PDA

View Full Version : Next season...

LandworksUnited
08-30-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm looking to expand on my business, and to be frank, to pick up more accounts. Word of mouth has been best for me so far, but i'm still under 20 accounts. I'm ok with this, for this season, but by spring, I want this to be a full-time business.

What do i do this fall through winter to keep growing? Flyers? door-to-door? <b>Ask</b> customers to pass on my name?
Find me someone who runs a successful business, tell me what you did.

S.I.
08-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Talk to real estate agents and property managers. If you can befriend a few they are excellent lead generators and may even give you some business themselves. Fliers and door to door have not been really all that productive for me, but I've heard a lot of people preach these techniques.

Good Luck

mowerbrad
08-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Anything that can get your business name out there. Newspaper ads and fliers work ok. You could try going door to door but certain cities/townships have regulations about door to door sales. Get your truck lettered with your company name, logo (if you have one), phone number, and possibly a small list of your major services. Just you driving around in a lettered truck could get you plenty of work by having all the people see it. You could also try incentives to get your current customers to tell their friends about you. Something like 1 free mowing for every new yearly customer they refer to you. Also try sponsoring some youth baseball league, basketball leagues or other community event, that will help get your name out there. As long as you get your name out there, in your community, you should have no problem getting customers. Also go to business right now (this time of year is good) and see when they start accepting bids for lawn service, that might lead to some really go commercial accounts. Work hard at it from now to next season, you'll soon see all that hard work to get new customers will pay off and you should have plenty of new customers next year. Don't expect to get all that you need though just over one winter, new customers take time. Advertise all year and don't just advertise during the winter.