View Full Version : How is Mr. Ric?

heritage
08-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I hope the storm did not hurt Ric.....

Best wishes!

Pete

Whitey4
08-30-2008, 12:01 AM
You mean that guy that calls me a lawn boy because I do complete property management, including maintenance? The one who whined about losing his last house because he had no insurance? And didn't insure this new house on the water? I have no idea.... and I won't lose any sleep over it either.

However, I am very worried about people in the New Orleans area that just finished rebuilding.... this thing is headed right for them. It really is time to vacate these ares that just get wiped out in storms.... including N.O. which was built below sea level.... OR... spend BILLIONS doing what the Dutch did.

In any case, this isn't the right forum....

LawnTamer
08-30-2008, 12:09 AM
You mean that guy that calls me a lawn boy because I do complete property management, including maintenance? The one who whined about losing his last house because he had no insurance? And didn't insure this new house on the water? I have no idea.... and I won't lose any sleep over it either.

Tell us how you really feel. :laugh::laugh:

Whitey4
08-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Tell us how you really feel. :laugh::laugh:

Old saying.... "You reap what you sow." The darndest thing about this is that as a christian, I have to pray for those who least I want to.... so Ric the --- gets some prayers.... geeze, it's hard to be a chritstian sometimes! :angel:

tamadrummer
08-30-2008, 12:23 AM
The one who whined about losing his last house because he had no insurance? And didn't insure this new house on the water? I have no idea.... and I won't lose any sleep over it either.

Just so you know, many places cannot be insured. They simply will not insure them. The insurance lobby is something special. They get to take out the state senators and congress men and in turn we get told our homes are uninsurable.

As far as Ric goes, I am sure he is fine. We did not get it too bad on the west cost. The folks on the east coast got it the worst.

tremor
08-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Ric might be a little ornary sometimes but he's earned the right to be. So far, other than a wet laptop, he's OK.

Russ
08-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Ric might be a little ornary sometimes but he's earned the right to be. .
That's for damn sure!!!!!

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Ric: Where Are You?????????

bug-guy
08-30-2008, 10:49 AM
hopefully he's on vaca.

Victor
08-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Ric might be a little ornary sometimes but he's earned the right to be. So far, other than a wet laptop, he's OK.

There's a big difference between being ornery and being outright condescending Steve. Ric is outright condescending. No one in my opinion will ever earn the right to be condescending. Ric seems to be under the mistaken impression that his knowledge of the turf industry gives him the right to disrespect members of this forum that don't share his knowledge.

This is the only time I've disagreed with you on anything you've said in this forum Steve. Having said all of this, I still DO hope that Ric isn't playing water polo with bull sharks right now. Even if he is, I'm sure he'd be fine. He probably would taste so bad that they wouldn't eat him. :laugh:

turf hokie
08-30-2008, 11:26 AM
I heard he ran to New Jersey for some protection:laugh:

I hope he is fine and look forward to seeing him on here again.

ArizPestWeed
08-30-2008, 01:07 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=2458571#post2458571

I have not seen him since I wrote this about him

phasthound
08-30-2008, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=turf hokie;2490817]I heard he ran to New Jersey for some protection:laugh:QUOTE]

Ouch!

Whitey4
08-30-2008, 10:37 PM
There's a big difference between being ornery and being outright condescending Steve. Ric is outright condescending. No one in my opinion will ever earn the right to be condescending. Ric seems to be under the mistaken impression that his knowledge of the turf industry gives him the right to disrespect members of this forum that don't share his knowledge.

This is the only time I've disagreed with you on anything you've said in this forum Steve. Having said all of this, I still DO hope that Ric isn't playing water polo with bull sharks right now. Even if he is, I'm sure he'd be fine. He probably would taste so bad that they wouldn't eat him. :laugh:

I have to agree... simply because I had a difference of opinion with the guy as far as home owners who leave all sorts of toys and obstacles out... he thought that was reason enough to call me "Lawn Boy". Why? Because I do property management, maintenance and apps.

That is as condescending as a person can get. There have been many other such "incidents" that had nothing to do with me. Frankly, I see the guy as a cantankerous, bitter old man who makes Archie Bunker look like a nice understanding guy. That is the image I have of him.... I actually laughed when he started that "oh, whoa is me" post.

