PDA

View Full Version : My picture thread

Scag48
08-29-2008, 02:04 AM
Figured it was about time to throw up some pictures I've collected. I'll try to narrate as best I can. I don't want to get too shown up on the pictures deal these days.

Road widening job just outside of my hometown, I actually own property along this stretch of road. The road needed it badly, I can almost guarantee my property value went up at least 10%.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/034-1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/037.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/017.jpg

How'd this junk get out here?!?!?
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/030.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/033-1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/027.jpg

Construct'O
08-29-2008, 02:28 AM
The 330 looks to be right at home with that Idaho topsoil !!!!!!! Where's your close up of the plastic mailbox handle:confused::usflag:

Never seen a roller like that thing before.Guess i need to travel more,sheltered life.

Scag48
08-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Retaining wall job for my old man before my union days.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/CrystalViewday1008.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/004.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/CrystalViewday1010.jpg

This one is just for Jr.. This is the only way to set down a hoepac overnight.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/015.jpg

Hang ten. With the hoepac on there reaching this far out, the back of the carriage was at least a couple feet off the ground. My dad would absolutely freak out.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/004-1.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/010.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/002.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/Railslider/026.jpg

Scag48
08-29-2008, 02:31 AM
The 330 looks to be right at home with that Idaho topsoil !!!!!!! Where's your close up of the plastic mailbox handle:confused::usflag:

I should do a study and see how many Case excavators actually have that stupid mailbox flag still in tact to derive the average amount of hours before it gets busted off.

scholzee
08-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Some welds on that Case's Boom and Stick????????

Junior M
08-29-2008, 07:51 AM
wow!! that pc600 is huge!! what do they need one that big for?

just went back through the pics and thanks for that pic.. I think? not quite sure tho.. btw nice pics!

bobcat_ron
08-29-2008, 10:45 AM
That is absolutely beautiful country you were working in!

ksss
08-29-2008, 03:17 PM
That is one beautiful CX330. What were those other pictures of?:laugh:

Do your little study Scag. Don't skew the results. I doubt you will that any have been broken. Unless some Union employee has been using it as an anchor point to rappel out of the cab with.

Scag48
08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
That is absolutely beautiful country you were working in!

That's home. Like I said, where the PC600 and D10 are, I have some property up that way, it's out in the sticks a little ways, but my lot is in a subdivision. The retaining wall pics are shots from the valley, my parents house is almost directly across the lake from where the wall was being built.

The only thing that CX330 had going for it was the PSM thumb, that's about it.

Jr., that 600 was used to load blasted rock into offroad trucks. The 10 would push rock to the excavator so it could be loaded. They had a 750 up there at one point, that's a big boy. At the height of the action, they also had at least 5 D8's up there all strewn out, 6 or 7 631D's, couple 16G's, a 6R LGP, and a few good size haul trucks.

Dirt Digger2
08-29-2008, 06:05 PM
snow in August?

Scag48
08-29-2008, 06:06 PM
All these pics were taken earlier this year.

Junior M
08-29-2008, 06:21 PM
that is some beautiful country.. and why is that the proper way to set down a hoe pac?

Scag48
08-29-2008, 06:33 PM
that is some beautiful country.. and why is that the proper way to set down a hoe pac?

So it doesn't wear out the elastomers. There are 4 rubber elastomers that support the plate. If you set the hoepac down on the plate, as if you were going to vibe the ground, if you let that sit overnight it's quite a bit of weight with the boom and stick bearing down on it all night. Obviously if you did that once or twice, it wouldn't ruin them, but over time once they start getting worn out with use, squishing them in a pressed position for 8-10 hours overnight speeds the wear process substantially.

Junior M
08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
oh that makes since...

