PDA

View Full Version : green on bricks black on wood

richard r
08-28-2008, 09:37 AM
What should I use on the green slime looking stuff on the brick walkway I have. Don't want to use an extreme power washer on them due to not wanting to blow out the grout. What chemical should I use, JoMax?

Also, some of the wood on the deck is blackish looking and I am wanting to clean the wood and also seal the wood. Any idea's would be appreciated. For the wood, should I power wash it then seal it? Or use the same thing I use on the bricks?

thanks

Grits
08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
What should I use on the green slime looking stuff on the brick walkway I have. Don't want to use an extreme power washer on them due to not wanting to blow out the grout. What chemical should I use, JoMax?

Also, some of the wood on the deck is blackish looking and I am wanting to clean the wood and also seal the wood. Any idea's would be appreciated. For the wood, should I power wash it then seal it? Or use the same thing I use on the bricks?

thanks

For the bricks, a mix with sodium hypochlorite should work. I wouldn't touch the wood if you don't know how. It isn't as simple as just pressure wash it and stain it. Personally, I stay away from wood.

richard r
09-06-2008, 10:29 PM
For the bricks, a mix with sodium hypochlorite

A mix of what with sodium hypochlorite?

Forgive me if I sound dumb there :rolleyes: but when it comes to cleaning the bricks I am :confused: