PDA

View Full Version : How many of you do this for instance?

cod8825
08-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Here in Kansas City we get a ton of rain right up to about the middle of July. I've always had good crabgrass control but this year I had a little bit of breakout in the middle of some of my properties which I have never had. I was picking up my grub control and another LCO stated that he does a barricade single app on March and does liquid dimension in may at .15#AI what do you think.

Matt

buttaluv
08-30-2008, 08:28 AM
I am in st. joseph, nice to hear from a local fella....

I use a single app of barricade and that's it, I have had pretty good luck, but...if you have a week stand of grass, bare spots, etc. your gonna get weeds, crabgrass, or whatever.

I do know of guys using split apps of dimension in march then in may, I may have to try something different next year due to the rising costs.

cod8825
08-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Why do you think that? I was getting quotes from Helena Chemical and for me it looks like it would be cheaper to go to a single app in spring and leave it at that.

RigglePLC
08-30-2008, 10:06 AM
And speaking of cheap. You COULD apply one regular ap of Dimension and follow up next round with additional Dimension--but only in crab prone areas. Or on troublesome lawns. Liquid or dry--depends on what suits your equipment and temperament.

kratzsc
08-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Also live in KC, have been using one application of pre-M. Crabgrass germinates when the soil temp. reaches 55 F. I try and time it to where the application goes down when the soil temp reaches 50F, which is usually in middle/late April.

For crabgrass control early applications sit for sometime before the plant germinates, thus diminishing their coverage later in the season.