Digdug
08-29-2008, 06:49 PM
I see they put the CX330 in the hard digging and the Cats in the beach sand. Wise choice. CASE BABY:weightlifter:

KCfireman
08-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Is that all your equipment!!!???!!!??? If it is then all i can say is.....WOW!!! That D10 is sick!!!!:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

Scag48
08-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Nah, not my equipment. I'm an operator for hire now. The road widening stuff is all owned by Scarsella Bros. out of Kent, WA. They have a lot of iron, tons and tons.

The 312 was a rental, the 216 is my old man's.

ksss
08-29-2008, 07:37 PM
The only thing that CX330 had going for it was the PSM thumb, that's about it.

OH Scag come on now. We know thats not true. It also has the plastic mailbox flag going for it and lest I forget it also a CASE. It was very likely the best performing piece of iron on the job.:weightlifter:

Scag48
08-29-2008, 07:59 PM
That PC600 would rip that Case apart. They had a couple PC300's up there at one point as well. To be honest, I'm not sure how that Case got out there, Scarsella runs Komatsu excavators.

That 10N is a pretty savage piece. Just sitting in the cab is badass enough, let alone running the thing. Hopefully I'll get a shot on a 10 at some point, biggest I've run thus far is an 8.

ksss
08-29-2008, 08:04 PM
That PC600 would rip that Case apart. They have a couple PC300's up there at one point as well. To be honest, I'm not sure how that Case got out there, Scarsella runs Komatsu excavators.

Apparently they are "diversifying". Nothing like adding some class to the organization. Perhaps I should have specified performance relative to the machine. However actually it would probably take a Komatsu of twice the size of the CASE excavator to equal its capacity.:cool2:

Scag48
08-29-2008, 08:06 PM
You sure are proud of that Power Tan. The only thing Case produces that really impresses me thus far are the backhoes. But, I've yet to run a Case excavator and skid steer.

ksss
08-29-2008, 08:12 PM
You sure are proud of that Power Tan. The only thing Case produces that really impresses me thus far are the backhoes. But, I've yet to run a Case excavator and skid steer.

How about the new Hydrostatic dozers?, Blades?, haul trucks? Maybe you have run of the new style dozers but I don't know. So the one piece you have run, you are impressed with. I am telling you Scag soon you'll join the rest of us PowerTan fans in the front row!

Scag48
08-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I've never seen a Case blade or haul truck, ever. That might show how popular they are. I'd like to give an 850K a run, but not many guys run them either. Out here, if it's a Case dozer, it's a 450 or 550, the little guys. In this area, Komatsu, Deere, Cat, Hitachi, and Volvo haul trucks pretty much run the market. Case backhoes are a good seller, but that's about the most popular Case piece I see around here. 580SL's for days and days, I see at least 2 or 3 every day.

talus
08-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Thats some nice coutry you got there Scag.

Canon Landscaping
08-29-2008, 09:08 PM
where are the pics of the 277 and 312 you had and all that work you did with them?

Scag48
08-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Didn't get any pics of the 277, I have a few of the 312 I've posted before.

dozerman21
08-29-2008, 09:21 PM
I've never seen a Case blade or haul truck, ever. That might show how popular they are. I'd like to give an 850K a run, but not many guys run them either. Out here, if it's a Case dozer, it's a 450 or 550, the little guys. In this area, Komatsu, Deere, Cat, Hitachi, and Volvo haul trucks pretty much run the market. Case backhoes are a good seller, but that's about the most popular Case piece I see around here. 580SL's for days and days, I see at least 2 or 3 every day.

I think the Case dozers are as good as any others, at least up to the 850 size. Bigger than that I don't have any experience, but that's where Cat probably shines the most. Deere is very popular around here for finish dozers up to a 650. It's really personal preference. I've spent a little time on a Deere and I would buy one. I like the physical size of them, but the Case seems stronger and smoother. When it comes to the newer hystat finish dozers I think there are several good choices that will work good for your application. They are more similar than other machines like backhoes or skids that have more obvious strong points and are preferred by a majority.

