PDA

View Full Version : Beat the Heat Lawn Service

Pages : [1] 2

SNAPPER MAN
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Ok guys im going to kinda copy redmax man and just make a thread for all my current pics and any future ones to come. Please let me know what you think. Remember that most of the grass is st. augustine so striping is very difficult if not impossible.

SNAPPER MAN
08-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Here are some more. All edges are done with a trimmer.

SNAPPER MAN
08-28-2008, 11:42 PM
These have alot better stipes. The sunlight was perfect and the grass is too.

dura to the max
08-28-2008, 11:45 PM
looks good, who said that a you cant get a good edge w/ a string trimmer?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
is some of that st augustine too low?

SNAPPER MAN
08-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Ya I know, edging with a trimmer is so easy when you get used to it. All the grass there was cut at 3.5 inches and bagged.

dura to the max
08-28-2008, 11:53 PM
just checking...i think a trimmer leaves a better edge (maintenance wise) than an edger.

RedMax Man
08-29-2008, 05:40 PM
I feel honored to be metioned in the first post:)

lookn good so far.

lgyardservices
08-29-2008, 09:16 PM
how do make that nice of an edge with a trimmer?

ed2hess
08-29-2008, 09:48 PM
OMG look at those edges and with a trimmer and in that bad St Augustine grass:clapping:. You must be a genius .... All these guys on lawnsite need to take notice, those stupid edgers are a waste of money. And they want you to tell them how to do it:hammerhead:

dura to the max
08-29-2008, 10:05 PM
how do make that nice of an edge with a trimmer?

lots of practice. many mistakes. some unhappy customers...it comes eventually.

OMG look at those edges and with a trimmer and in that bad St Augustine grass. You must be a genius .... All these guys on lawnsite need to take notice, those stupid edgers are a waste of money. And they want you to tell them how to do it
Today 09:16 PM

yup:clapping::clapping::clapping:i agree 100%. i edge saint augustine all the time. pretty easy w/ some practice.

SNAPPER MAN
08-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Edging with a trimmer is easy. We all do it different but my way that I learned from a past employee is to stand on the grass and walk forward. You have to take off the deflector if you want to edge with your trimmer because you cannot see what the heck you are doing with it on. I still have an edger for overgrown edges but trimmers are used 99.99% of the time.

corey4671
08-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Edging with a trimmer is easy. We all do it different but my way that I learned from a past employee is to stand on the grass and walk forward. You have to take off the deflector if you want to edge with your trimmer because you cannot see what the heck you are doing with it on. I still have an edger for overgrown edges but trimmers are used 99.99% of the time.

hmm...I do it bass ackwards. I stand on the concrete and walk forwards with the bottom of the trimmer head facing the grass. The trimmer head is spinning counter clockwise as I walk forwards.

S man
08-30-2008, 12:03 AM
lots of practice. many mistakes. some unhappy customers...it comes eventually.

yup:clapping::clapping::clapping:i agree 100%. i edge saint augustine all the time. pretty easy w/ some practice.

All I use is a trimmer for edging. I do have a stick edger but it gets used rarely.

SNAPPER MAN
08-30-2008, 12:33 AM
Trimmers are the best. They save a trip to the trailer and are easier on the body. Almost everyone in my area does it the same. Stand on the grass and walk forward as fast as you can. You get good after a while.

freshprince94
08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Nice work...can we see a shot of the rig?

I can understand using a trimmer up there...but down here in FL and the deep south states an edger is the way to go. We have a thicker variety of St. Augustine than up in TX, edging it with a trimmer takes longer and can scalp the grass. I've tried it just to see what it would look like and I didn't like it. On a lot of the grasses up north especially, you can use an edger and "trench" it out once, than just follow the groove the next time with the trimmer. Our grass doesn't work like that, we have to recut that edge every week.

And BTW Snapper Man, my Stihl dealer told me that removing the guard voids the warranty.

dura to the max
08-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice work...can we see a shot of the rig?

I can understand using a trimmer up there...but down here in FL and the deep south states an edger is the way to go. We have a thicker variety of St. Augustine than up in TX, edging it with a trimmer takes longer and can scalp the grass. I've tried it just to see what it would look like and I didn't like it. On a lot of the grasses up north especially, you can use an edger and "trench" it out once, than just follow the groove the next time with the trimmer. Our grass doesn't work like that, we have to recut that edge every week.

And BTW Snapper Man, my Stihl dealer told me that removing the guard voids the warranty.

my dealer told me to just be careful of running too much line...

i have similar st augustine in mid ga and i never have a problem edging. it all comes with lots of practice. and if ga aint the deep south idk what is.

SNAPPER MAN
08-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Ok guys here are some pics of my setup.

SNAPPER MAN
08-30-2008, 11:02 PM
These are pics of one of the restaurants that I mow.

SNAPPER MAN
08-30-2008, 11:17 PM
First three pics are of a large commercial property that I service and the last one is just a simple residential. Commercials are so much easier to do.

fastcat
08-30-2008, 11:24 PM
looks like the edge in pic number 3 was photo shoped.

SNAPPER MAN
08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Which one, the restaurant or commercial? I dont even know how to photo shop lol. On the commercial property in pic 3 we hadnt blown yet if you couldnt tell lol.

jimithing31
08-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Looks like we finally see the true owner of "BTHLS", Snapper mans DAD....

See him in one of the pics? he is in the driver seat of the truck.

Has anyone on this site ever met you in person?

freshprince94
08-31-2008, 12:00 PM
SNAPPER MAN: What handhelds are you using in place of the Stihls?

SNAPPER MAN
08-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Jimithing, the true owner is my mom. My dad just goes with because I only have my permit. He just sits in the truck and reads his paper. He does help me out alot because I couldnt do it if he or my mom dont go with me.

Freshprince, Im using echo handhelds and I have been very pleased. I've always used primarily echo blowers and an edger (which we never use). I still have one stihl trimmer and an echo. Im using a kawasaki hedge trimmer instead of the stihl p.o.s.

SNAPPER MAN
08-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Here are some pics of another commercial property that we service.

LawnMowerKing10
08-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Do other lawn services besides you use cubcadet... if not what brand of ztr do they use?

Mondragon Lawn Serv
08-31-2008, 05:54 PM
hey guys i'm new here but been in the line for a while. i use cubcadet, but it's not the only one, as well and i think i know where he got his ztr the place is called pentex right snapper man? I love my cub and my ferris

SNAPPER MAN
08-31-2008, 06:27 PM
I think I remember you Mr. mondragon. I worked at pentex the summer of 2007. How is business?

KCfireman
08-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Jimithing, the true owner is my mom. My dad just goes with because I only have my permit. He just sits in the truck and reads his paper. He does help me out alot because I couldnt do it if he or my mom dont go with me.

Freshprince, Im using echo handhelds and I have been very pleased. I've always used primarily echo blowers and an edger (which we never use). I still have one stihl trimmer and an echo. Im using a kawasaki hedge trimmer instead of the stihl p.o.s.Snapper!!!!!!!! How dare you say that Stihl is a POS!!!!!:nono::nono::nono: I love Stihl!!!!!!!!!