What comes around often goes around.... and again, I wish him no difficulties... but he is no Rodney, Ted, Larry, g doc, Riggs, hokie, Marcos or a bunch of other very helpful people here. The guy has anger spewing out of nearly every post he writes and could care less how life goes for anyone else besides him, as far as I can tell.

Being knowledgable and experienced is great... and Ric is... being a confrontational blow hard is not.... and again, that's Ric. On some level... I feel sory for him, and hope I don't end up as bitter and angry as he is. But sympathy? :laugh:

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't want to start anything, cuz I like you, too, Whitey... but I think Ric is great. He's got a gruff exterior, but the more I talk with him the more I like him. I respect your feelings entirely. I just feel the need to speak in his defense since he isn't here to work his magic. :laugh: He's the most useful person I've found on this site and is actually just a little teddy bear at heart. :dancing: (Now he'll tear ME a new one for posting that. haha.)

rcreech
08-30-2008, 11:21 PM
I must say...I see both sides here!

I once was not a real big fan of Ric...but have come to like him and respect him over time on here!

Ric offers a lot of very good info on here, you just have to know how to take him!

I have had it out with him several times and probably will in the future over something, but that is just the way he is!

Best way to put it (and I think he would take this as a compliment)...he is just a smart freak'n prick! :laugh:

Hope he's alright! Sure he is....

txgrassguy
08-31-2008, 12:46 AM
I'll chime in on this post.
First of all I do not find Ric to be gruff, crass, rude or problematic.
What I do notice about Ric, and it is a trait I have, is that neither he or I have much tolerance for individuals whom purport to be a professional yet quite clearly are not.
Either in an obvious lack of basic knowledge, the inability to conduct their own research prior to posting or the narrow mindedness to disagree when a reply to a post is made in an effort to correct a mis-understanding.
Additionally I have found Ric to be a humerus guy whom I am pleased to say I know and correspond with.
And Steve isn't too bad for a Lesco or is it John Deere Landscapes now, weenie.

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-31-2008, 02:56 AM
I've had Ric chide me now and again. But it is impossible for Ric to offend any of you unless YOU CHOOSE to take offense. I'm hearing echoes of some wounded pride here. Ric is certainly brutally direct and honest. But, as I've quoted multiple times before:

"He who takes offense when none is intended is a fool. He who takes offense when offense IS intended is a bigger fool."

Ric is Ric. But OUR reaction to him is completely on our own shoulders.

*trucewhiteflag*

Look at Larry. He's a perfect example. Ric tries SO hard to jab Larry every chance he gets. But Larry just smiles and waves back at him - and even listens to what he has to say now and again. That's all it takes. Water off a duck's back...

bug-guy
08-31-2008, 10:37 AM
RIC
Where are you?
You got some splaining to do! (spoken like another ricky)

dougmartin2003
08-31-2008, 11:00 AM
you dont even want to know how i feel about the topic

Michael J. Donovan
08-31-2008, 11:52 AM
agree/disagree with ric, like him or not, please don't turn this thread into a love/hate, bash fest on the guy...the thread was started in regards to where he is and if he is ok after the storm, so let's not turn it into something it doesn't need to be

bug-guy
08-31-2008, 12:35 PM
amen brother.

there are a few people here i do not see eye to eye with but have given me
advise and have been helpful.

let's hope ric is on vaca ... maybe europe ... covert mission to find bobbyge

tremor
08-31-2008, 12:56 PM

Hi Vic,

OK...so we'll agree to disagree on this one. Ric's getting on in years & doesn't share our politically correct forum word skills. But condescending? Patience probably isn't Ric's strongest attributes so I guess that's a fair assessment some days.

It took years to get to know Ric so well that I'll defend his honor. But then I don't check in here so often any more as to know who he's butted racks with lately or how hard.

He was okay last week when I last spoke with him.

Ric
08-31-2008, 03:40 PM
What I do notice about Ric, and it is a trait I have, is that neither he or I have much tolerance for individuals whom purport to be a professional yet quite clearly are not.
Either in an obvious lack of basic knowledge, the inability to conduct their own research prior to posting or the narrow mindedness to disagree when a reply to a post is made in an effort to correct a mis-understanding.
Additionally I have found Ric to be a humerus guy whom I am pleased to say I know and correspond with.