Scag48
08-29-2008, 09:25 PM
I tell you what, Komatsu is starting to put together a nice finish dozer. The new D51, while it's practically a D6, is getting to be a popular machine out here. We run a lot of Komatsu dozers at work I'm hearing, we have at least 2 D37's that I know of but we also have a 6R, so I think our dozers is a mixed bag. One of the guys on my crew says we have a 151 somewhere, he said he ran it for a while when it was pretty new and liked it.

stuvecorp
08-29-2008, 10:33 PM
I think the Case dozers are as good as any others, at least up to the 850 size. Bigger than that I don't have any experience, but that's where Cat probably shines the most. Deere is very popular around here for finish dozers up to a 650. It's really personal preference. I've spent a little time on a Deere and I would buy one. I like the physical size of them, but the Case seems stronger and smoother. When it comes to the newer hystat finish dozers I think there are several good choices that will work good for your application. They are more similar than other machines like backhoes or skids that have more obvious strong points and are preferred by a majority.

Have you run the new 1150k? Or the 1650k/l? They are some sweet looking dozers. If we did that kind of work I would definitely have one.

dozerman21
08-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Have you run the new 1150k? Or the 1650k/l? They are some sweet looking dozers. If we did that kind of work I would definitely have one.

Nope, I haven't ran either. The are nice looking machines, but the biggest that I would ever need is probably an 850. I'd like to own an excavator some day and get into pond and residential site work. An 850 would be ideal and I wouldn't have to worry about hauling it around.

Junior M
08-30-2008, 01:08 AM
OH Scag come on now. We know thats not true. It also has the plastic mailbox flag going for it and lest I forget it also a CASE. It was very likely the best performing piece of iron on the job.:weightlifter:
but ksss you forgot what case stands for.. can't attempt serious excavation.. that is definely one thing it has goin for it.. so it wont ever have to work that hard.. it can just lay around and throw a couple pebbles around the yard occasionally.. thats a pretty easy life..

ksss
08-30-2008, 01:40 AM
but ksss you forgot what case stands for.. can't attempt serious excavation.. that is definely one thing it has goin for it.. so it wont ever have to work that hard.. it can just lay around and throw a couple pebbles around the yard occasionally.. thats a pretty easy life..

Jr. it is obviously beyond your bedtime. When the day comes that you are making your own equipment payments. The color of the machine wont mean as much as what it can do. It just so happens the Power Tan machines get a lot done, with very little down time.

Your education is continuing.

Junior M
08-30-2008, 02:11 AM
so what if it is past my bedtime! I went to the football game with everybody so i am allowed.. And i just like messing with you about equipment colors.. I know you always have funny comebacks..

coopers
08-30-2008, 06:40 PM
Nice pics Scag. Any other pics of the 312's jobsite? That was a rockery or a block wall you put in? I have some pics I can try and grab from across the street of some various equipment....rockwall going in and a few other things. Hos Bros. has a few machines across the street, they developed the land and are still doing various things in the development.

Scag48
08-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Nice pics Scag. Any other pics of the 312's jobsite? That was a rockery or a block wall you put in? I have some pics I can try and grab from across the street of some various equipment....rockwall going in and a few other things. Hos Bros. has a few machines across the street, they developed the land and are still doing various things in the development.

I'll see if I can't locate the other 312 pics I have. The retaining wall was a keystone wall, 80 pound blocks, all pinned and engineered.

You talking about Bentley? I've been at that job 3 days this week, we were grading sidewalks in phase 1. There was a dude with a Linkbelt 130 and a rotating grapple setting retaining walls, are those the walls you're talking about? Was a Kobelco 135SR, a new Cat D3K, and a 35SR up top working on 2 basements for houses on E road. We have a 400, a rock truck and a 6R working on a pond down by the road. The dozer operator said as soon as it starts raining, they can't maintain the slope in the pond. It's been a slow week, I had 2 days off. Oh well, still paying the bills, but the weather has been killing me. After I took off yesterday I suppose a lowboy was coming to snag our 938H, bummer. Had a 580 dropped off yesterday morning to run material around and a D37 hanging around. I heard phase 2 still has some work to do, I guess the weather has been hanging that up. Next 10 days are supposed to be 20% or less chance of rain and upper 60's to low 70's. I'm back in Redmond on Tuesday, we'll be running trucks again now that the weather looks like it's going to cooperate.