SNAPPER MAN
08-31-2008, 06:45 PM
KCfireman, I loved my sthil trimmers and blower but the hedge clipper I had was a p.o.s because it was the HS-45 home owner model.

Mondragon Lawn Serv
08-31-2008, 06:46 PM
yeah its me we're great i'm the son the oldest of them and we've got two zero turns a ferris and a cub but were extremely busy we got behind but we cought up when it rains it pours in houston right

SNAPPER MAN
08-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Damn thats awsome. I only have two days of work a week which sucks. I need more work.

dura to the max
08-31-2008, 07:47 PM
KCfireman, I loved my sthil trimmers and blower but the hedge clipper I had was a p.o.s because it was the HS-45 home owner model.

be careful about what you call a p.o.s.:nono:. there are a lot of impressionable noobs on this site that might not understand what you mean. of course that model is going to be considered that to a commercial guy, but for a homeowner its a lot better than the home cheapo stuff.

Riley Lawn Service
09-01-2008, 12:22 AM
even though your first pics dont stripe good it looks great even without stripes and the second yards stripes look great

LawnMowerKing10
09-01-2008, 09:59 AM
snapper man do other companies around you use cubcadet commercial? If not what other brands do they use

SNAPPER MAN
09-01-2008, 10:27 AM
There are not too many cubcadets around me but the brand that the majority use is lesco which is the same as cubcadet. Cubcadets are starting to get more popular because the lesco stores dont sell mowers anymore and so many guys love them. People use many different brands, in order from most common to lease, Lesco, Exmark, Toro, Cubcadet Commercial (same as lesco), Scag, Encore, etc. I personally use cubcadet commercial because I have the best dealer support for them.

SNAPPER MAN
09-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey mondragon we need to see some pics of yal's setup.

FinerCutslawnCare
09-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Damn thats awsome. I only have two days of work a week which sucks. I need more work.

Not to be nosy put if you only have 2 days worth of work a week than why do you have "employees"?:nono:

SNAPPER MAN
09-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I had one helper because I wanted time to do other stuff and because I'm still in highschool. Im going to be working solo the rest of the year. And next year we will see what it brings.

Mondragon Lawn Serv
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
ill put them up soon i havent had time in awhile but ill put it. i can say what we have and imagine till then
ferris 52"
cub cadet 48"
toro t-bar 32" x2
snapper 21"
kawasaki KHT600SC
shindaiwa T242
echo SRM-311
echo SRM-265
ecgo SRM-280

South Florida Lawns
09-02-2008, 12:55 AM
Very very nice pictures. Look at all that st. augustine without weeds and dead spots. That is quality work. I agree on edging with a trimmer turns out more crisp, but I use an edger because I can jog wit it lol and as good as I am with a trimmer I'm just not as fast.

Oh and that truck/trailer combo looks killer.

SNAPPER MAN
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Thanks South Florida, I put alot of hard work into these lawns. I love doing what I do so I know that definatly helps. Thanks about the truck and trailer, I love yours. Having a clean truck and trailer makes a big difference in the eyes of a customer. I can edge almost as fast with a trimmer as I can with an edger, the only reason I have one is because of over grown edges and some yards I just like to make perfect.

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Ok guys, It's been quite a while since I've posted pics but I've got alot for yall. This first set is a job where I had to put down some mulch because after the hurricane a tree was uprooted and the flower bed was screwed up. I'm trying to convice her to let me mulch the rest of the bed, but we will see.

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Here are some more. The first pic is of how we do our edges here. And the rest are rig shots, etc.

Lil'MowinMan93
10-12-2008, 11:38 AM
In that edging picture.. do you guys flip the trimmers so that the line is straight up and down? it looks like you just kinda stick it in there.

DoetschOutdoor
10-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Everything looks good! You should def. try to get her to mulch the rest of that bed. Once she looks at it from the road or a distance, she will see how it looks and likely want the rest done. I like those wheels on the trailer!

bakerc8
10-12-2008, 07:25 PM
how do you get comertial propertys when yuor 15 or 16 i cant remeber

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Lilmowinman, We do get it parallel to the grass and leave a nice crisp edge.

BakerC8, The business is registered in my moms name but me and Pablo do all the work.

Lil'MowinMan93
10-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Ok. I gotcha. I'll post some pics of how we do it in ohio.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
I don't really care for those trailer rims. Do you do enough jobs to have that ladder on there all the time. I just haul mine when needed

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Whats wrong with my trailer rims, I get so many compliments because of them and many people would rather have a nice truck and trailer in front of their house instead of a rusty p.o.s.. I use the ladder alot because I have alot of full service accounts and I'm constantly trimming palms, tall hedges, etc. Its convenient to have it when I need it and when I dont need it, instead of showing up to a job and not being prepared with the right tools. You have to think ahead.

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 10:53 PM
I love my trailer rims.

dura to the max
10-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I love my trailer rims.

me too....them are sweet

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Whats wrong with my trailer rims, I get so many compliments because of them and many people would rather have a nice truck and trailer in front of their house instead of a rusty p.o.s.. I use the ladder alot because I have alot of full service accounts and I'm constantly trimming palms, tall hedges, etc. Its convenient to have it when I need it and when I dont need it, instead of showing up to a job and not being prepared with the right tools. You have to think ahead.

Just not what floats my boat I guess lol. Do you have a shop or anything. Do you have to unload the trailer daily or what?

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Thanks duratothemax, I love them.

Lawn Freak, I used to have a 15 by 30 storage unit but it was an unnescary $210 a month. So I keep the stuff I dont use in the garage and park the trailer under the carport with locks on everything. I dont worry about theft because I live in a nice neighborhood.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I used to not worry too much about theft. I have a police car in front of my house and also live in a nice neighborhood. Then two weeks ago a construction worker had his whole enclosed trailer stolen right from his drive way. It had a lock on the tongue and all the doors were locked up good. Now I unload everything at night, its a pain but it beats buying new stuff if someone takes it

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Theft....I had two backpack blowers stolen on saturday while I was working at a restaurant and I was 20 feet up in a palm tree and a guy pulls up and tells my mom who was holding the ladder that he just saw two guys cut the padlock on my trailer and steal two blowers. I about **** myseft and was in a state of disbelief. I got down that ladder as fast as I could and sure enough my lock was on the ground cut and my two blowers were gone. I just bought a BR-600 two weeks ago and its gone along with my Echo PB-755H. I was in a mixture of emotions, I wanted to cry but kill someone at the same time. We called the cops out and filed a police report but they were about as useful as a heartattack. I just dont understand why lazy people have to steal things from people who work their ass of to be able to afford it.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Theft....I had two backpack blowers stolen on saturday while I was working at a restaurant and I was 20 feet up in a palm tree and a guy pulls up and tells my mom who was holding the ladder that he just saw two guys cut the padlock on my trailer and steal two blowers. I about **** myseft and was in a state of disbelief. I got down that ladder as fast as I could and sure enough my lock was on the ground cut and my two blowers were gone. I just bought a BR-600 two weeks ago and its gone along with my Echo PB-755H. I was in a mixture of emotions, I wanted to cry but kill someone at the same time. We called the cops out and filed a police report but they were about as useful as a heartattack. I just dont understand why lazy people have to steal things from people who work their ass of to be able to afford it.