Steve

I have never been bashful about calling it like I see it. Political correctness was not an issue when I grew up in the 1940's & 1950's. We kept score when we played games and if you couldn't make the Little League Team, you didn't play. Social promotion to the next grade were unheard of. Unlike today people took pride in their choice profession and studied it by working with an experienced teacher before going out on their own.

Today the world has changed and the sorry sisters who can't make the A team still get to play, only now they don't even keep score. Maybe they don't keep score because these same sorry sisters can't count either.

Those of you with thin skin and unable to make the A team, please put me on your ignore list. I have no desire to share my experience with you.

bug-guy
08-31-2008, 05:34 PM
He's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rcreech
08-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Steve

I have never been bashful about calling it like I see it. Political correctness was not an issue when I grew up in the 1940's & 1950's. We kept score when we played games and if you couldn't make the Little League Team, you didn't play. Social promotion to the next grade were unheard of. Unlike today people took pride in their choice profession and studied it by working with an experienced teacher before going out on their own.

Today the world has changed and the sorry sisters who can't make the A team still get to play, only now they don't even keep score. Maybe they don't keep score because these same sorry sisters can't count either.

Those of you with thin skin and unable to make the A team, please put me on your ignore list. I have no desire to share my experience with you.

Ric,

Good to see ya back! Did you weather the storm ok?

tremor
08-31-2008, 08:21 PM

Now we've got trouble. It's been a while since anyone could make the Lesco allegation and I have NEVER been coerced into selling John Deere patio furniture.
Jeez!

Welcome back Ric!

Ric
09-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Ric,

Good to see ya back! Did you weather the storm ok?

rcreech

Mother Nature be very very good to me THIS TIME. But others here in Florida weren't so lucky. It is interesting that if history repeats itself, there were several Catastrophic Storms that lead up to the Great Depression. We seem to be in that same weather cycle as well as a real down turn in our economy. I fear for the financial well being of Barney Smith not Smith-Barney.

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
rcreech

Mother Nature be very very good to me THIS TIME. But others here in Florida weren't so lucky. It is interesting that if history repeats itself, there were several Catastrophic Storms that lead up to the Great Depression. We seem to be in that same weather cycle as well as a real down turn in our economy. I fear for the financial well being of Barney Smith not Smith-Barney.

Sooo with history repeating itself, does that mean we're gonna have another dustbowl? Those guys in OK are gonna hate life.

LawnTamer
09-01-2008, 11:08 AM
rcreech

Is Barney Smith your significant other, or partner? I really don't know the lingo.

Anyway, I'm glad you and Barney are OK.

J/K Ric:laugh::laugh::laugh: glad you made it through the storm. I can't imagine having to put up with hurricanes.

Ric
09-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Sooo with history repeating itself, does that mean we're gonna have another dustbowl? Those guys in OK are gonna hate life.

Whoopedass

We have been in a drought and now Gus is about to wipe out a lot of oil refineries on the Mississippi River along with the Chocolate City. We are no longer the Bread basket of the world and haven't been for a while. The modern Dust Bowl is more like a cost of doing business war for American Farmers. Argentina supply's the Beef and Brazil is the new grain bowl. While China is the big consumer now, there range land is over grazed and Geese and Pork are now their main meat source, grown with Brazilian grain. If we lose the Louisiana, East Texas Refineries to Gus, gas will go sky high like we haven't seen yet. I believe we will all want to move to Utah and eat Moose Meat.

Ric
09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Is Barney Smith your significant other, or partner? I really don't know the lingo.

Anyway, I'm glad you and Barney are OK.

J/K Ric:laugh::laugh::laugh: glad you made it through the storm. I can't imagine having to put up with hurricanes.

LawnTamer

Barney Smith is the average working man. Smith Barney is the Stock Broker that invests the 98% of the worlds wealth for the 2% of the worlds population.

LawnTamer
09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Whoopedass

We have been in a drought and now Gus is about to wipe out a lot of oil refineries on the Mississippi River along with the Chocolate City. We are no longer the Bread basket of the world and haven't been for a while. The modern Dust Bowl is more like a cost of doing business war for American Farmers. Argentina supply's the Beef and Brazil is the new grain bowl. While China is the big consumer now, there range land is over grazed and Geese and Pork are now their main meat source, grown with Brazilian grain. If we lose the Louisiana, East Texas Refineries to Gus, gas will go sky high like we haven't seen yet. I believe we will all want to move to Utah and eat Moose Meat.