coopers
08-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Holy hell Scag!! You're right across the street from my house. I live in the neighborhood across from there. That'd be it. When were u over there? U running any of those machines? I guess you already know what's going on there but I'll take pics anyway for everyone else on the forum.

coopers
08-30-2008, 07:21 PM
The Kobelco 135 is at the "second level" of the development, I noticed a guy with a Hitatchi zx200 clearing some stuff down below, there's now a gravel road going north and down the slope into the woods....what's that about?

Scag48
08-30-2008, 07:32 PM
I heard that the neighbor, where that road is going, is going to develop his land and that will be an additional county road entrance to his development. We're not doing the work, but I missed the Hitachi. Is it still there? That Kobelco and D3K got pulled out, they aren't up top anymore as of yesterday.

I'm not running any iron at the pond, I was just up there helping with the sidewalks the last couple days because of the weather we couldn't run trucks down in Redmond. I feel pretty good knowing that the boss could have easily just let me sit at home, but I got called to stay busy out there instead. I was there Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. We were only running the 938, so I was basically grade checking to help get sidewalks and driveways ready for concrete as they were pouring right behind us. I heard the pond isn't quite done, if the weather stays nice, you might get some action down there this week. I know that there's only a couple operators there while the rest of us are in Redmond. I'd like to be there on that pond deal, low stress, I'd run that ADT if need be. The Redmond job is a little stressful, lots of stuff going on all the time. With 3, 400's loading trucks, the D8 bombin' around, and 50+ trucks coming in and out every hour, gets a little crazy. I guess it keeps me lively. Haha

The development is nicely laid out, I was fairly impressed the first day I showed up out there. I must say the dirt crew did a good job on everything out there. I like working for Hos so far, great company, we do top notch work.

coopers
08-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Huh, okay. The Hitachi isn't there, it was on site about 2 or so weeks ago. The Kobelco 135 is still there as well as the mini up at the very top. There's also a Kubota 121-3 at the south end of the 'hood. They are doing some serious digging for that pond, it's deep!

coopers
08-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Here are the pics...the one with the zx135 is from another site....none of these are my jobs nor my machines (obviously).

coopers
08-30-2008, 09:19 PM
...and the rest of the pics...

bobcat_ron
08-30-2008, 09:26 PM
That contractor must have a soft spot for those grapple/clam shells, only the Europeans use them.

Junior M
08-30-2008, 09:27 PM
so who is doing all this? and these are the people that scag works for? just want to make sure i got my facts straight..

P.S. look at my new signature!! hahahahahahaha I love it.. hahaha

dozerman21
08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Here are the pics...the one with the zx135 is from another site....none of these are my jobs nor my machines (obviously).

When you build tiered rock walls like that, what is the procedure for getting them to hold? What kind of footer, compaction, etc... is needed? Is a wall with round boulders tougher to set? I've always been curious as to what is the correct way.

coopers
08-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Ron,

Those that do mostly rockeries all have those PSM grapples on their hoes. They work great for the job, very quick and flexible. What do u guys use up there?

JLM, Scag is working for HOS Bros. so everything except the trackhoes are what his companies owns. The Kobelco and Link Belt are some other contractor who is doing the rockeries, and the other who is doing all the foundation and final grading....the Hitachi was at another site that HOS Bros. is doing north of me, he was brought in to do the rockeries for that site.

coopers
08-30-2008, 09:47 PM
When you build tiered rock walls like that, what is the procedure for getting them to hold? What kind of footer, compaction, etc... is needed? Is a wall with round boulders tougher to set? I've always been curious as to what is the correct way.