I try to park as close as possible to where I'll be working as to try and keep an eye on my rig, I know if I found out that someone stole something of mine I would make it a PERSONAL goal to find them and give them what for.

KCfireman
10-12-2008, 11:28 PM
hey look....we have two 15 yr olds arguing on LS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Ya but one is paying taxes and the other isnt.

Lawnfreak. I could see the whole thing from where I was in the tree but I couldnt just jump down 20ft. Im not about to go do anything stupid over two blowers. Its not worth going to jail even though I would love to kill them.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 11:31 PM
hey look....we have two 15 yr olds arguing on LS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Arguing? Nope I just voiced my opinion and that was that. Not trying to argue with anyone. I've been good about it lately. (or trying to anyways)

KCfireman
10-12-2008, 11:32 PM

Lawnfreak. I could see the whole thing from where I was in the tree but I couldnt just jump down 20ft. Im not about to go do anything stupid over two blowers. Its not worth going to jail even though I would love to kill them.taxes dont have anything to do with that statement!? If fact your statement didnt even make sense.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 11:33 PM

Lawnfreak. I could see the whole thing from where I was in the tree but I couldnt just jump down 20ft. Im not about to go do anything stupid over two blowers. Its not worth going to jail even though I would love to kill them.

I see, I wouldn't have killed them, just got my equipment back and said real mean words lol. So what do you plan to buy to replace the others?

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 11:34 PM
taxes dont have anything to do with that statement!? If fact your statement didnt even make sense.

Thats what I was thinking. I plan on going fully legit as soon as I'm 18. As stated in another thread earlier I want to be able to have the business registered in my name but I can't do it until I'm 18

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Good luck getting your equipment back from two big muscular black guys who prolly speed to the pawn shop to get money for drugs. I'm not trying to be racist but it was two black guys who stole it. I bought another BR-600 on saturday because I had too. I was going to not buy anything else this year and pay stuff off but I had to buy a damn blower...

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Ya that statement didnt make sense lol. But I do pay taxes lol.

KCfireman
10-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Good luck getting your equipment back from two big muscular black guys who prolly speed to the pawn shop to get money for drugs. I'm not trying to be racist but it was two black guys who stole it. I bought another BR-600 on saturday because I had too. I was going to not buy anything else this year and pay stuff off but I had to buy a damn blower...now that just being stereotypical. White people and all sorts of ethnicity's could go off and do that. It doesnt have to be African Americans. I have worked with plenty of African Amercians and they are great people to be around with. Always smiling and laughing. Great people. What you said is just a plain Typical Stereotype!:nono::nono::nono:

Kennedy Landscaping
10-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Good luck getting your equipment back from two big muscular black guys who prolly speed to the pawn shop to get money for drugs. I'm not trying to be racist but it was two black guys who stole it. I bought another BR-600 on saturday because I had too. I was going to not buy anything else this year and pay stuff off but I had to buy a damn blower...

True about the pawn shop. I just don't see how people can waste their lives like that. People think it makes them cool, it don't do that by any means. People who steal from others not only hurt themselves but the people they steal from

S man
10-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Damn that sucks man about the blowers. But I thought you weren't going with stihl anymore because of the dealers?

SNAPPER MAN
10-12-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm not being racist. I SAW THEM DO IT. It was two African Americans. Most are awsome people. Each race has thieves.

Sman, Got a better dealer now.

freshprince94
10-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Ya man that sucks...I hate people who have to steal from others to satisfy theirselves...I hate people even touching my stuff lol.

SNAPPER MAN
10-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Bump bump...

LawnMowerKing10
10-16-2008, 05:05 PM
In any way could you get some pics from your cub dealer.

dura to the max
10-16-2008, 06:58 PM
In any way could you get some pics from your cub dealer.

what exactly are you asking?

SNAPPER MAN
10-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Why would you want pics of my dealer? There are a bunch of mowers in showroom and a shop like every other dealer I know of.

dura to the max
10-16-2008, 08:10 PM
thats what i was thinkin

S man
10-16-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm not being racist. I SAW THEM DO IT. It was two African Americans. Most are awsome people. Each race has thieves.

Sounds good. Also when a black guy tried to steal my stuff, I told the officer that a black male came up and almost stole my stuff. It's not racist. That's the fact. And yes every race has theives.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Any picture updates?

SNAPPER MAN
10-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Not today. Maybe have some at the end of this week.

SNAPPER MAN
10-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Here are some pics of me mowing today with my 48" cubcadet commercial walkbehind.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the pictures. Does that mower stripe very well?

SNAPPER MAN
10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Ya man. It just depends on the type of grass. That yard was st. augustine so it doeesnt stripe very well, just leaves a faint stripe.

TXNSLighting
10-23-2008, 10:50 PM
I just noticed you from texas. Where at?

SNAPPER MAN
10-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Spring, Texas. Just north of houston.

TXNSLighting
10-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Got ya. I saw the spring part just didnt know where in this gigantic state.

SNAPPER MAN
10-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Ok guys here are some more pics from this week. A few are some rig shots because I decided to use the ford this week instead of the toyota. Also are a couple pics of my man Pablo in action.

SNAPPER MAN
10-26-2008, 06:52 PM
First pic is of Pablo cleaning up at a restaurant we service and the other two are of him mowing a simple p.i.t.a residential.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Looks good. I really like your trailer and how it is set up. How long is that bad boy?

SNAPPER MAN
10-26-2008, 07:01 PM
The trailer is a 6.5 X 12. It is awsome because I have the cage in the front for the blowers and hedge clippers, ladder rack on non-curbside, trimmer racks on curbside, gas can rack on curbside, and split tailgates.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
The trailer is a 6.5 X 12. It is awsome because I have the cage in the front for the blowers and hedge clippers, ladder rack on non-curbside, trimmer racks on curbside, gas can rack on curbside, and split tailgates.

I really like the way it is setup. I hope to get a 14 footer for next season

SNAPPER MAN
10-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Ya man, Im hoping to get an 18 footer. It would come in handy alot.

SNAPPER MAN
10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Did some overseeding today. Used Lesco Annual ryegrass and my lesco drop spreader. Here is a pic of my truck loaded up and ready to go.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-27-2008, 10:18 PM
How many pounds of seed you got there?

TXNSLighting
10-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Im going to guess 350!

SNAPPER MAN
10-27-2008, 10:42 PM
I had about 800lbs. of seed in there. Didn't use all today but I got to overseed three restaurants this week.

TXNSLighting
10-27-2008, 10:45 PM
well i was way off...It looked like 7 bags.

slamjamrockinman
10-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Is that a reusable leaf bag in the last pic of you rig?? I took your advice from another thread, and bought six of them. They are AWESOME. Nice rig and pics also.

SNAPPER MAN
10-27-2008, 11:05 PM
Slamjamrockinman,
Yes they are reusable tarp bags. I have 20 of them and use them for everything. Grass clippings in the summer and leaves and sticks in the winter. It's alot easier to just empty these than to fork out a pickup bed. Where did you get yours? I got mine from my local dealer. Lesco also has them I believe. Thanks for your kind words.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Did your truck sag any having all that weight above the axle?

slamjamrockinman
10-28-2008, 12:13 AM
I got them at menards for 6 dollars a piece. I don't know if you have menards in texas or not but it is just like a home depot or lowes except cheaper. I was at the dump, and another LCO pulls up and unloads using them, he walks over and showed us the bags. After I read your post about them, and then he recomended them I decided to try them. Used them on a clean-up today and they worked great!

