PDA

View Full Version : wow!

DeepGreenLawn
08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
I was just looking around and found this on the synthetic forum. Now, don't get me wrong, I use chems myself for lawns. I feel they have their place...

but wow...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2487031#post2487031

It is ONE weed!

treegal1
08-27-2008, 11:37 PM
yeah they just had to pull it, not .LOLOL

Marcos
08-28-2008, 02:34 AM
but wow...

It is ONE weed!

Precisely!

And as far as that is concerned...

One person's TRASH can indeed be another person's TREASURE! :dancing:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=210049&highlight=edible+weeds

JDUtah
08-28-2008, 03:03 PM
It's all about the threshold... theirs and their customers is set at 0 weeds. So they take care of the 'one weed', which is good business IMO.

DeepGreenLawn
08-28-2008, 04:15 PM
OH, sorry, that isn't what I meant... what I meant was that instead of bending over and pulling the weed a lot were saying they would take out their spray bottle and spray it...

JDUtah
08-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh, I see! Lol I must confess you good folks in the organic forum are the ones that switched me off that thinking. It is pretty easy to get into the squirt to fix mindset so deeply that it becomes the only way to kill a weed. Haha, it's embarrassing to admit I was there.. pulling is so easy!

lilmarvin4064
08-28-2008, 05:29 PM
i see your point. If this were my lawn, I'd just pull it, but consider the possibility that...

- you come across this problem 15 times a day
- it's not always just 1 weed, maybe it's 5
- pulling is not always effective (nutsedge, dandelion, etc)
- you have back problems
- time is an issue

DeepGreenLawn
08-28-2008, 05:34 PM
I understand... others have their way of doing things... if there are a TON of weeds, yeah, they get sprayed... I have no problem admiting that, but if there are just a few then they get pulled, when I am running the spreader/hose I am typically going to stop by the weed at some time, bend over and pull, all 5 sec? Maybe?

I did 20 customers WAY spread out the other day and still stopped to pull weeds in a few lawns.

Everyone does their thing... I personally don't spray unless I have to. I am all about effectiveness and all, like I said, chems have their use for sure.

lilmarvin4064
08-29-2008, 09:08 PM
yeah, I use chems but I don't like to use them; I use as them as little as possible. IPM practices and all, as long as it makes sense economically. I'd rather spend 2 hours on a lawn spot treating than using twice as many chems blanket spraying in 1 hour. You see my point? if I spray one weed; what's that 1oz, 99% water. Ok, 0.15 mL of a chemical (herbicide), OH NO!

treegal1
08-29-2008, 09:43 PM
your at 375 ml so far.................keep going.....

DeepGreenLawn
08-29-2008, 11:11 PM
come on tree, we are keeping it nice so far...

I understand and agree... I just gave a bid for a fescue lawn FULL of crabgrass, a little goose grass, etc, etc... funny thing is... it has been treated for the past 8(?) years with TG. I was amazed... so I am torn... first of all I need something to kill crabgrass and not fescue... if that is possible... and second, if there isn't something... do I just get a couple buddies to pull for a day? I don't know... the front is the problem, FULL sun, horrible soil, etc etc. The back is in good shape and has GREAT potential, that stays fescue, I suggested zoysia/bermuda in the spring. Easier to care for, good fast lawn, the only downside AGAIN is the dormant during winter. They didn't shoot down the paint during dormancy idea though...

treegal1
08-29-2008, 11:44 PM
I was just playin, hey its under a gallon.lolol.

deep I wil get back at ya with the grab grass cure!!!

cudaclan
08-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Agralawn (organic?)

DeepGreenLawn
08-30-2008, 03:38 PM
looks like maybe a bridge? not familiar with the product.