The rockwalls you see are just held together by the rocks themselves. You just come in and dig out the hill and I believe they dig so that there is a slight slant inward toward the hill and start laying perforated pipe and filling with 1-1/4" crushed I think and then start stacking rocks...I don't know much about rockeries, I'm still learning myself and haven't attempted one. Round rocks would be a major PITA.

Scag48
08-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Stacking walls with a rotating grapple like that Linkbelt has is the only way to go. So much faster than just a bucket and thumb, you can slam out a ton of wall in a day.

Jr., the 938H and 580SL are ours. The other equipment coopers posted is other stuff that's in the development we're working on, minus the Hitachi.

Looks like they didn't grab that 938 yesterday, I know it is headed out to another job.

Junior M
08-30-2008, 09:56 PM
nice... I would like to see some of that huge iron you work around (or did work around not sure where you at now) for them..

so what does HOS stand for?

ksss
08-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I have never seen backhoe tires like that before. Look like they would wear better on asphalt and concrete than typical ag style tread.

coopers
08-30-2008, 11:00 PM
KSSS,

I noticed that too when I was driving out. At first I thought they were just horribly worn tires and then realized they were more road tires than the typical dirt tires on hoes...

bobcatuser
08-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Scag,

Is there a reason why most of the rubber tire backhoes in Washington state have open cabs. We have the same climate in southern BC and everyone has enclosed cabs here.

coopers
08-31-2008, 01:20 AM
bobcatuser,

I have always wondered the same thing. I think it's funny how many other states and locations in Canada that have backhoes and they are all closed cabs, but for some reason we have a lot of open ROPS. I don't know if it's a money issue and it's hard to justify a cab in our climate or what. I wonder if people aren't in backhoes long enough to need a cab??? I know I personally don't care if I'm in an open ROPS backhoe or not. I've been in some pretty s*#&$ weather and as long as you bundle up it's doable. I'm trying to think of the last time I saw a cab backhoe and I can't think of a time that I was on a job site or passing by one that I've seen a cabbed backhoe. I don't think there is one rental yard that has one so there's one source, as for those that own their own...Who knows.

Scag48
08-31-2008, 03:46 PM
I'll tell you why. When you're not an owner operator, the owner of the company you work for doesn't give a damn whether or not you get wet/cold running any equipment. Not having a cab costs less money, on a hoe chances are you're working around people alot so being able to hear everything is nice. It's not a production machine so you need to be able to hear/talk to people working around you. Visibility is better on ROPS hoes, so technically they're safer. We're a very safety oriented company, we do stretch and flex excercies every morning. We're all about not having any incidents.

Hos is the last name of the brothers that started the company, hence Hos Bros..

The tires on the hoes are great on asphalt except they wear heavy to the outside due to turning. It seems our hoes spend a lot of time on asphalt.

Coopers, did you score any pics of that 400 and the 6R by the pond?

Gravel Rat
08-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Those are wheel loader tires on a rubber tired backhoe and they are on there because they ride better and work better for utility work.

I was just looking at the Olympia auction (Ritchies) all the backhoes are open ROPs you never catch me running a backhoe with a open ROPs you get filthy in dusty conditions. Just like running a mini with a open ROPs.

Junior M
08-31-2008, 04:24 PM
I didnt know it was hos brothers.. all i could read was hos.. so how long has this company been running?

Scag48
08-31-2008, 04:35 PM
Over 25 years I believe. We're pretty good size considering only 25 years. Other companies around here like Goodfellow Bros. and Scarsella Bros. have been around for 50+ years.

GR you'd run a ROPS machine if the boss told you to. Quit being a pansy little girl. :laugh:

Gravel Rat
08-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Open ROPs are only on mini excavators so I don't have to worry but on a backhoe no way. When I was running backhoe the dust would cover the cab I was constantly washing the windows I even had to have the doors closed to keep the dust out.