Kennedy Landscaping
10-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Won't they break pretty easy though from sticks or what ever?

slamjamrockinman
10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Won't they break pretty easy though from sticks or what ever?

They are made out of the same material tarps are made out of, it is actually a little thicker I think. I don't know how long they will hold up for because I haven't had mine that long, but they seem pretty durable.

SNAPPER MAN
10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
They hold up good. I've had 10 for over a year and use them alot. They dont rip and can hold alot of weight. Alot easier than filling up a can, dumping in truckbed, and then having to fork it out at the end of the day.

S man
10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Dude you look like you're 10! jk, everything looks good keep it up!

SNAPPER MAN
10-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Haha Sman. Many people think im 18 but I dont really care. Lets keep this thread alive!!!

STIHL GUY
10-28-2008, 10:30 PM
lookin good. keep up the good work

SNAPPER MAN
10-28-2008, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys for the possitive remarks. Here are some pictures from today. I had to mow an overgrown backyard to try to make it look normal again. It took me three passes, two discharging, and one bagging to get r done.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-28-2008, 10:40 PM
That looks much better. How did the 32 handle it?

dura to the max
10-28-2008, 10:42 PM
i assume there was a gate prohibiting the use of a larger mower?

SNAPPER MAN
10-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Dura, ya there was a small gate. I would've just assumed use the 48 but it wasn't possible.
Lawnfreak, the 32 handled it great, the 13hp kawasaki didnt bog down once. I was very impressed.

S man
10-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Haha Sman. Many people think im 18 but I dont really care. Lets keep this thread alive!!!

I'm 18 and people think I'm older and younger. :laugh:

Nice lot knock down. I had a yard like that only taller and thicker. The phazer cut it down with no problem.

SNAPPER MAN
11-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Here are some more pics of work from this week. First pic is of some annuals we did (x2) and the second is of my worker Pablo mowing and sporting one of our new safety company shirts. Third picture is of a commercial account that we service and the last pic is of my mother mowing the back of a business that we service. I know I need to start to use a camera instead of my voyager phone. Enjoy.

Kennedy Landscaping
11-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Why isn't Pablo using a sulky?

DaughtryLC
11-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Snapper Man, Nice work!! Sweet rims!!, The best thing about this Site is all the different people on here!, But with that brings alot of BS. Take the negative commits with a grain of salt! If what YOU have and what YOUR doing WORKS and is PROFITABLE, then your on the right path. I only hope that when my boys are your age they will have that kind of drive!!

SNAPPER MAN
11-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Lawn Freak, we almost never use the sulky. I think I use it on two yards a week. Pablo doesn't like it either because you cant make a good turn with a sulky on a belt drive.

Daughtry, Thanks man for the positive comments I have worked very hard to get where I have.

SNAPPER MAN
11-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Work today. I had a easy tree job this afternoon. We had to top 4 crape myrtles and top an oak tree....I think it looks like **** but its what he wants. The saws used were a Stihl MS-361 with a 20" bar and a MS-192T with a 16" bar.

dura to the max
11-04-2008, 12:05 AM
we need after pics of the oak..and yes, it does look like $#!t but if he pays, who cares...

SNAPPER MAN
11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Here are some more pics of work from this week. One of the pics that shows my guy edging a flowerbed is a yard that we overseeded with Lesco annual ryegrass and it came out AWSOME!!! The other pics are one of him mowing a backyard, edging at a resaurant and if you cant tell by how dark it is we start at 6:30. The last two pics are of my favorite yard that we mow. It is a very nice house with a nice yard, I need to put down the fungicide for the brown patch soon. I'm going to go take some pics of a commercial we do today because it came out awsome yesterday and I have to go by there anyways. Well here they are, Enjoy!

S man
11-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Why not let him use the toro???

freshprince94
11-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Nice work, especially your edging. I guess it depends more on the operator, not the machine.

I really like your trailer.

SNAPPER MAN
11-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Sman, the reason we were using a snapper this week instead of the toro is because I need to change the oil on the toro but just havnt gotten around to it so we used a snapper. Plus its not good to let machines just sit so I rotate them all.

Freshprince, Thanks for the compliment. I love the trailer, it works great for me and isn't too big either. We honestly havn't used an edger in a few months because all of our edges are established and Pablo and I are both very proficient with a trimmer so its easier and doesnt take as long if you just use a trimmer. If you practice you will get good too. It just takes alot of patience.

S man
11-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Sman, the reason we were using a snapper this week instead of the toro is because I need to change the oil on the toro but just havnt gotten around to it so we used a snapper. Plus its not good to let machines just sit so I rotate them all.

Freshprince, Thanks for the compliment. I love the trailer, it works great for me and isn't too big either. We honestly havn't used an edger in a few months because all of our edges are established and Pablo and I are both very proficient with a trimmer so its easier and doesnt take as long if you just use a trimmer. If you practice you will get good too. It just takes alot of patience.

Agreed with both statements. It is good to rotate equipment.
I also use a trimmer for edging all the time and use the edger on first time jobs or if it's really overgrown.

Kennedy Landscaping
11-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Looks good, my friend has one of those Snappers. Is that the Briggs engine?

KCfireman
11-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Why are you using a ladder?! Boy, its a damn good thing my dad was a foreman for BPU(Border Public Utilities) of Kansas City, we spur and climb all our trees. The highest i've climbed so far in my life which was this year was about 52 ft. Dead Oak tree. About 15'' in diameter at the base. We used the MS 441 w/ the 32" bar. BIG SAW!

SNAPPER MAN
11-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Here are the pics I said I would have earlier. On this yard I am very thankful I have a ztr.

dura to the max
11-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Here are the pics I said I would have earlier. On this yard I am very thankful I have a ztr.

i can imagine looking at that

S man
11-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Ah come on mr. walkbehind, looks like a job for the 48" w/b.:laugh: j/k having a ztr for those jobs is great. I can't do without my 46" lazer z.

Petr51488
11-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Do you make your mom work? or she chooses too? I would never want my mom to work..

SNAPPER MAN
11-10-2008, 11:24 PM
NO I dont force her too. She likes to use the ztr. It is technically her business because I am not of legal age and I wanted to do it legally and not under the table. She likes helping me, I would never make here. I dont understand how kids make their parents do something. It just doesnt make sense to me.

SNAPPER MAN
11-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Ok guys I got one of my trucks lettered today. This isnt the best picture but I will have better pictures tomorrow.

dura to the max
11-21-2008, 09:36 PM
simple yet eye catching, looks good. i would have utilized the front quarter panel as well were it mine...but thats just me

Kennedy Landscaping
11-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Lettering looks really good. Are your new shocks adjustable?

jimithing31
11-22-2008, 11:20 AM

Hey kid.. When will you stop your lies?? You say in the post about your supposed theft that some guys rolls up and tells your mom that someone just stole your stuff and you went over to see that "your locks were on the ground".

