PDA

View Full Version : c-9 cord problems ?

David Gretzmier
08-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I had used Brite Ideas c-9 cord for 2001-2005 season, then switched to Action Lighting cord in '06 and Holiday Bright Lights cord in '07. I have always had good luck with the Brite Ideas cord, but the action lighting and the Holiday Bright Lights cord have the same problem. It seems the copper strip on the side is too small, and the bulb has trouble making continuous contact. when you bulb without the power on, and then install and plug in, you have to go back and tighten/loosen lots of bulbs to get the "right" contact, and then at least twice a season go back and tighten loosen again on different bulbs. this is rather frustrating, so I am putting it out there to see if anyone has experienced this, and if there is a solution other than replacing the cord. let me know- dave g

hotrod1965
08-28-2008, 12:41 PM
I had some HBL cord last year and never had this issue. But I used all LED retro fit bulbs.
You just had to make sure you screwed them in hand tight or they wouldn't light up.

I wonder if putting some contact greese in the sockets would help? It would be a big pain though.

wurkn with amish
08-28-2008, 06:06 PM
just keep buying brite ideas stuff!
I have the same thing happen just when were putting the lights up.
haven't had to go back and tighten though.
Contact grease is a good idea

David Gretzmier
08-29-2008, 06:02 PM
I used the retro fit bulbs on 4 jobs with the same cord, same problem. even when screwed in tight, I have to go back and LOOSEN bulbs to get them to light. just was picky. anybody know where I can get a 5 gallon bucket of dielectric grease?

hotrod1965
08-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Maybe ask a local auto parts place and see if they can hook you up?