In the winter the heater wasn't enough to keep me from freezing :laugh:

coopers
09-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Scag, funny you metion the stretching, where my training is for my primary job the hos. brother's jobsite is next door, and I looked over one day while going inside the building and they were all doing fancy stretching...I laughed because of what I have to go through for my training but none-the-less, it's good that they're so aware and on top of that.

I did not get any pics of the 400 etc. I almost pulled in and took a few shots but within 5 seconds of getting out of my truck to take pics of what I got, I had framers asking me what I was doing...I had to do some fancy story telling to just get them to leave me alone. :)

Scag48
09-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Is your training center across from the Safeway job?

Yep, good 'ol stretch and flex. In all honesty though, it does help. You don't think about it, but it gets you limbered up before sitting your ass down on a machine for 8-10 hours a day.

I would've told the framers to relax, it's not like you were hurting anything. I've shown up on sites just to see what was going on, not doing anything stupid or trying to be a problem, but I've found that wearing my vest and hard hat definately helps.

ksss
09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Scag, funny you metion the stretching, where my training is for my primary job the hos. brother's jobsite is next door, and I looked over one day while going inside the building and they were all doing fancy stretching...I laughed because of what I have to go through for my training but none-the-less, it's good that they're so aware and on top of that.

I did not get any pics of the 400 etc. I almost pulled in and took a few shots but within 5 seconds of getting out of my truck to take pics of what I got, I had framers asking me what I was doing...I had to do some fancy story telling to just get them to leave me alone. :)

They probably thought you were OSHA.

Scag48
09-02-2008, 12:02 AM
They probably thought you were OSHA.

I'm sure they did. But, all OSHA employees have to have a nametag, hardhat, the whole get-up on when they show up. Most of them are well presented when they show up. However, anyone showing up taking pictures would make me nervous, but unless they look terribly official, they probably aren't.

coopers
09-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Well if your truck looks like this, then this is why they probably couldn't stop looking at me and wondering if I would produce a vest that said ICE. :waving:

Scag, no my training location is on West Casino Road in Everett, not too far east of Airport Rd.

Scag48
09-02-2008, 01:45 AM
Gotcha, the Casino road job. We're doing a Safeway in Bothell, figured you might have been around there.

We'll be in Redmond all this week if the weather stays nice like it's supposed to. Drop by if you get bored. :drinkup:

coopers
09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh okay, the Safeway job must be the new one at the corner of SR 527 and 240th St NE....by the country village, saw the 580 on the trailer. I will stop by if I have time this week...definitely let me know if you are in Bothell at one of the two sites.

Scag48
09-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Will do. I doubt I'll be back to Bentley this week but I'll let you know if I do for some reason end up there. We are trucking like crazy down south, 12 hours for me today. My paychecks are awesome!

coopers
09-04-2008, 04:03 AM
AWESOME! Paychecks are good.... :)

cpaum
09-04-2008, 04:18 PM
Hey guys!!!!

You all need to check out this product! I'm not joking!! If you can say I don't need one. Tell me why. There is no one in this world that couldn't use one of these. I just happen to come across this product on the web. Someone needs to show this company how to market to us.

www.paumco.com/fork_grapple.htm

Paumco Fork Grapple System!!!

Give me your thoughts.

coopers
09-05-2008, 03:26 AM
Wow, I thought I've seen it all when it comes to SS attachments. That seems like a waste of money IMO. There are plenty of attachments that already do that, how lazy do we need to get where we can't change from a grapple bucket to pallet forks in a matter of seconds? Just my thoughts and observations.

cpaum
09-05-2008, 10:41 AM
You tell me how you can build a rock wall, dig a 20 x 24 x 30 inch hole in one pass, lift a wood log and place it on a log spliter or fit through and move around a small area with a grapple bucket.

ksss
09-05-2008, 11:06 AM
You tell me how you can build a rock wall, dig a 20 x 24 x 30 inch hole in one pass, lift a wood log and place it on a log spliter or fit through and move around a small area with a grapple bucket.