Then you claim to have seen them do it??? Grow up kid...

jimithing31
11-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Work today. I had a easy tree job this afternoon. We had to top 4 crape myrtles and top an oak tree....I think it looks like **** but its what he wants. The saws used were a Stihl MS-361 with a 20" bar and a MS-192T with a 16" bar.

You say that you had your blowers stolen and you replaced the BR-600 but in the pic of your blower rack I see not only the BR 600 but also an ECHO PB 410 behind the gas can. You never said you replaced the echo and its definatly not a 755.

ANd do you have a license to be using that pesticide sprayer?

jimithing31
11-22-2008, 11:34 AM
And yet another observation... How are you possibly keeping up with these properties with there size ( all seem quite large) and all the work you are showing that is being done and still going to school??

Seems pretty impossible to me..

jimithing31
11-22-2008, 11:46 AM
And yet another observation... How are you possibly keeping up with these properties with there size ( all seem quite large) and all the work you are showing that is being done and still going to school??

I am going with my theory that "Pablo the worker" is actually your Dad and you are doing what I did when I was your age and rode along with him alot to work for him. Reinforced by the pic you posted earlier that showed the "Pablo" in the driver seat of the truck when you claimed that your mom, or grandparents drove you around. Sorry but after seeing the pic you posted of yourself, I cannot see any legitimate business or homeowner hiring, negotiating, or dealing with you in a professional manner simply due to how young you seem to be. Homeowners maybe... Commercial property owners, car salesman, etc... No way I buy it... You look 12.

You leave WAY to many holes in your stories and contradict yourself every other post you make....

Man I'm bored today!!!!

S man
11-22-2008, 12:37 PM

I am going with my theory that "Pablo the worker" is actually your Dad and you are doing what I did when I was your age and rode along with him alot to work for him. Reinforced by the pic you posted earlier that showed the "Pablo" in the driver seat of the truck when you claimed that your mom, or grandparents drove you around. Sorry but after seeing the pic you posted of yourself, I cannot see any legitimate business or homeowner hiring, negotiating, or dealing with you in a professional manner simply due to how young you seem to be. Homeowners maybe... Commercial property owners, car salesman, etc... No way I buy it... You look 12.

You leave WAY to many holes in your stories and contradict yourself every other post you make....

Man I'm bored today!!!!

This guy busts a$$ and is a hard worker and I'm proud to know him. Don't be a hater.:nono:

South Florida Lawns
11-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm 23 but my mom still drives me around. Its fun but I have to sit in the back seat because of the airbags up front.

freshprince94
11-22-2008, 01:56 PM

Man I'm bored today!!!!

I know that the pic showing the guy in the front seat of the Tundra is his dad, and you can tell by comparing that pic with the one of the guy in the tree that they are two different people.

Second, to my knowledge Snapper Man never said that his mother or grandparents drive him around. The guy you are thinking of is Mitch (DreamScapes Land), another hard working teen on LS. I remember hearing that Snapper Man is 15 and has his permit, but he has his dad, mom, or Pablo ride with him.

Third, I can only go by what Snapper Man posts, so I have no knowledge of how he does business, or how professional he is. I'm not trying to start a war with you or anything. Nice to see another Orlando guy on here.

TXNSLighting
11-22-2008, 02:58 PM
This guy busts a$$

Ha! funny...(im referencing a fart joke just so noone gets mad)...

SNAPPER MAN
11-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Jimithing31, I never lied once. Last month I had two blowers stolen while we were working on a property and YES I DID SEE IT HAPPEN. I was 15ft. up on a ladder trimming a palm tree. You cannot just jump down from a ladder that high up. There were two witnesses who both got the same license plate number and my mom filed a police report because SHE is the owner of the company. A week ago a detective called me and they got my blowers back and busted the two guys that did it. Also I have had a PB-410 for three years. It was a backup blower so I used it until I was able to buy another big blower. The blowers stolen were a Stihl BR-600 and an Echo PB-755H.
In texas you do not have to have a license to spray roundup. Sorry if you do in your area.
Pablo is just my helper not my father. Yes my father was in that pic sitting in the tundra because that was the week after I had gotten my blowers stolen and he wanted to come with to make sure nothing happened. Sorry my parents love me. Yes I only have my permit and Pablo has his license so it works good. I drive legally without a parent there.
I have obtained all of my work by word of mouth. One of the offices that I mow, the owner was a friend of my 8th grade math teacher and my teacher told her about me. So thats how I got that job. The other office I mow is my fathers and uncles business. And I got the restaurants because one day I was in there eating and I asked the manager if they were accepting bid, I turned one in and got the job.
I have busted my ass for 4 years to be able to have what I have. I'm sorry if you dont believe me but I have a couple guys on here that can vouch for me. Ask Mitch (dreamscapes), Austin (lawnfreak), and DuratotheMax. They all know what im all about and its not about LYING!!! I am a very hard working person and if you work hard you will succeed. I'm sorry if you dont believe me but you have way too much time on your hands.

SNAPPER MAN
11-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Also jimithing, I got to school monday thru friday 7:30 to 2:30. I also do not look 12. How many 12 year olds are 6'1" and weigh 230lbs? I work after school on friday, and all day saturday. I only service 3restaurants, 2 offices, and 15 residentials.

SNAPPER MAN
11-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Here are some pics from today for those who believe me. The first few pics are of some hedge trimming that we did today. The others are rig shots with my new lettered truck :)

SNAPPER MAN
11-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Here are the rest for this weekend.

KCfireman
11-22-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm 23 but my mom still drives me around. Its fun but I have to sit in the back seat because of the airbags up front.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:thats a good one!

Kennedy Landscaping
11-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Alright, I know for a fact that this guy isn't lying. He busts his ass to get where he is. He posted this stuff because he is proud of himself. I talk to this guy everyday, he is a very hard and dedicated worker. I bet when you were 15 you didn't leave your house at 5:45 in the morning to go pick up your EMPLOYEE. If you don't like the way he runs his business then don't post! It really pisses me off when I see stuff like this on here. He is sucessful GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!

KCfireman
11-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Alright, I know for a fact that this guy isn't lying. He busts his ass to get where he is. He posted this stuff because he is proud of himself. I talk to this guy everyday, he is a very hard and dedicated worker. I bet when you were 15 you didn't leave your house at 5:45 in the morning to go pick up your EMPLOYEE. If you don't like the way he runs his business then don't post! It really pisses me off when I see stuff like this on here. He is sucessful GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!......at 5:45 in the morning im to hungover.:drinkup:that or im either at the fire station workin a shift.

South Florida Lawns
11-22-2008, 10:04 PM
who cares what he's doing I like the pics and the quality of work looks real good. Somebody is making money down there in texas. those trailer wheels are baller.

dura to the max
11-22-2008, 10:14 PM
i talk to Sean on a regular basis and know that he's telling the truth. those of us that are older need to get over the jealousy that someone at 15 has made such a great start. i know that when i was 15 i was doing almost the same amount of work, in high school, w/ someone that could ride in the passenger seat. give the kid a break and enjoy the obvious pride he takes in his hard work. hell, most 15 year olds i know wont work a lick even IF he was doing as someone alleged and his dad owned the company.

keep up the great work Sean!! and dont these haters get you down. they aint got a clue what you put into your work. i remember the long days at 15 and how big of a challenge it was to run a business (and yes i had BIG commercial accounts too) w/ all the other stuff that goes w/ being a teenager.:cool2::cool2:

SNAPPER MAN
11-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks SouthFloridaLawns and Dura, I take great pride in my work. I have always looked up to another crews work here but I think I have just about gotten to their level.:) Thanks again guys.