A lot there, China is the new consumer state, it will be followed by India, as tech jobs and service jobs are being exported there. My wife called our little local bank, got a call center in India! America has gone from an agrarian society, to a producing society to a consumer society, with jobs largely based in the service industry, it is not sustainable.

LawnTamer
09-01-2008, 11:42 AM
LawnTamer

Barney Smith is the average working man. Smith Barney is the Stock Broker that invests the 98% of the worlds wealth for the 2% of the worlds population.

I know, I was just having fun..... You know, you think someone might be dead, you find out they are alive, so you poke fun.

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-01-2008, 12:48 PM
I believe we will all want to move to Utah and eat Moose Meat.

You'd laugh if I told you about some of our prophecies regarding folks coming to Utah for refuge when things get apocalyptic! Ric, you're always welcome at my home. I'll even let you borrow my PC so you can continue making friends with the other guys on lawnsite.

heritage
09-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Steve

Welcome Back Mr Ric,

Glad your ok.

Pete

tremor
09-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Ric,

Did you get all the rice out of the keyboard yet? I'm gonna squirrel that tip away for a real rainy day.

Ric
09-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Ric,

Did you get all the rice out of the keyboard yet? I'm gonna squirrel that tip away for a real rainy day.

Steve

It works on Cell Phones Also. I once dropped a Cell phone into a pond and dried it out to get another years use out of it. My Laptop only got rained on when Fay's winds blew rain water into my Cab-Over. When I tried to fire up the Laptop it shorted out. The printer didn't get wet.

I placed my Laptop into a Garbage bag with Rice. I sealed the bag and let the Rice draw out all the Moisture from my Laptop. It took several days but I am making this post with that Laptop. The Rice was then cooked and eaten since I eat a lot of Rice being part Asian. BTW I have Yahoo E mail and back up my Laptop by E mailing myself the files I need to back up. I can retrieve my files from any computer in the world. I do have a Maintenance contract that will replace the Laptop if I send it back. But the software and files would be lost.

As Far as Rice still falling out of my Laptop there is no real problem. The Rice was put in the Garbage bag first, and the Open laptop was set on top of the rice. A twist tie is used to seal the bag. Sure some rice gets on or in the laptop but it is no problem compared to throwing away a Laptop.

tremor
09-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I back up certain price quotes to webmail accounts. Yahoo, G-Mail, Hotmail, my website, etc. If I stop into a customer's ill prepared, I log onto the account & access only the data files needed. The key is to log back off.

Beats the heck out of lugging this "laptop" every where. Memory sticks are OK but I'd hate to lose one.

rcreech
09-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Whoopedass

Ric,

I was VERY WORRIED about the oil rigs...but in watching the news this afternoon they said that very little damage occurred and actually oil went down today.

This was the perfect opportunity for gas to hit $6.00. Maybe those oil guys are nice guys after all! :laugh:

Ric
09-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I back up certain price quotes to webmail accounts. Yahoo, G-Mail, Hotmail, my website, etc. If I stop into a customer's ill prepared, I log onto the account & access only the data files needed. The key is to log back off.

Beats the heck out of lugging this "laptop" every where. Memory sticks are OK but I'd hate to lose one.

Steve

I have had Flash drives go bad. Therefore I don't trust them. Like you I have several Web Based E mail accounts which you have two address. One account is used to bill snowbird customers only. By sending from one account to another account I get double protection from both my sent and received folder. It doesn't take a minute to attach a file date it and send. I normally bill right on the job, But this last week I billed the accounts I planned to do that day each morning from my Desktop. I found it to be faster than firing up the laptop at each stop. So now I bill each morning and only fire up the laptop if there is an unexpected change that has to be made. I have been carrying a laptop & printer in the Truck for about two years now. I have a file of the plants to answer the questions that are ask most often. By printing off the answer with an Explanation, builds customer relations. This weeks question has been Plumbago's and why they are looking so bad. The answer is all the rain. But the Printed Answer also covers fertilization and Insect-fungal problems of that plant as well as sun & water needs and season of color etc. If I am going to be the Highest priced guy in town I have to give them Bang for their Buck and Wow Factor.

