PDA

View Full Version : need help

Hughfinfan
08-30-2008, 11:01 PM
im looking for a core aerator to purchase need some input on which is the best from lesco, also looking for the plastic stakes for my post signs thanks hughie

Manicured
08-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Hughie
Do not buy your walk behind aerator from Lesco. Lesco is one of the best places to buy seed and fertilizer but also the worst place to purchase equipment. Lesco (at least a my area locations) have no mechanic on the property. If you ever have a problem it might be days before it is fixed. The aeration window is often very narrow so don't put yourself at risk.

I feel that the best aerator is made by Ryan. I have owned a Ryan IV for six years and it does a great job! Ryan is the best because it has the most tines of any aerator in its size class. For example the Ryan IV (the one that I own) has 5 spendles with 6 tines each. The glossen and Bluebird have only 4 spendles and 6 tines each yet it is the same size and costs the same or less. Ryan also makes a larger model (V) that has 7 spendles and 42 tines. I suggest that you get the smaller model. It is easier to turn and works better in tighter areas. The model IV fits on narrow grass medians and if you ever buy a large pull-behind aerater you will still need the Ryan IV to aerate the lawn edges.

The Ryan aeraters are made with a choice of two engine types. A Honda or a Briggs & Stratton. I bought the Briggs version and have had no problems. As I look back over the 10 years I've been in business the Ryan IV aerator was probably one of my better decisions.

One of my best purchase decisions was to buy a Aera-vator but thats another rabbit trail.

Good luck Hughie