Tyler7692
11-22-2008, 10:22 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to top a nice tree, especially an oak. Selective pruning.....

dura to the max
11-22-2008, 10:22 PM
hey sean, i was just looking at those pruning pics that you asked me about. im not too familiar w/ the shrubs in question, but i think the work looks really good. my only suggestion would be on the long hedge that runs along the building. the best way IMO to prune stuff like that (depending on how much growth is being removed) seems to be to cut it, rake the clippings out of the top, then come back and re-prune it to get all the stragglers. on that particular photo the top looks a little rough, should be a little neater, or pruned tighter in other words. overall nice work. just wanted to share my humble opinion hoping that it might help you put your pruning skills at a little higher level.

freshprince94
11-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Nice lettering. And that's great that you got the blowers back.

SNAPPER MAN
11-22-2008, 10:29 PM
Dura, I agree. We usually try to blow off the tops of the shrubs but I guess I forgot to on that one..The big shrubs pictured are actually oleanders (I think thats how you spell it). They are interesting to trim because some of the stems are almost a .5 inch thick. I will make sure next time we pay more attention to the detail. We will get that hedge cleaned up next week when we go to mow it.

Tyler, What the customer wants the customer gets. We are getting ready to probably do some mulch and bed cleanouts for him so I want to keep him happy. It was an overall easy job but does look like crap. We cut up all the decent sized limbs for him to use as firewood.

Freshprince, thank you. I was such a relief to get them back and to know that justice will be served. Still waiting to see what their sentence is going to be.

dura to the max
11-22-2008, 11:00 PM
im familiar w/ oleanders, but i don't believe it was oleanders in the pics i was referring to. i was referring to the last pic before the truck pics...the oleanders look really good to me.

Kennedy Landscaping
11-24-2008, 09:33 PM
How do you like having the water jug on the tongue. I need to get something like that for my water. I have a bad habit of not drinking water when I need too

KCfireman
11-24-2008, 09:41 PM
How do you like having the water jug on the tongue. I need to get something like that for my water. I have a bad habit of not drinking water when I need tooi have a 200 gallon water tank in the back of my truck, when it gets empty i just open up a hyrdant and fill er' back up!

SNAPPER MAN
11-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Having the water jug there is nice. I always keep it full of gatorade instead of water. Gatorade is better in my opinion.

KCfireman
11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Having the water jug there is nice. I always keep it full of gatorade instead of water. Gatorade is better in my opinion.gatorade is bad for you. All it does it put more weight on you. Trust me, i wrestled for 5 years.

Mondragon Lawn Serv
11-24-2008, 09:58 PM
hey snapper man i don't like when people bash others around, like they did to you earlier in the posts, i know you're a hard worker, since i have met you, and age shouldn't really matter, it's just a jealous issue i bet they wish their kids would do what you do, work and not just stay home and spend the hard earned money

SNAPPER MAN
11-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks man. I really bust my ass to get where I am. It's not easy to be successful where we live, there are so many people that will do everything for nothing.

Kcfireman, I keep gatorade in the kooler but I also keep a cooler in the truck with bottles of water in it.

KCfireman
11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks man. I really bust my ass to get where I am. It's not easy to be successful where we live, there are so many people that will do everything for nothing.

Kcfireman, I keep gatorade in the kooler but I also keep a cooler in the truck with bottles of water in it.Good. Drink more water than gatorade, because water not only replenishes your fluids it also goes right through your body, gatorade does the exact opposite. Just givin ya' some insight.

Mondragon Lawn Serv
11-24-2008, 10:12 PM
it's so true you need lots of water and here and there get some gatorade, we have two five gallon jugs one water and one gatorade

SNAPPER MAN
11-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Thats what I do mondragon. I keep the gatorade one on the trailer and the water one on the backseat in the extended cab.

SNAPPER MAN
11-29-2008, 06:54 PM
Today was an interesting day. Overcast the whole day, thought it would break loose any second. So the first pic is of my guy cleaning up a yard. The second picture is probably the best rig shot I have taken since the lettering was done. And the last photo is the place I rent to store my trailer and equipment.

KS_Grasscutter
11-29-2008, 07:29 PM
How much do you have to give for that storage unit?

Kennedy Landscaping
11-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Thats a nice storage place there. It looks like the Ford still sags a tad when towing but definetly better than it was

South Florida Lawns
11-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I think the ford looks fine. I bet you pay a pretty penny for that unit there.

Kennedy Landscaping
11-29-2008, 07:53 PM
I think the ford looks fine. I bet you pay a pretty penny for that unit there.

Yeah of course it looks fine, its a Ford:cool2: But it used to sag really bad when he towed the trailer, then he put some helper shocks on it and that helped it out alot

South Florida Lawns
11-29-2008, 08:07 PM
True. I missed those pictures I guess. The only time I can get my truck to sag is with the trailer hooked up with all my mowers, and a pallet of wet mulch in the bed. Usually though, it will just sit nice and level. I took the big wheels off and I lost maybe 4" of ground clearance.

SNAPPER MAN
11-29-2008, 09:22 PM
KS, the storage unit cost me $210 a month but its worth it because there is no way I could fit it all in my garage.

South Florida, The truck usually sits nice and level but my trailer is very tongue heavy and we always have alot of bags in the bed of the truck. But im happy because I just ordered some 20" rims and 305 tires for my tundra earlier :D

dura to the max
11-29-2008, 10:41 PM
KS, the storage unit cost me $210 a month but its worth it because there is no way I could fit it all in my garage.

South Florida, The truck usually sits nice and level but my trailer is very tongue heavy and we always have alot of bags in the bed of the truck. But im happy because I just ordered some 20" rims and 305 tires for my tundra earlier :D

is the tundra 4x4? i guess it would have to be to fit 305's under it. i sure woulda gotten smaller rims though, i like more sidewall on a big tire...but it aint my truck is it? cant wait to see pics

SNAPPER MAN
11-29-2008, 10:44 PM
No the tundra is not a 4X4 but I did not get really knobby tires.

KS_Grasscutter
11-29-2008, 10:48 PM

I pay $195 a month for mine, 15x55, big enough to keep the truck and trailer, plus all my extra junk.

SNAPPER MAN
11-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Ya well here in the city everything cost more. But im happy because it is a very very secure location and is close to where I live.

KS_Grasscutter
11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Ya well here in the city everything cost more. But im happy because it is a very very secure location and is close to where I live.

Yea, mines not terribly secure, and its on the complete opposite side of town.

SNAPPER MAN
11-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Oh that sucks. It's nice that it only takes 5 minutes to get there, and its also just down the road from my school so after school if I need to get something its convenient to get to.

MJS
11-29-2008, 11:59 PM
Great thread, Snapper Man. . . love that trailer - a compartment for everything lol, but that's really cool. Your work looks good - it's a shame you don't have lots of fescue/bluegrass to stripe like some of us farther north. . .

