PDA

View Full Version : New Updated Website

LoneStarLawn
01-29-2002, 12:17 AM
Finally finished our new website. Will have to wait until spring to adds photos.

www.lonestarlawns.com

Designed straight from code.

Thanks to <b>theleven</b> for the pic. :D

Lawn-Scapes
01-29-2002, 12:47 AM
Alan,

Are you designing it yourself? Was the Estimate Request part difficult?

Looking good...

LoneStarLawn
01-29-2002, 12:49 AM
I designed it myself. Hard to say if that part was difficult...wasn't for me, but can be for others.....(I used to be a computer programmer before lawn care)

Lawn-Scapes
01-29-2002, 12:56 AM
Cool..

I'm looking forward to having a website. I'm waiting to see what Chuck will be offering as a package.. I don't know if I will attempt to design it or have someone else do it.

What does from code mean? What would be a good way for a newbie (like me) to attempt to design a website?

LoneStarLawn
01-29-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by TSG

What does from code mean? What would be a good way for a newbie (like me) to attempt to design a website?

From code means that I actually typed every inch of code out to get that result.

A newbie's best start would be to use a program like Frontpage to help design your website. It has more of a kind step-by-step walk through on designing a website or maybe sign of with a hosting company that has "templates" for design that you can choose and you just add the words and your own pictures if you want.

Fantasy Lawns
02-04-2002, 07:36 PM
Real nice Alan ;->

olabob
02-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Yeah Dreamweaver is pretty good, i would use that instead of homepage.

Stonehenge
02-06-2002, 01:37 PM
I've heard good things about Dreamweaver too, but I just finished my updated site, too. All done with FrontPage.

www.stonehengebpl.com

heygrassman
02-07-2002, 12:15 AM
Stonehenge,

Where did you get the template?? Did you design it yourself in Frontpage?

I like Frontpage but the templates are just not good. I have Frontpage2001.

jf

Stonehenge
02-07-2002, 08:36 AM
No Templates. Everything was made from scratch. All the buttons (and everything else) are scanned images, modified in Adobe Elements. Background, too.

And the layout was done with a lot of tables.

Dunn's
08-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Bumpity bump bump