View Full Version : Which lights do you sell/rent more of?

08-30-2008, 04:18 PM
What lights do you have requested more? The big C9 or mini lights? I see mainly mini lights here, the C9 size is starting to make a comeback though.

White lights were big for a while, now color is coming back as well.

The High end neighborhoods I would think would go more for the classic white light look rather than the colorful look.

This is my opinion, what do you guys see as a trend?

08-31-2008, 11:21 AM
90% white!

08-31-2008, 12:11 PM
thought so

Jason Rose
08-31-2008, 01:36 PM
White (clear) C-9's are the way to go for roof lines. I think minis on the rooflines dosn't look very good (unless you have a LOT of lights up). Multi color C-9 or C-7's look good on trees, not on the roof though. Solid colors look great on the roof, nice for something different other than white, but most people just want white.

08-31-2008, 03:21 PM
white is very clean looking I think, and classy.

C9s used for roofs... anywhere else?

I like the idea of green in the trees, I want to do my house then have green minis in the grass and tree.

David Gretzmier
08-31-2008, 11:30 PM
clear c-9's are always everywhere. we'll often add twinkle lights, or a few red or green bulbs at the corners and top of the peaks to make our houses look different. we also do a alot of lighted garlard at entryways,door ways, railings, and 4-8 foot wreaths at peaks. probably 50-60% of our jobs are light link jobs from Holiday Bright Lights. It separates us from the competition, and really looks nice. I try to be more of an outdoor decorator than just a c-9/mini-light guy. But 20-25% of our jobs are often just that, c-9's and or mini-lights only.

08-31-2008, 11:37 PM
I plan on looking at this as a compliment to the house itself. I think colors are a little tacky all though they can look nice in situations... but I don't see the areas I am going to market using a lot of them... sorry...

What is "light link" and why does everyone refer to Holiday Bright Lights like they are a certain kind that makes a difference?

08-31-2008, 11:47 PM
You can go to Holiday bright lights website and check out what a light link is. I think it's a neat product, we just have other compnies in the area that offer them, so I don't.

It's really going to depend on local trends on what you will sell. Dave sells a ton of garland, and I hardly get anyone interested in garland. Everyone wants white C9 on the roof and white mini lights in the bushes and trees around here.

David Gretzmier
09-01-2008, 12:01 AM
we have 4 other companys that sell linkables/ light links as well, but I just carry them into the house on bids and show them the product and plug it in. I show the catalog with pictures of houses with them on it. I show them the benefits and features of it. If they want it, they buy. if not, then they buy c-9's from me or they buy from someone else.

I always bring garland and a wreath to a bid, leave it on the front entry ,and show them what it looks like and plug it in. If you bring items and show them during a bid, even when they say on the phone they just want a price for lights across the front, when they see it, they may want it. If you just show a picture or talk about it, they won't buy. I also bring bows for the wreaths and people love them. I would much rather do less homes with more product on them.

09-01-2008, 12:03 AM
bows... new thread I guess... easier to search for us newbies...

09-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I think we all want to do less houses with more product! I bring all the different lights we carry, a small wreath and garland sample, but still no one buys the greenery. Maybe it's because I'm in car country and folks don't care about green, they just want more lights!