I am not seeing the value of it either. Obviously you do, since you have hijacked almost every post with this POS. The problem is not with marketing as much as R&D. If you can find value in it more power to you. It would appear that this is your design? Good luck with it. I don't find myself digging many 20X24x30 holes, do much log splitting and seem to get along fine with a typically grapple bucket, even in congested job sites. Maybe some one does find this as an answer to their prayers.

ccstrebe
09-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I am not seeing the value of it either. Obviously you do, since you have hijacked almost every post with this POS.

:laugh::laugh:I know we have had our disagreements, but that was funny!:laugh::laugh:

RockSet N' Grade
09-05-2008, 12:10 PM
We have a russian gal named Zelda who sleeps in the barn......she is tough on narrow door openings, but other than that, she stacks hay, digs trenches, splits logs with her teeth, sets boulders with one arm tied behind her back, pays me to work, doesn't complain and has sisters........sheesh, that seems to me to be the best of the best "attachments" out there, I mean, who could live without Zelda?

cpaum
09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
I sure wish this was my product. I just wanted to be a good guy and let you all know about it. But i see you guys always think someone is out to sell you something all the time. I got one coming because I see where it is handy. If you don't don't take it out on me. I'm just a dirt head trying to help guys like me out. You know it all bud. Way to go.

Lazer_Z
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I sure wish this was my product. I just wanted to be a good guy and let you all know about it. But i see you guys always think someone is out to sell you something all the time. I got one coming because I see where it is handy. If you don't don't take it out on me. I'm just a dirt head trying to help guys like me out. You know it all bud. Way to go. Well if it's not your product then why does it say SPONSOR under your used name? First you were pitching your quick spade on these guys, now you're pitching this. How about you start your own thread, post some pictures and ask for honest opinions? be prepared though to get chewed up, spit out and have that process repeated several times. :waving:

ksss
09-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Well if it's not your product then why does it say SPONSOR under your used name? First you were pitching your quick spade on these guys, now you're pitching this. How about you start your own thread, post some pictures and ask for honest opinions? be prepared though to get chewed up, spit out and have that process repeated several times. :waving:

I would also add that Cooper gave an honest opinion of it and you were quick to jump on him, much like someone who had something invested in this attachment beyond that of a normal buyer. I also am about 99.9% sure this is your attachment. At least be honest about that. Your user name and the name of the company that builds this are suspiciously close (I am no detective but I play one on the internet). The SPONSOR under your name was also much more obvious clue. I suggest the same as above. Make your own thread and I am sure people will tell you what they think. Don't crucify the messenger. If it looks poo and smells like poo, its usually poo. As far as "knowing it all" not hardly. If you were to take a poll here on Lawnsite, I'll bet I would actually fall into the "doesn't know much" to "doesn't know enough" catagory. I appreciate the "knows it all" vote however. Good luck with your attachment.

Scag48
09-05-2008, 10:26 PM
The grapple thing looks almost worthless. A 4 in 1 bucket can do all that and more.

Coopers, we're slogging out more dirt tomorrow down south if you are bored on a Saturday.

Kaiser, you gonna be out here in a couple weeks for the auction still? I got a couch you can sleep on if you don't mind being about 60 miles from the auction site.

Been a long week out here, I'm pushing about 20 hours of overtime after I work tomorrow. Ran the D8 today, had a little fun. Ripping hardpan coming down a 2:1 slope is fun times, then I'd bulk push to a 400 loading trucks. Doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

ksss
09-05-2008, 10:36 PM
I am hoping to. I might be tied up all that week and unable to get away. I am hoping to be able to break free.

coopers
09-06-2008, 05:55 AM

First of all I wouldn't build a freakin' rock wall with that POS, that's called an EXCAVATOR...and Maybe a grapple bucket is wider than that attachment but that thing is long and just pointless.

Perfect touch landscapes
10-08-2010, 02:21 AM
You dont see a view like that just anywhere.
http://perfecttouchlandscapes.com