BTW When I had the Big Show I used remote access and my Bookkeeper worked on my computer from her home. The only real problem was leaving my Computer on 24/7 and not being able to work on it at the same time. It worked well and we never had a problem other than taking her the hard copy to be punched in. Now when I buy Gas it, get recorded right at the pump. I do all purchases by Debt Card or Check and everything matches my Bank statement.

rcreech

I also see Gustav has increased to a 3. But so far no problem with the Rigs or Refineries. Having lived in Louisiana, there a lot of Refineries and Chem plants on the Mississippi River as well as East Texas and the Houston area. The Oil Rigs have some of the best Deep Water Fishing in the world. I used to fill my Freezer with a once a year trip.

Google "Jatropha curcas" Physician Nut Tree, Farmers in my area are growing these tree because the Oil from the seeds are Bio-Diesel ready without any processing. Just crush the Seed to get the Fuel. Problem is the average tree only produces a Gallon a year. They are native to Central America and can only be grown in Zone 9, 10 & 11. While these trees are not the total answer they do provide Farmers with the old pioneer spirit of grow it or make it your self. Of Course a lot of research is going into Jatropha curcas to improve production.

Whitey4
09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
agree/disagree with ric, like him or not, please don't turn this thread into a love/hate, bash fest on the guy...the thread was started in regards to where he is and if he is ok after the storm, so let's not turn it into something it doesn't need to be

That's fine..... but as a mod, is this the right forum for this? It isn't.... that much is obvious. Put the BS in that BS forum.... problem solved. This has nothing to do with applications. It's as off topic as it can get. Let Ric share his worries elsewhere. Then, it won't turn into something it doesn't need to be. That IS what mods do, isn't it?

LawnTamer
09-01-2008, 09:42 PM
That's fine..... but as a mod, is this the right forum for this? It isn't.... that much is obvious. Put the BS in that BS forum.... problem solved. This has nothing to do with applications. It's as off topic as it can get. Let Ric share his worries elsewhere. Then, it won't turn into something it doesn't need to be. That IS what mods do, isn't it?

Boy, who peed in your Cheerios this morning?:laugh::laugh:

Ric always posts here, applicators are the ones who will miss him, the thread has evolved a bit into one on economics. The economy effects our business as much as bugs, weather or anything else.

gregory
09-01-2008, 10:29 PM
tks for the input on the plumbago's mine are looking like crap just started to look that way over the last 2 weeks now i understand why tks ric......

still having that problem with that nora grant leaves are a pale green color sprayed it with copper doesn't seem to have helped it.....

tamadrummer
09-01-2008, 10:38 PM
tks for the input on the plumbago's mine are looking like crap just started to look that way over the last 2 weeks now i understand why tks ric......

still having that problem with that nora grant leaves are a pale green color sprayed it with copper doesn't seem to have helped it.....

Is your manganese level right? You have to make sure that there is enough Mn for the plant to uptake Fe and go green.

I did not see the thread about plumbagos but mine look like butt too, they go yellow this time of year every year.

My flortam does too. Even though I am using a blend from Growers 15-0-15 with micros and bifen and the dang thing always goes 50% or more limey green and then winter will come and it will look so thick and dark green but as soon as the heat is on it goes lime again.

PS Ric, it is great to see you post in here! Take no guff from anyone, you have way too much to bring to the party for it!

bug-guy
09-01-2008, 11:18 PM

whitey lighten up!
this post was not started by ric, but others who were hoping all was good with the storm and all.
you have gone off subject many times he!! when you first started to post here you went on and on about your self the same on every thread you posted.
we get the idea you do not like ric!!
it's like ron white say's you have the right to remain silent, but not the ability.

Shades of Green LService
09-01-2008, 11:28 PM

love the replies on this thread!!!!

Victor
09-02-2008, 12:00 AM
I know you won't believe it when I tell you this Ric, but YES! I'm glad you're doing well. Even though I derive an immense amount of pleasure giving you as hard of a time as you seem to enjoy giving others on here, I'm still elated to see that you're alright.

I had a really bad feeling this weekend that things would be much worse by now in your area than they turned out to be. I was almost convinced Gustav would have been a category 4, or 5 by the time it made landfall.