Best of luck man

Kennedy Landscaping
12-02-2008, 08:12 PM
I agree on the trailer, Alot of neat little features to it. New shoes in yet?

SNAPPER MAN
12-03-2008, 08:32 PM
My new wheels. They are XD Monster 20" wheels mounted on 305 Cooper Zeon tires. I love the bad ass tread on the tires. I'll get some more pics tomorrow because I also got a billet grille for the truck too.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Look good. I'm glad I thought of that lol j/k

Petr51488
12-03-2008, 10:32 PM
A few questions..
Why does it look like pablo is getting man handled and chasing after the mowers in all the pictures? lol I allways see the small guys getting overpowerd by walk behinds. It makes me laugh everytime lol

I don't get why you guys use those water containers, and keep them on the truck. Those things need to be washed out, kept cool, out of the rain, dirt etc. What i do is keep a small cooler and fill it up with ice and put my drinks in there. I got a fridge in my shed that keeps the drinks cold, and once thier in the cooler they stay cold. I can't see how washing that thing out (please tell me you do) every day is worth it? I stock up at BJ's once a month with tons of drinks.

And, 5:30 to pick up your employees? Are you nuts? Maybe some of you people are morning people, but you won't see me up before 7:30 on most days. But then again i work late. The only time i wake up early is in the fall and winter when the days are much shorter. My normal work day during the summer is 8:00am to 8:00pm.

Why don't you use the tundra for work?

SNAPPER MAN
12-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Petr51488, The mowers dont control us, we control them. I guess its just the way it looks in the picture because we are all very good at using gear drives.
I clean out the container after every use because that would be disgusting not to. They work good because it is easier to use one cooler for multiple rather than buy separate bottles for everyone. I usually dont pick Pablo up until 6. I leave at 545 to go get him. We only start that early because I have restaurants that we mow and it is alot easier to mow them when there are no cars there. Plus when you start early you finish early.
I use the tundra when I have to tow something heavy but it is my baby. I prefer to use the ford for work because if it gets dented or scratched I dont really care but I care alot about my new tundra.

SNAPPER MAN
12-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Pics from this week. Today we had to trim some palms at one of my commercial accounts that were long over do for being trimmed. We were able to dumb onsite thank god. Also I started out today using the ford but had to switch to the tundra because I had a flat on the ford and had to drop it off at discount tire to get patched. There are also couple pics fom a mansion that I mowed yesterday. Enjoy.

SNAPPER MAN
12-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Here are the others from this week. Let me know what yall think.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Looks good, I spy stripes. I don't know much about palms but I know they look much better. The Toyota looks alot better with the new shoes. What about that billet grille?

KCfireman
12-06-2008, 08:35 PM
those new wheels look exactly like the new F-150's.

freshprince94
12-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Sweet rims on that Tundra.

You are lucky to be able to service such big properties like that.

TXNSLighting
12-07-2008, 11:55 PM
Those wheels really help the look of that truck.

chrissmart123
12-08-2008, 12:01 AM
why would you not get a 4x4?? and why would you ever get a toyota??? be a real man and get a real truck that says AMERICAN MADE!! other than that...not to shabby work kiddo

KCfireman
12-08-2008, 12:02 AM
why would you not get a 4x4?? and why would you ever get a toyota??? be a real man and get a real truck that says AMERICAN MADE!! other than that...not to shabby work kiddo:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::usfl ag::usflag::usflag:

S man
12-08-2008, 12:43 AM
why would you not get a 4x4?? and why would you ever get a toyota??? be a real man and get a real truck that says AMERICAN MADE!! other than that...not to shabby work kiddo

Maybe because he doesn't want to be getting 8 mpg. Snapper and me are REAL men because our tundras are made in texas. Think before you speak.

MortonLawn
12-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Maybe because he doesn't want to be getting 8 mpg. Snapper and me are REAL men because our tundras are made in texas. Think before you speak.

take your own advice and think before you post stuff like this.:hammerhead:

dura to the max
12-08-2008, 09:27 AM

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::u sflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

dura to the max
12-08-2008, 09:28 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

my one ton gets better than 8mpg and will out tow your Toyot

TXNSLighting
12-08-2008, 11:10 AM

8mpg??! Come on, Dmax gets 19 all day! 15 towin. :hammerhead:

Kennedy Landscaping
12-08-2008, 11:24 AM
take your own advice and think before you post stuff like this.:hammerhead:

Oh hell here we go:laugh::rolleyes:

davis45
12-08-2008, 11:30 AM

If real men look like Harry Potter, then yes you are.

lil_cote_93
12-08-2008, 01:39 PM
such a sick truck.
I love the new tundra's
Toyota really stepped it up..

SNAPPER MAN
12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Come on guys dont be hating on my tundra. I have an american truck for work, but my tundra is my baby. It can pull anything that I need it to. It works for me and thats all that matters. Im not pulling skid steers with it so I dont need a F450 to pull my 12ft landscape trailer. My tundra is an American truck. It was born in Texas and built by Texans! Don't be hating on my truck just because you dont like it. It works for me. I didnt buy a 4X4 because I dont need it. I am a man by the way, and I drive a manly truck.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Very well put Snapper. It drives me crazy to see other people talking bad about other peoples stuff. If it works for them and their happy that should be all the matters

lifetree
12-08-2008, 09:49 PM
I feel honored to be metioned in the first post :) ...

You should, he obviously thinks you do good work !!

Petr51488
12-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Come on guys dont be hating on my tundra. I have an american truck for work, but my tundra is my baby. It can pull anything that I need it to. It works for me and thats all that matters. Im not pulling skid steers with it so I dont need a F450 to pull my 12ft landscape trailer. My tundra is an American truck. It was born in Texas and built by Texans! Don't be hating on my truck just because you dont like it. It works for me. I didnt buy a 4X4 because I dont need it. I am a man by the way, and I drive a manly truck.

Yes, but the money goes right back to china.

dura to the max
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Yes, but the money goes right back to china.

actually that would be Japan...

Petr51488
12-08-2008, 10:43 PM
actually that would be Japan...

Same difference lol

South Florida Lawns
12-08-2008, 10:49 PM
are those KMC HD wheels on the tundra?

SNAPPER MAN
12-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Petr, the money goes back to Japan who is our ally and is not communist like China. Very different countries.

South Florida, the wheels are XD monsters.

lawn crafters
12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
so what mowers exactly do you have , take on the trailer and does the tank have a bagger

SNAPPER MAN
12-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Lawn Crafters, I have a 48" Cubcadet commercial Tank ztr, 48" cubcadet commercial wb, 32" cubcadet commercial wb, 21" toro proline, and 2 21" snapper-pro hi'vac mowers. I usually take a 21", and the others depend on what yards I have to service.

S man
12-10-2008, 12:48 AM
Lawn Crafters, I have a 48" Cubcadet commercial Tank ztr, 48" cubcadet commercial wb, 32" cubcadet commercial wb, 21" toro proline, and 2 21" snapper-pro hi'vac mowers. I usually take a 21", and the others depend on what yards I have to service.

