PDA

View Full Version : best time to look for new enclosed trailers

mower&more1986
08-30-2008, 09:02 PM
i just looking for some opinions on month or season and what day of week to look at enclosed trailers

supercuts
08-30-2008, 09:39 PM
is this a joke? what day of the week to look at an enclosed trailer?? am i missing something?

Keith
08-30-2008, 11:26 PM
He wants to know when the best time to purchase is. When the dealers are hungry for business. I don't know the answer, but that's a pretty good question. Day of the week probably wouldn't make a difference. But the month likely would. Not knowing anything, I would guess October-January.

mower&more1986
08-31-2008, 03:38 AM
Well what i found when the best time to buy car is at the end or near the end of the month. Not sure of its the same with trailer dealers.

Lawn-Sharks
08-31-2008, 09:43 AM
The best time to look for a enclosed trailer is when... you can afford it! :wall

jimithing31
08-31-2008, 11:37 AM
What size are you looking for? Ebay and Craigslist all the time. I just bought a 6x12 V-Nose on craigslist local to me for $1800. They bought it 4 months ago and it was too small for what they needed it for. I also have the original sales reciept, they purchased it for $2700. It's been used two times they claim and it looks like it.

TXNSLighting
08-31-2008, 01:13 PM
This is a dumb thread, Trailers arent like vehicles. At a reputable dealer there are no negotiations. If you cant afford a new enclosed, then goto ebay or craigslist and get one there.

pj550v12
08-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Actually they can be a little like vehicles. Trailer companies, like car companies come out with different models every year. Try to find out when your local trailer supplier starts recieving the new years models and then try to get a good deal on a leftover. Thats what I did, I happened to do it by accident, but it did work out.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
08-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Monday morning would be good........

mower&more1986
08-31-2008, 05:54 PM
This is a dumb thread, Trailers arent like vehicles. At a reputable dealer there are no negotiations. If you cant afford a new enclosed, then goto ebay or craigslist and get one there.

you know im really tired of my threads getting put down from you.
well after this im pretty much down with this website.
I never said anything about being not able to afford a new maybe some of dont like to pay what the dealer wants and would like to try and get a better price. I was just trying to gather info on other people experiences.

TXNSLighting
08-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Ha! Yeh they can come off that way. Its called constructive criticism. If you want a deal craigslist and Ebay is your bet. Not a dealer.

And im not the only one either...

punt66
08-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Ha! Yeh they can come off that way. Its called constructive criticism. If you want a deal craigslist and Ebay is your bet. Not a dealer.

No its immature babble from a teenager who thinks he knows everything. ^ Look at all his posts, always negative and nasty. The typical kid ruining this site.

Scgentlman1
08-31-2008, 08:42 PM
I also agree this use to be a very helpful site that someone could come to and enjoy great forums, however it never fails that people ruin a good thing. If you don't have something nice to say keep opinions to yourself.:hammerhead:

TXNSLighting
09-01-2008, 01:38 AM
No its immature babble from a teenager who thinks he knows everything. ^ Look at all his posts, always negative and nasty. The typical kid ruining this site.

Enough with the teenager crap, loser. Get a life. If 25 is a teenager to you then fine. But im done with you.

TXNSLighting
09-01-2008, 01:39 AM
I also agree this use to be a very helpful site that someone could come to and enjoy great forums, however it never fails that people ruin a good thing. If you don't have something nice to say keep opinions to yourself.:hammerhead:

Its called constructive criticism. I was raised with it, and it made me a better person. It helps out in life. Quit being a buncha sissys. :hammerhead:

punt66
09-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Enough with the teenager crap, loser. Get a life. If 25 is a teenager to you then fine. But im done with you.

25? a little behind with the matturity arnt you? guitar hero? hahha

jimithing31
09-01-2008, 09:49 AM

Hey aszjockey the dealers sell on Craigslist and Ebay. And the trailer industry is EXACTLY like the auto industry. I spoke to many trailer dealers when I was looking for mine and they all told me the same thing when I asked why there was such a price difference from MFG. to MFG.. They all said that their industry has become VERY competitive due to there being so much competition out there now. They are all willing to wheel and deal to be the one to get your business.

pjtrailerguy
09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
The fighting isn't cool. As a large trailer dealer myself I would say it doesn't/shouldn't really make a big difference when you buy a trailer. However with the cost of steel and fuel rising beyond anybodys control (seemingly!) I would say now is better then later as we don't forsee the costs coming back down to where they were. As far as model changes at the year end go, usually it only consists of changing from 08-09. Sometimes a manufacturer will do some small improvements on a trailer but not as signifigant as an automaker. Also the end of the month doesn't usually make a difference to dealers unless they operate very differently than we do. If I can suggest a brand to you I would go for an Atlas. They are built in Elkhart IN as most enclosed trailers are. VERY high quality (as they are a smaller mfger) and very competive prices. We don't sell a lot of enclosed trailers but the 12-15 per year that we move are all Atlas brand. Check out www.atlasspecialtytrailers.com for more info. We are exclusively a PJ Trailers dealer but we have several Atlas enclosed trailers out for rental units and they hold up very well. Much superior to something like US Cargo. Hope this helps you out.

TXNSLighting
09-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I was talking to my trailer dealer today, and he said trailers are going up 4-6% a month. Bad times. Id say the sooner the better is the best time to get one.