PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions about modular water features?

Hardscaping
08-30-2008, 01:41 AM
Ok this is an example of what i am talking about

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=244000

I want to know about these types of features.

The things i want to know is

How much are they worth when fully assembled compared to just buying the pieces for them?

For example if i were to build one of these from scratch and then sell it to a customer would i make more this way or would i be better off buying the preassembled one?

I can't see it being hard to make these, If i were to make on which material would i use to attach the blocks to each other? pl premium or is there something different?

Other than the glue to attach these products to each other is there another design feature that makes them more expensive to buy other than the obvious of already being built?

If i were to build one of these modular water features should i make it with the holes for the forklift to move them around for fessible installs?

How much would one of these run to buy retail pricing?

Hardscaping
08-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Is there anybody that cn give some advice in this section? I know there are people out there with the experience

What type of pump would i use, things like this would help!

weasel
11-22-2008, 11:19 PM
just saw your post. the piece you pictured is on harmonyoutdoorliving.com
i think the tuscan pieces in this outdoor theme are way overpriced. i can build a piece like the one you showed for under a 1k they want 4k
good luck

LPS Pools
11-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Agreed, all modular systems are meant to save you time not money. You make the most, usually easily enough doing it yourself but if you just wanna make a quick smaller buck modulars aren't bad. As far as a pump goes, there are a lot of unanswered questions. What waterfall will you use, what's its flow rate, how many of them do you want? Are you wanting to build something just like this?
Dan