Hi Steve. I think this world would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed on everything. While we don't agree on this topic, I do understand your line of thinking.

Whitey... I can understand and agree with the points you made about how this thread has no place in this forum and how it should be moved to the "Off-Topic" forum, but I also feel for Mike Donovan at the same time. I've been a member of Lawnsite for a long time and in all sincerity am absolutely amazed by how well he's done and does, managing these forums. I know the least I can do is to cut Mike some slack. After all, no one's perfect at their job, but he's darn close to it.

Arse Whooper... What can I say man? I've always enjoyed your posts. They're always enjoyable to read. Keep them coming. I really like your sarcastic whit.

Even though I'm not worthy of that kind of praise Larry, thanks as always for the good words. The feeling's mutual. :waving:

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Arse Whooper... What can I say man? I've always enjoyed your posts. They're always enjoyable to read. Keep them coming. I really like your sarcastic whit.

Awww shucks.:o

Ric
09-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Karl

Stay on those Nora Grants with Copper Sulfate. They are prone to root rot in the rainy season, but also add some Mg to green them up. You can use Drug Store Epsom Salts as you Mg source. You only need a tablespoon or two per plant. You have my cell phone so call anytime. I am starting to think, Why should I post good information for the unwashed masses who hate me. It is like a Chicken trying to help Col. Sanders. In the very thread that is bashing me I have posted several very good pieces of information. My attitude now is Screw all of the malcontents.

Real Green
09-02-2008, 12:51 PM
I believe this to be the greatest thread ever.

Not gona lie, I'm huge Larry and Victor fan, that's not gona change.

Glad you are alright RIC.

gregory
09-02-2008, 01:11 PM
i will get some epson salt tks ric...

ted putnam
09-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Ric, your knowledge and wisdom are invaluable to those who like and dislike you for whatever reason( dislikes may not want to admit that). I'll have to say, the way you pass on that wisdom can be a little rough around the edges at times. I don't dislike you or consider myself a malcontent. Even if I did, there's no way I'd put you on my ignore list. I might miss vital information...or a good argument!:laugh: It is good to see you posting again. Take Care

heritage
09-02-2008, 03:25 PM
I gotta be honest again,

When I first came to this Board, I felt like I knew all.......Well there was this one guy Ric....He would question what I was posting, and right away insted of me thinking I could be wrong, I challenged him and soon thought he was a prick.

We I can tell you my ATTITUDE has changed a LOT since then and I always enjoy reading his way of looking at things....Not just with Plant Health.....But People too.

He is surely not boring and this LawnSite is better with him here, that without.

Think.......About....What....You .....Read......Always :)

Pete

whoopassonthebluegrass
09-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Awwww this is soooo sweet.

Group hug everyone!!

grassguy_
09-03-2008, 10:49 AM
Glad your back as well Ric, hope too that this hurricane season simmers down as a few more line up through the Atlantic basin. It definitely has to be a PITA coping with Mother nature at this scale!

Real Green
09-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Glad your back as well Ric, hope too that this hurricane season simmers down as a few more line up through the Atlantic basin. It definitely has to be a PITA coping with Mother nature at this scale!

I wish I had Mother Nature offering rain. It is so bad here on the peninsula, drought-wise. I hope Hurricane Hanna gives us something... anything!

grassguy_
09-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Real Green
I know exactly what you mean, we are in the same boat here. We had a spritzer last week that wasn't much for rain at all, and seriously dry. As it goes with weather to be normal you have to have two abnormal situations! :rolleyes: eg. monsoons+ drought = normal year. More than likely you'll get something here this weekend with any luck!

turf hokie
09-03-2008, 08:40 PM
Who else is jealous that a thread was started, has 1300 hits and was not about them???????

Love him or hate him, Ric knows his stuff and continues to post good information on a regular basis. Many have come and left(good and bad).

Thanks for the help, Ric, even if sometimes I to dodge name calling to get it. Oh wait I remember a quote from when I was little " sticks and stones may break my bones but name calling will never hurt". :hammerhead:

tremor
09-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Boy, who peed in your Cheerios this morning?:laugh::laugh:

Ric always posts here, applicators are the ones who will miss him, the thread has evolved a bit into one on economics. The economy effects our business as much as bugs, weather or anything else.

Good point...Personally I've never posted or even looked at any of the other boards.