PDA

View Full Version : Some pics from this week

menges21
08-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Pics of a small install job that we did at a new house and one yard that i cut today for a friend. Im not a lawn guy at the company i work from I run the landscape side of things. But we are fairly large we service 165 accounts a week this is our third year in the business.

menges21
08-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Yes the mulch and the edging were perfect when I was done with the job took the pics two days later they must have walked in it and messed it up watering the plants.

menges21
08-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Some more lawn pics

Marbleman
08-29-2008, 09:10 PM
I like your use of texture and color. I do recommend that you make your mulch bed curves more free flowing with longer sweeps, this will make mowing much easier and it will look more natural.

I think you planted the Chamaecyparis too close together, and you could have used more lirope in that area, but all and all nice job.

nobagger
08-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Looks pretty good but dude whats up with those edges? Next time try making more natural sweeping curves vs. those abrupt ones. And clean up those edges, thats not from guys walking over it, its just not done very well, sorry but hope this might help at some point.

LawnMowerKing10
08-29-2008, 11:32 PM
how do you like the bobcat?

Riley Lawn Service
09-01-2008, 02:44 AM
nice stripes on that yard are you going to plant grass at the home from your first pics?

Kennedy Landscaping
09-01-2008, 02:47 AM
I like it, very nice work

deere615
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Very nice work

menges21
09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks, this was my third design ever my boss gave me the reins on this job and was very impressed i did the design and the installation on my own. Its nice to finally be able to show what I can do. We are not going to sod the yard the homeowner is doing it himself, trying to save some money i guess, but he wants me now to design the rest of his house for him which if you can see from the pictures is a million dollar log home. And as for the mower i really like it, this is my first ztr ive used before that I use a great dane surfer and wb's. It has the 23hp kawasaki and is very smooth cutting no bogging or nothing

windsory
09-01-2008, 11:17 PM
looks really good. what's the name of the company you work for i may know of them?

South Florida Lawns
09-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Good job, but a rule of thumb when working with rocks is try to burry them. Make it look like they are emerging from the earth and were there for hundreds of years as part of the natural landscape (like they were already there and you planted around them). And never stack rocks:nono:. Also with your tree you want to leave the gravel and or dirt away from the top of the root ball you can easily kill it. I'm not bashing your work, just trying to help you out a little.

georgiagrass
09-02-2008, 02:55 AM
Looks nice, but I agree with some of the other posters. Whoever mows that yard will cuss you for those lines. Also, if that tree is in direct sun light, those rocks will get really hot and bake the roots. Finally, the purple fountain grass will be an annual where you live.

menges21
09-02-2008, 05:18 PM
The company I work for is Yards Ahead Lawn & Landscape its my cousins business. As for the root ball they had gravel underneath it so we had to put dirt in to give is a chance I know its not proper. Honsetly the homeowner had rushed this job he still needed to repave the driveway but he wanted it done now so we took care of it. As for the grass its japanese blood grass and I think its a perenial not exactly sure though.

georgiagrass
09-02-2008, 05:54 PM
You are correct that Japanese Blood Grass is a perennial, but I believe that you are incorrect about what is planted in the pics. BTW, if you were correct, JBG is an agressive and invasive spreader.

STIHL GUY
09-02-2008, 11:11 PM
nice mower

02DURAMAX
09-05-2008, 03:15 AM
Good Work!!!

Surf'n'Turf
09-06-2008, 02:38 PM
looks like a casola job with all the rocks and what not