinda like you have with your contact form.

This form will get you leads. Some people dont want to call. They just want to check your page out, and they go "Well. I dont know how much this costs. I'll just have them call me"

The form should have places for their name, all of their contact info, and services requested. This also lets them see what exact services you have to offer... mowing, fertilization, weeding, pruning, mulching.. etc

By the time you've gotten home and you see all this info. All you need to do is look over it, call the customer, schedule an estimate with them. Your foot is already in the door.

The code for it is the same as your contact form with just a few more entries.

I personally only do mowing. Got tired of the other stuff. I dont even visit my customer's properties for estimates. I've got a pretty good method of doing it by square footage.

In my case I've got my website planned out so that the customer can hit the site, enter their zip code to see if we service their area, then continue on to an online price quote and get their service price within just a minute or so.

I dont even deal with estimate requests anymore because my variables are so simple, its just easier to give it to them right then and there.

From there, they schedule service online, I call them, get their credit card info, let them know when we'll be out and get them on the routing.

Hope all of this info helps you out. Here in Houston, I can bring in about 30 customers a month with adwords (customers, not leads). I'm not sure about how well it works up there but I know cities differ.

Here in Galveston where I actually live, I get ZERO clicks from adwords when trying to expand my business down here. Go figure. Everyone still uses the local paper. :D

cbscreative
08-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Personally, I think the web is still in its infancy for many services. If you service buisnesses, many of them wouldn't know where the phone book is any more, so not being on the web is a business killer. For residential, the phone book still rules in certain market demographics. Retirees are more likely to use the phone book, radio, TV, or a newspaper ad, while the 20 or 30 something group is more likely to use the web.

All the research being done indicates that in a few years, those without an effective web site will be at a serious disadvantage, and it's already happening in many industries. So while you may be asking how much business you get from a web site now (assuming you show up on search engines), in a few years, those without a web site will be asking why their advertising is not working.

There is also another consideration that often gets missed. People use the web to get information. Some of your business could be coming from a web presence without you realizing it. Someone can research you on the web, then call you and not mention that they did their research online first. I think it's dangerous to assume that everyone using the phone to contact you has used a phone book. You can't always accurately trace where your leads are really coming from.

MowHouston
08-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Personally, I think the web is still in its infancy for many services. If you service buisnesses, many of them wouldn't know where the phone book is any more, so not being on the web is a business killer. For residential, the phone book still rules in certain market demographics. Retirees are more likely to use the phone book, radio, TV, or a newspaper ad, while the 20 or 30 something group is more likely to use the web.

All the research being done indicates that in a few years, those without an effective web site will be at a serious disadvantage, and it's already happening in many industries. So while you may be asking how much business you get from a web site now (assuming you show up on search engines), in a few years, those without a web site will be asking why their advertising is not working.

There is also another consideration that often gets missed. People use the web to get information. Some of your business could be coming from a web presence without you realizing it. Someone can research you on the web, then call you and not mention that they did their research online first. I think it's dangerous to assume that everyone using the phone to contact you has used a phone book. You can't always accurately trace where your leads are really coming from.

He's already utilizing the internet, especially adwords to give him web presence. What does any of this have to do with his question?

cbscreative
08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
I understood the question to be "how much work are you getting from your web site?" The answer may not be as simple as the direct and obvious response since a web site can provide phone calls that don't tell you they're from the web site. I'm speaking not as a lawn care provider, but as a potential customer. If the site tells me what I need to know, I may call, but I don't guarantee I would tell you I found your web site. If the site stinks, I look for another provider who I can be more confident with.

You can't always accurately trace where your leads are really coming from.