Do you put both w/bs ztr and one 21" on the trailer?? My freaken 5x12 won't fit crap. I need a 7X14 or something.

chrissmart123
12-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Do you put both w/bs ztr and one 21" on the trailer?? My freaken 5x12 won't fit crap. I need a 7X14 or something.

i fell ya, you cant put anything sideways on the 5x12

Kennedy Landscaping
12-10-2008, 11:34 AM
My ideal setup for me would be able to have my YTH 180, 36", 21", and the other misc. things if need be. I will probably be putting quite a few racks on my 5x10 over the winter or beginning of next season. I am hoping to get a 7x14 or 7x16 sometime in the next few years. Maybe when I move out on my own though idk

lawn crafters
12-10-2008, 09:09 PM
My ideal setup for me would be able to have my YTH 180, 36", 21", and the other misc. things if need be. I will probably be putting quite a few racks on my 5x10 over the winter or beginning of next season. I am hoping to get a 7x14 or 7x16 sometime in the next few years. Maybe when I move out on my own though idk

why would you want to put your tractoer on your trailer?

Kennedy Landscaping
12-10-2008, 09:13 PM

I do areating and such with it. It gets used alot for tow behinds.

chrissmart123
12-10-2008, 09:14 PM

chicks digg the lawn tractor mannn...comon' get with it lol

Lakewlc
12-10-2008, 09:17 PM
you would keep it on the trailer all the time?

Kennedy Landscaping
12-10-2008, 09:22 PM
you would keep it on the trailer all the time?

No but it would be nice to have the ability to do it if I needed too. Plus I could use the extra room to haul mulch and such

Lakewlc
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
i agree it would be good to have

dura to the max
12-10-2008, 09:50 PM

now he's gonna start swapping trailers on us too....hey guys, watch the classifieds. i foresee multiple trailers for sale in the Louisiana area in the near future.

SNAPPER MAN
12-10-2008, 09:52 PM
LMAO dura to the max,

dura to the max
12-10-2008, 09:55 PM
LMAO dura to the max,

im telling you its the truth

SNAPPER MAN
12-10-2008, 09:57 PM
I know brother. I couldnt fit all my mowers in my trailer, so that is why I take what I NEED for the day and use other ones depending on the yards that have to be serviced. Its not rocket science last time I checked. It's called working with what you have.

dura to the max
12-10-2008, 10:05 PM
I know brother. I couldnt fit all my mowers in my trailer, so that is why I take what I NEED for the day and use other ones depending on the yards that have to be serviced. Its not rocket science last time I checked. It's called working with what you have.

yeah, if i bought and sold equipment for every account i gained/lost id be broker than i am now. lol. you cover your bases w/ equipment and work with what you have. and maybe even decline an account rather than buy a new mower for one lawn:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:imagine that. it aint that hard.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-10-2008, 11:57 PM

Very true.....Very true indeed:laugh:

SNAPPER MAN
12-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Just a pic of my rig from today. The truck sits soo much better ever since I bought new shocks for it.

dura to the max
12-12-2008, 10:30 PM
i wanna see the new grille

Kennedy Landscaping
12-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah that does sit nice. I like the way your trailer is set up too

Petr51488
12-12-2008, 11:58 PM
What kind of shocks did you get and how much where they?

SNAPPER MAN
12-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Here are some pics of a landscape job we did this spring. These were taken right after it was complete. Tell me what yall think.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-17-2008, 09:25 PM
I like it, I think that transition between mulch and stone looks good too

SNAPPER MAN
12-17-2008, 09:25 PM
And these are the rest of the pics from that project. This was my first landscape project.

Penscape Landscaping
12-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Looks great man! I hope all of your haters can look at the fact you are a true lco making a great livin and lovin what you do! Love it and your also up on the current trends in the landscape industry with transition! What kind of trailer is that?

slamjamrockinman
12-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Snapper,
I got to say you do EXCELLENT work. Every pic I have seen the work is very well done. I am 15 too, and you are a lot farther than I am. Nice job and keep up the great work.
One question, I want to get into some more installs like that next year and I am wondering how you do the design work?? Do you work with the customer, or do you just do the whole thing and give them a bill?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Lakewlc
12-17-2008, 09:39 PM
very nice work

SNAPPER MAN
12-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks Penscape and Lawn Freak. I truely love what I do, and have been blessed to have great help this past season. The trailer was custom made by my dad fabricators. His company builds custom offshore compressor skids and nitrogen generators so he had his fabricators build it when they had a slow month. I paid for all the materials and he supplied the labor. I love the trailer and it has made me ALOT of money.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Snapper,
I got to say you do EXCELLENT work. Every pic I have seen the work is very well done. I am 15 too, and you are a lot farther than I am. Nice job and keep up the great work.
One question, I want to get into some more installs like that next year and I am wondering how you do the design work?? Do you work with the customer, or do you just do the whole thing and give them a bill?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

sent you a PM.....

slamjamrockinman
12-17-2008, 10:19 PM
sent you a PM.....

Got it sent a reply.

dura to the max
12-18-2008, 08:54 AM
looks good. i would like to say, and you know i aint hating, the border between the turf and bed could be a little cleaner. overall fantastic work, thats the only area i see taht could use a little more attention. (i am on the station computer so it might be the crappy monitor, but i think it could be a little cleaner)

SNAPPER MAN
12-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Dura to the Max, the beds hadnt been edged when I took the pictures. We cleaned up the edges with the trimmer when we were done.

dura to the max
12-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Dura to the Max, the beds hadnt been edged when I took the pictures. We cleaned up the edges with the trimmer when we were done.

gotcha, i normally do the edge first so that i dont get crap in the new mulch or pine straw. just my .02

SNAPPER MAN
12-19-2008, 07:04 PM
Took some pics of a yard I mowed today. Yard was overseeded about a month ago and it came out very nice. The last pics is of some annuals I planted at this account about a month ago and they are growing in nicely. Let me know what you guys think!

Kennedy Landscaping
12-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Looks good. What height are you cutting that at?

SNAPPER MAN
12-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Here are some pics from a job I did this past summer. The manager of one of the restaurants that we mow wanted the tree's in the front removed pronto so that more people could see his restaurant from the freeway. We had two trucks and trailers and 4 guys working. We took down 5 tree's and grinded the stumps in 5 hours. We were bustin it. We were able to drop all the tree's because we started cutting at about 630 and there were absolutly no cars there. Jorge (guy cutting with saw) was a beast at climbing.

born2farm
12-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Looks like a big job to tackle. Nice stripes too.

Kennedy Landscaping
12-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Wow that is a big job to tackle! I wish I had saws :(:)

SNAPPER MAN
12-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Ha that was a great job. Very easy and tons of profit. I really enjoy doing tree work, its a good change from lawn maintenance.

freshprince94
12-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Do you mow year round up there?

nnj18
12-25-2008, 12:28 PM
dude wheres your dot #s??? roflmao!!

post #241, in the bottom of the 4th picture get them to put in a french drain. Its super easy to do and they won't have that problem and more.

PerfectEarth
12-25-2008, 12:44 PM
dude wheres your dot #s??? roflmao!!

He's in Texas- I'm pretty sure he does not need one with that set-up. But you do.

SNAPPER MAN
12-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Jaz, That is actually a drainage ditch lol. In such a nice neighborhood you would think they could afford a better means to deal with water lol.

Perfect Earth, ROFLMAO!!!