PDA

View Full Version : Is Snapper Any Good>>

charles16
08-30-2008, 09:18 PM
hey doesany1 know if Snapper's are any good???

Roger
08-30-2008, 09:46 PM
You won't get any meaningful answers with such a vague question. "...good," for what? Which model is under consideration? What to do with the machine? How much use? Mechanical design? Reliability? Quality of cut?

There are far too many considerations for anybody to give you any answer.

Also, do a search, with specific keywords. There are many, many threads that discuss Snapper mowers.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
08-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Here go's,i have owned one snapper 21 inch push,that was a good unit started 1 to 2 pulls used a little oil but ran season after season........

MowHouston
08-31-2008, 12:56 AM
hey doesany1 know if Snapper's are any good???

Assuming you are talking about a 21"...

If you need to bag all the time, get the bagging unit.

If not, get the mulcher.

I recommend not getting either. I hate my Snapper.

The main reason is the drive system. To engage the self propel system... you've got this idiotic lever on the upper right hand side of the handle that you have to hold down. Doing turns is cumbersome. I have to mow 3+ stripes on either side (6 total) of a lawn before I can use them as clean turnarounds, otherwise the damn lever hits the fence, in turn engaging the drive system and annoying the hell out of me.

I bought it on the fly (a little less than $800) because I -had- to get the mower that day and the Toro dealership I was directed to didn't sell Toro anymore.

I was told by guys that the Toro is the way to go for the 21".

I would demo both if I were you.

If you do get the snapper, buy some gator blades while you're at the dealership. Those ninja blades are BS. My cut got a lot better after getting rid of those.

Good luck.

bohiaa
08-31-2008, 08:57 AM
they havent made anything good in 8 years

Lawnut101
08-31-2008, 11:10 AM
I have a 90's walk behind (see my sig) and I've been really impressed with it. It is an absolute tank. What kind of mower are you looking at??

ed2hess
08-31-2008, 06:57 PM
they havent made anything good in 8 years

I am curious which ones you had trouble with? Have you run any of the new series ZTR with Ferris decks?

dura to the max
08-31-2008, 08:24 PM
i had an older 52" belt drive w/b that i gave a guy credit for when he bought a z from me. used it as a backup w/ no issues. tough as a scag imo (this was an older unit though)